Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If someone had told you both Jeff Long and Coach B would be fired this year

Started by forrest city joe, November 24, 2017, 08:49:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

What Odds would you have given?i wanted them both gone,but never thought it would happen.i knew there was a chance with coach B.but Long getting fired was shocking. my odds were 0% that both would get fired.and as of tonight both have been fired.UNREAL!

texas tush hog

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 24, 2017, 08:49:12 pm
What Odds would you have given?i wanted them both gone,but never thought ot would happen.i knew there was a chance with coach B.but Long getting fired was shocking. my odds were 0% that both would get fired.and as of tonight both have been fired.UNREAL!

Within the same week?

JOKERHOG

What Odds would you have given?i wanted them both gone,but never thought ot would happen.i knew there was a chance with coach B.but Long getting fired was shocking. my odds were 0% that both would get fired.and as of tonight both have been fired.UNREAL!

Love it.  Somebody that matters is PISSED!!!
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

forrest city joe

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 24, 2017, 08:50:51 pm

Within the same week?
Yep! it's really unreal when you think about it.and Long got fired before coach B did.

Wild Bill Hog

Can't argue with you Joe.  I really didn't expect it.  I am ecstatic.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: JOKERHOG on November 24, 2017, 08:50:57 pm
Love it.  Somebody that matters is PISSED!!!
Some folks didn't like the Athletics/Football programs being run by yankees. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Dark Helmet Hog

jst01

Someone understood it's gonna take a complete change from the top in what the program demands of the coach.

moses_007

synthartist69

Not both of them, NO.... no way..... Actually, from all the hype, I thought we were going to have a 9 win season.

Locutus_of_Boar

After last year CBB's fall seemed inevitable within two years though it wasn't obvious it would be today until the TCU and A&M losses hammered home his program such as it was had peaked in 2015.

I really thought Long would be given a third FB coaching hire because of his national credibility but in retrospect once the NEZ was approved the PTB wrote off both as a lost cause.

forrest city joe

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 24, 2017, 08:53:06 pm
Some folks didn't like the Athletics/Football programs being run by yankees. 
If those so call yankees had been winning games,most folks would not care.Long and his coach,did not win anywhere near enough games.that's why they are both fired.

rude1

Figured Bert was gone, but saw no way JL was going to be gone at all, let alone being gone first!!!!

Wants2Win

jabberjawls

What Odds would you have given?i wanted them both gone,but never thought it would happen.i knew there was a chance with coach B.but Long getting fired was shocking. my odds were 0% that both would get fired.and as of tonight both have been fired.UNREAL!
Curious.... what do you think is the acceptable winning percentage for a coach?

rtr

Joe, I hope the new regime does not negatively affect Mike Anderson. He is making big strides could even see it today against North Carolina.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Pecos Hog

Before the season started I thought he'd be gone if he didn't get 6 wins.    I also thought JL would do what needed to be done.    JL apprently made the wrong choice by standing in the way.   

DeltaBoy

. I been wanting them both gone since year 4.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

pignatious

Exactly what needed to happen unfortunately. But hiring the right replacements is the hard part.
Freedom is never free.

Hoggish1

Odds on long being gone were very. And fired first was mandatory.

dfwalumdad

when gearhart was replaced both long and bert were on borrowed time.

farmhawg

Happier that a pig in darn.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

Quote from: jst01 on November 24, 2017, 08:55:09 pm
Someone understood it's gonna take a complete change from the top in what the program demands of the coach.
All about leadership.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Poker_hog

We were lead to believe that long was doing a good job with managing the money and that's all the board cared about.  One or both of these things were wrong.

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

hoglady

I'm glad on both accounts.

Looking forward to hopefully better days ahead.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

forrest city joe

Quote from: rude1 on November 24, 2017, 08:56:59 pm
Figured Bert was gone, but saw no way JL was going to be gone at all, let alone being gone first!!!!
And the speed of it was stunning!for the sake of the program this had to happen.but i did not think it would.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wild Bill Hog

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Poker_hog on November 24, 2017, 09:19:05 pm
We were lead to believe that long was doing a good job with managing the money and that's all the board cared about.  One or both of these things were wrong.

who are we
Let's make some waves.

leroyhawg

The writing was on the wall after the first game, we looked like a H.S. team.
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

depressed_fan

I thought it was a good chance both could go. But I wasn't focusing on the AD b/c I've been too busy. I figured if Bret was going to be out this year JL would be out too. I predicted seven and five or six and six before the year a couple times in the summer threads. But everyone thought we would be around 9

fieldturf

It should of happen in 2013 when BB went 0-8 in league play!!  As for Jeff Long it was like Christmas day when I heard he was shown the door.

jkstock04

I never saw Bielema getting the axe as long as Jeff Long was our AD. When he was fired I knew Bielema was toast. I can't say it enough, but I'm ecstatic there are apparently at least some people that make the decisions that had the balls to do this. It screams "yes we do care about winning!"
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jgphillips3

I sure as Hell wouldn't have put money on it.  Even a few weeks ago I thought Long would survive, even if mildly chastened.  It's a great time to be a Razorback football fan again.  Hopefully, the PTB don't screw this up.  I don't think they will by the way.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Poker_hog on November 24, 2017, 09:19:05 pm

Yep. and we were told that for years.

Jimbob111

I knew Bielema was gone. I've said it repeatedly that there was no way he could survive this. I was wavering on Jeff Long but we see how that ended.

There were many who stated that Bielema would get six years and I felt all along that 5 years would be the max if he went less than 6-6 this year. I felt that Long would be forced to fire him or be fired himself.

I'm not sure if that was the case but I knew that either Bielema would be gone or both Bielema and Long would be gone. The only question I had was if Long would do what needed to be done and of course, as we see now, he didn't.

I'm not saying keeping Bielema is what cost Long his job but I guarantee you, it didn't help.  The empty stands that the camera crews kept showing ad nauseam as the season progressed were the deal killer for Long when Bielema wasn't fired mid-season.

You can argue with my points if you want but you're wrong. Both are gone. Truth. When Bielema wasn't fired by mid October, Long was gone as well. It was just a matter of time.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

JenksHawg

EastArkHog 47

I wanted them both gone but certainly wouldn't have bet money on it.

idochog

I love Jesus!

HogBreath

I felt like had to be on thin ice, he was waaaay too self serving.  And all his football hires had turned out badly or were botched up by him in differing ways. 

All of them showing his lack of ability to handle strong egos or challenging situations.  Long was flat out an amateur in this area.

The Ladybacks/Coach Dykes deal was real bad.  Supposedly he'd been advised this was a bad idea from the get go.

The Coach McDonnell deal was screwed up.  And really no excuse for this one.  How dumb can one be?

His most success came with Coach Anderson and the basketball team, and even that one has needed a certain amount of patience by the fan base.

I'm sure there are some areas where he'd be great, even more sure of those where he's just plain way out of his league.

Thankfully our PTB's saw his limitations as well.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HognotinMemphis

Not only did I think it possible, I posted here more than once that it was likely. So for those whose lives revolve around my predictions, put 2 check marks in the "correct" column for me so you do not lie later about my accuracy.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 24, 2017, 09:09:04 pm
. I been wanting them both gone since year 4.
I knew BB wasn't good enough when he only won 3 games his first year and nearly lost to Samford. Had enough talent to go bowling that year. Didn't coach hard enough.  Five years later I think that's why he didn't win enough.  The interim AD lady said the next coach has to be a tireless worker and demanding of his players.  Bielema was too laid back and tried to be friends with the players.  Wasn't demanding enough. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***