Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Confidence in the process?

Started by HeyHogs, November 24, 2017, 09:41:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you have confidence in the powers that be to get this right?

No
Yes

HeyHogs

I expect the process to fail us again.  What say you?

greenie

That interim AD press conference wasn't a good start. We're going to hand over the hiring to her discretion?...right.

HF#1

As a Razorback fan, we are not allowed confidence.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

grayhawg

I have more confidence n the GOBN than I did Long

Tusks

You have to have average intelligence to see how this will play out.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ADavisTheGOAT

I have no idea what is going to happen.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

HoggyCat

Depends on what you mean by PTB. It appears Peoples is THE PTB. If that's the case, expect more of the same. Her past hire, plus she's a Long cronie. Better hope she gets her feelings hurt in a bad way.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: greenie on November 24, 2017, 09:44:57 pm
That interim AD press conference wasn't a good start. We're going to hand over the hiring to her discretion?...right.

She's a mouthpiece.  She's not actually making the decision.  But yes, I expect the process, whatever it is, will not be kind.  Of course, I don't know what process we could employ to attract a coach that would be a difference maker.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HoggusMaximus

she sure is high on herself, as long as the powers at be get a real ad I'll be happy as for the coach I am clueless

Ex-Trumpet

I'm actually optimistic.  Interim AD is a figurehead and wields zero influence in this hire.

If she actually is driving the bus, then may the Lord help us all...we will need it.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

WilsonHog

Some of y'all are walking blind without a cane.

Wild Bill Hog

Willing to take a chance given what we have had.  Just wish she had no connection at all to Long.

checkraiser88

I feel like the BB supporters have came out of there cave tonight

Kevin

going according to the plan, so far
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

greenie

Quote from: tusked on November 24, 2017, 09:48:07 pm
You have to have average intelligence to see how this will play out.

Sure. The PTB will hire someone.  No intelligence required to see that. They'll try Gus, then Norvell.  I don't like Gus, but I hope he takes it. Norvell would be a major roll of the dice.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: greenie on November 24, 2017, 10:06:19 pm
Sure. The PTB will hire someone.  No intelligence required to see that. They'll try Gus, then Norvell.  I don't like Gus, but I hope he takes it. Norvell would be a major roll of the dice.

We no longer have White meddling in the hiring process. The PTB will execute a similar hire to what JFB would have if he were still in charge and left to his own discretion.

This is my non-signature signature.

PorkRinds

I have none whatsoever. We will be worse off.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 24, 2017, 10:11:29 pm

Interesting statement. How are you certain?

WilsonHog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 24, 2017, 10:09:02 pm
We no longer have White meddling in the hiring process. The PTB will execute a similar hire to what JFB would have if he were still in charge and left to his own discretion.

Good point. No committee, no Jeff Long.

Wild Bill Hog

jkstock04

Being rid of Jeff Long and Bret Bielema is an absolute blessing. Not sure what you qualify as "get this right" but the steps have easily been taken in the right direction. Can't get any worse than where we were a month ago.

Bielema ruined this football program. Jeff Long hired him. Both are now gone...we will see what happens next. Gotta be better. Any AD that emphasizes winning and has actual expectations there...Leach, Malzahn, Norvell, Frost....any combination of that is "getting it right" in my book. Time to bring the football program back to life.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

DeltaBoy

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=648397.0

Read ,comprehend, and Relax it all under control!
The God father has spoken! 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: greenie on November 24, 2017, 09:44:57 pm

How hard can it be when the amounts and coach have already been agreed upon...lol...all you have to do is be a pretty face....right?

Pecos Hog

Had the PTB/GOBN not exerted influence, we'd still have JL.    And if we still had JL, we'd still be stuck with Bert.    Thank goodness some people who really care about this program stepped forward and said enough was enough.   

HawgPilot

Sky is not falling.  Take a nap, everything is going to be ok.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

a0ashle

It's really hard to have confidence in the process, when those in charge are telling us that an interim AD of 1.5 weeks now made the decision to fire CBB and will be hiring our new coach...

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 24, 2017, 10:09:02 pm

Totally agree. This is a different situation than we've seen in the recent past. Theres already an AD advisory committee.  It's not like the interim AD is going to just do this on her own. I don't think she meant to imply that, and the 103.7 crew ran with it hard, all the while knowing better.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

HardCore

Worse than what?  One point victors over Coastal Carolina? 
It only has 1 way to go.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

HawgPilot

Quote from: HardCore on November 24, 2017, 10:36:19 pm
It only has 1 way to go.

No chit....

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: a0ashle on November 24, 2017, 10:33:08 pm
It's really hard to have confidence in the process, when those in charge are telling us that an interim AD of 1.5 weeks now made the decision to fire CBB and will be hiring our new coach...

What she going to say?  A bunch of cigars got together and pulled his cork last Sunday?  They can't say that. She didn't decide that--it was already decided and she was the person expected to do it.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

a0ashle

Quote from: HardCore on November 24, 2017, 10:36:19 pm
It only has 1 way to go.

That's how arrogant we are... we can't conceive of it getting any worse. It can get worse.

a0ashle

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 24, 2017, 10:37:52 pm
What she going to say?  A bunch of cigars got together and pulled his cork last Sunday?  They can't say that. She didn't decide that--it was already decided and she was the person expected to do it.

The question is "Do i trust the process?"... if those in charge of the process thought that 1) its okay to let a interim AD make this decision or 2) its okay to send out an interim AD out to a PC and tell everyone the said interim AD will make the decision....the answer is a resounding NO.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 24, 2017, 10:35:55 pm
Totally agree. This is a different situation than we've seen in the recent past. Theres already an AD advisory committee.  It's not like the interim AD is going to just do this on her own. I don't think she meant to imply that, and the 103.7 crew ran with it hard, all the while knowing better.

