Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We are going to suck for the next three years.

Started by HeyHogs, November 24, 2017, 08:17:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeyHogs

Get ready!  Most of this board wanted this and you will get your wish.  If they hire an up tempo coach we will suck the next three years.  We do not have the depth or the players to play up tempo on both sides of the ball.  I am so sick of the inmates running the asylum with this program.

alohawg

Maybe so, but we'll suck with hope instead of none.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

tbailey

Umm are you saying we haven't sucked for the last five?

RebelliousHog

Quote from: HeyHogs on November 24, 2017, 08:17:46 pm
Get ready!  Most of this board wanted this and you will get your wish.  If they hire an up tempo coach we will suck the next three years.  We do not have the depth or the players to play up tempo on both sides of the ball.  I am so sick of the inmates running the asylum with this program.

Go support Aubie.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Bacons Rebellion

Sucking for three years will be an improvement over sucking for five.

Looking forward to the 2021 season.

kp72204

I think you mean inmates running the prison......I kid, I kid. Better 3 then 8

jst01

Hurt feelings. 11 conf wins in five seasons. Say that again to yourself. It's unreal. We'll be just fine

Bubba's Bruisers

Our OL situation alone will put us behind the 8 ball the next few years. Nevermind the lack of speed on defense.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Squealers

Regardless of which offensive strategery we engage, we will be behind the 8 ball for a few years....we need to rebuild the program once again.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Wild Bill Hog

New in town aren't you?

HoggyCat

So let's bring back bert & Jeffi.  I'd rather suck for three years than not have a program.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Dark Helmet Hog

I think we will be better than what people believe with the right coach and scheme.

GoHogs1091

It is going to depend on heavily who are the Assistant Coaches, particularly the Coordinators.

If they give Malzahn just as much or more than they have been paying Bielema, then there won't be good enough Coordinators here with Malzahn.  Malzahn has already shown at Auburn that he can be pretty average without great Assistants.

If Norvell is hired, and if Norvell does not have the connections to bring in a great Defensive Coordinator, then we will be regulated to trying to outscore SEC opponents.  Trying to outscore SEC opponents who actually play great defense (Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, and some years Florida) is not a consistent winning plan.

husker71

I don't know if that is true at all.  Right coach and staff and after 1 year who knows. I have seen it happen before.  Have some hope because the alternative was doomed.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 24, 2017, 08:27:58 pm
It is going to depend on heavily who are the Assistant Coaches, particularly the Coordinators.

If they give Malzahn just as much or more than they have been paying Bielema, then there won't be good enough Coordinators here with Malzahn.  Malzahn has already shown at Auburn that he can be pretty average without great Assistants.

If Norvell is hired, and if Norvell does not have the connections to bring in a great Defensive Coordinator, then we will be regulated to trying to outscore SEC opponents.  Trying to outscore SEC opponents who actually play great defense (Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, and some years Florida) is not a consistent winning plan.

So what's the salary pool going to be? 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

HF#1

I still believe a good coach can come in here with the players on campus and win 8 games. The schedule is ripe for an 8 win season.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

jabberjawls

Troll

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 24, 2017, 08:31:06 pm
I still believe a good coach can come in here with the players on campus and win 8 games. The schedule is ripe for an 8 win season.

I think a better coach could have won 8 this year too.

Wild Bill Hog

Agree.

HeyHogs

Quote from: Squealers on November 24, 2017, 08:24:28 pm
Regardless of which offensive strategery we engage, we will be behind the 8 ball for a few years....we need to rebuild the program once again.

You make my point.  We will always be rebuilding because TPTB don't have clue.

go hogues

There's always three years from now...

;D
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Bubba's Bruisers

I remember when Mizzou was supposedly an automatic win.  Always ripe for the taking.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 24, 2017, 08:30:11 pm
So what's the salary pool going to be? 

Probably around the same that it has been under Bielema.

Keep in mind that we have to pay off a stadium expansion that might have been a misguided expansion.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 24, 2017, 08:33:51 pm
Probably around the same that it has been under Bielema.