What would you think if I told you that Scanlon is one of her "advisors" on the coaching hire and has been for over a week?

How would that effect your thoughts on how everything gels together between the new AD & HC  considering the rumors that he is the front runner?

Could Scanlon do more in the coaching search without actually being a university employee before the actual firing of BB?

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: a0ashle on November 24, 2017, 10:41:08 pm
The question is "Do i trust the process?"... if those in charge of the process thought that 1) its okay to let a interim AD make this decision or 2) its okay to send out an interim AD out to a PC and tell everyone the said interim AD will make the decision....the answer is a resounding NO.

1. She didn't make the decision.

2. The alternative is to say that a bunch of boosters decided, and they're not stupid enough to say that.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 24, 2017, 10:43:18 pm

2. The alternative is to say that a bunch of boosters decided, and they're not stupid enough to say that.

That's funny because it happens that way at a majority of schools in the south. Lol.

Except for us the last 10 years. "Give us your money and attend our functions but please keep quiet and don't bother anyone."

a0ashle

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 24, 2017, 10:43:18 pm

There are other alternative. Like a search committee or how about we don't try to hire a coach without an AD? Lots of choices here. I don't blame her, I don't know what she was told and what she wasn't but it's Amateur hour on The Hill right now.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 24, 2017, 10:42:42 pm
What would you think if I told you that Scanlon is one of her "advisors" on the coaching hire and has been for over a week?

How would that effect your thoughts on how everything gels together between the new AD & HC  considering the rumors that he is the front runner?

Could Scanlon do more in the coaching search without actually being a university employee before the actual firing of BB?

I think she's getting lots of advice, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of it is coming from Scanlon. I don't think Scanlon will be the AD though.

It's entirely possible that he could be a UA intermediary.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 24, 2017, 10:46:16 pm
That's funny because it happens that way at a majority of schools in the south. Lol.

Except for us the last 10 years. "Give us your money and attend our functions but please keep quiet and don't bother anyone."

Sure it does, but they don't usually work that into the presser.

I think if she'd been a man, most people wouldn't have cared. It would have just been another presser full of cliches about a coaching change.

jkstock04

Quote from: a0ashle on November 24, 2017, 10:38:15 pm
That's how arrogant we are... we can't conceive of it getting any worse. It can get worse.
How can it get worse? We are now Vanderbilt without the academics. That's where Jeff Long and Bret Bielema took us. You guys hitched your wagons 100% to Bielema and are upset it went belly up...comments like this make it obvious.

Looks like the next proverbial line in the sand has been drawn tonight...inevitable I guess. The first bump in the road we see with the new AD/coach you guys will be the first to attack and criticize. Such is the way of fandom these days. Pick a side...commence to scream and holler.

It's unfortunate in my opinion that everyone can't just simply want to see the football program win as many games as possible. But, that's not good enough. Not only is that not good enough...to some it may be the opposite of what they want if "right way" and "nice guy" aren't a major part of the equation.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on November 24, 2017, 10:15:59 pm
Why do you think this?
Because the people running the show now are absolute morons.

a0ashle

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 24, 2017, 10:49:52 pm
Sure it does, but they don't usually work that into the presser.

I think if she'd been a man, most people wouldn't have cared. It would have just been another presser full of cliches about a coaching change.

Maybe you are right about the issue for some is that she is a women, all I can tell you is that isn't me. I don't like the games being played above her, and in doing so they have put her in a crappy position in order to cover their tracks.

a0ashle

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 24, 2017, 10:54:26 pm
How can it get worse? We are now Vanderbilt without the academics. That's where Jeff Long and Bret Bielema took us. You guys hitched your wagons 100% to Bielema and are upset it went belly up...comments like this make it obvious.

Looks like the next proverbial line in the sand has been drawn tonight...inevitable I guess. The first bump in the road we see with the new AD/coach you guys will be the first to attack and criticize. Such is the way of fandom these days. Pick a side...commence to scream and holler.

It's unfortunate in my opinion that everyone can't just simply want to see the football program win as many games as possible. But, that's not good enough. Not only is that not good enough...to some it may be the opposite of what they want if "right way" and "nice guy" aren't a major part of the equation.

We could be Kansas...

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: a0ashle on November 24, 2017, 10:55:20 pm
Maybe you are right about the issue for some is that she is a women, all I can tell you is that isn't me. I don't like the games being played above her, and in doing so they have put her in a crappy position in order to cover their tracks.

What games are those?

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 24, 2017, 10:00:03 pm
Some of y'all are walking blind without a cane.

I think everyone from the PTB to the fans think it will be Gus right now.  I don't so because Gus is ambitious, likes winning and at least a chance at a NC, occasionally.  As long as the SECW is as strong as it currently is, Arkansas would not be a good bet for either for Gus.

Win or lose the Bama game I think he will stay at Auburn.

Believe it will be Leach.  Probably due to experience level and style of offense.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 24, 2017, 10:54:57 pm

How do you know this?

Hollywood870

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 24, 2017, 10:54:57 pm
Do you even know who is running the show, or did you just make that up? NYJMSU

a0ashle

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 24, 2017, 10:57:30 pm
What games are those?

Please, I know you are following closer then this. The university tells the press that the interim AD will be looking for our next head coach? If there isn't games being played behind the scenes then the PTB are dumber then I thought.

Con el Cerdos

WilsonHog

One of the things I liked is that JCP was unequivocal: "We have to win."