Keep in mind that we have to pay off a stadium expansion that might have been a misguided expansion.

Probably?  You seemed so certain before.

Garon111

YOU FUNNY!!!!

HeyHogs

Pig in the Pokey

wth are you on about? We have a lot of talent coming back next year and will win 9+ games with Leach or Norvell.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hawgphat

Yes, our football program will undoubtedly languish in the doldrums of "Doormat Fodder" for at least the next three years.  That scenario may be unavoidable.  An overnight miraculous turnaround is unlikely to be on our horizon. 

Depending upon the quality of our yet-to-be-determined new football HC and supporting coaching complement, and upon their ability to utilize the player personnel we have on hand to maximum effectiveness, it is possible that some of the losses we are destined to endure for the foreseeable future will be more respectable, in terms of scoring margins, than the blighted results we have endured during the era of the previous head football honcho and company

As the old axiom goes, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step".  Carefully and wisely select the new staff - - and start stepping.

Hogimus Prime

There is talent on the roster to win right now.

Dark Helmet Hog

kodiakisland

Congrats! on coming out of your coma.  Must have been a long one.  I'm sure you could find all the old games saved somewhere, but do yourself the favor and just look at the record the last 6yrs.  Then put your prognosis of the next 3 years in perspective.  Might be better than the coma you've been in for so long.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

HiggiePiggy

I think we will win at least 7 next year with a decent coach. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

JIHawg

Great subject line OP.  That will sure help recruiting.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: jst01 on November 24, 2017, 08:21:51 pm
Hurt feelings. 11 conf wins in five seasons. Say that again to yourself. It's unreal. We'll be just fine

0-5 vs Bama

0-5 vs A&M

0-2 vs USCe

1-4 vs Auburn

1-4 vs MSU

1-3 vs Mizzou

2-3 vs LSU

I guess he's thinking the glory days against Ole Miss are over?

HiggiePiggy

We didn't lose games because of our talent.  We lost because of our coaching.  We have lost an extra game or 2 every year that Bielema was here because of his lack of coaching. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HeyHogs

Quote from: JIHawg on November 24, 2017, 08:40:28 pm
Great subject line OP.  That will sure help recruiting.
If a kid chooses to not come here due to something written on this board, we don't need him.

hog911

So how did trying to out Alabama with three star recruits workout for us? BB's record speaks for itself! Pathetic

Dropkick

Haven't you guys heard? We are getting Gus and will dominate!

Wants2Win

1highhog

Glad we got our wish.  We will have a winning season next year, even having to use what was left from Bielema.   Now these players will have hope from here on out and see what having a chance of sinning really feels like.

JackTNHogfan

Even if the next 5 coaches suck, I'd rather reset with a new coach once the previous has proven they can't get it done, then to stick with a coach who we know can't.  I don't care if he is a likable guy or not.  At least with a new coach, we have hope and the honeymoon phase is usually good for a couple years. 

I happen to honestly believe if we get Gus, Norvell, or Leach, we will win fast.

HeyHogs

Quote from: Dropkick on November 24, 2017, 08:46:43 pm
OMG!!!  You are soooo funny!!! 😂

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Dropkick on November 24, 2017, 08:46:43 pm

Let's be honest, we're going to claim this no matter the coach. 

HeyHogs

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on November 24, 2017, 08:48:01 pm

I happen to honestly believe if we get Gus, Norvell, or Leach, we will win fast.

Does that make you a sunshine pumper?

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 24, 2017, 08:49:32 pm
Let’s be honest, we’re going to claim this no matter the coach. 

Hope will be passed out like candy the first 2 years.

husker71

It is this easy I think.  Heck with injuries or whatever.  Our 3rd team should have been able to beat Coastal Carolina by at least a couple of touchdowns.  That is the game that we should look to as lack of effort and lack of being prepared. It is leadership I think but am shocked that Enos at times and Rhoades (both of whom want to be HCs again I would think)  did not have their guys more fired up and ready to play.

JackTNHogfan