Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thank You Bret Posts

Started by PorcineSublime, November 24, 2017, 06:28:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay-hog

Hope BB the best of luck in the future.

hawgdavis

I just hope for him and his family that he can get clear of this situation and have future success as a person no matter what that may be in. He did do good things  here and I for one don't believe he left the cupboard bare, I for one think he did a good job of evaluating players and brought in good decent young men to represent this program.

I wish him and his family well and good fortune.

MrKlem10

He did his best to market the program and create men of character.  He did clean up an athletic team that was littered with bad character and bad grades.    He will be successful elsewhere.   

SemperFi

Coach, it's been a rollercoaster these past five years with some great highs and some tough lows. I appreciate your efforts to bring us a winning program and wish you all the best. Good luck and God Bless Coach!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

jcbville

Big thanks to CBB and I wish him well.

I believe he truly wanted to be here and that's why more than any other reason I hate that it didn't work out.

Quickdraw

Thank you Brett for all the good things you did get accomplished in your five years here. I didn't agree with you on every decision but that is expected. I will say you represented the University and the state of Arkansas with respect and dignity I like your honesty and straight forward talk. I wish you nothing but great success in your future. But most of all give that little girl of yours all the love and time you can. Thank you from a Razorback Fan.

SNORTZENHOGGER

Thanks Coach for mentoring all those young men and helping them get to class. You run a clean program and we never had to worry  about any violations or misconduct among the coaches or players with very few exceptions. You did great with the national media and I really enjoyed seeing you represent Arkansas in that capacity. Wishing you, your beautiful wife, and precious daughter all the best. Let God lead you where y'all need to be... God Bless
Bobby, Fools'ball is from the devil... Everything is the devil to you, Mama! Well, I like HOGVILLE, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good! And by the way, Mama. "HOGVILLE POSTERS" are ornery 'cause of their "Medula Oblongata"!

Pigdiana Jones

While he should have been let go after last season, he is a classy guy and a standup guy. He represented UA with class and isn't a complete loser like TCTWF. Thanks Brett for your trying. I'm sorry it didn't work out. Good luck in your future endeavors.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Jek Tono Porkins

I was one of the biggest CBB supporters until late last year.

Coach Bielema, thanks for leaving your cushy gig at Wisconsin to take over the dumpster fire we had raging here, a risk that was unfathomable to most coaches. While it obviously hasn't worked out on the field, thanks for being a positive role model to the kids and really cleaning up the off-field issues that plagued the program when you arrived. Good luck to you in the future.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

JaketheSnake

I'll be rooting for CBB's team wherever he goes.  Appreciate the way he handled himself and the team.  Sucks it didn't work out and good luck wherever you go.

greenEGnHAWGS

Bret, I truly wish the best for you and your family. The wins didn't show up like we were hoping for and you expected, but I know you had a passion to be here and to help these kids understand lessons beyond the field.

Thank you for your efforts!

-GreenEG
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Cartoon Man

B est wishes for you and your family.

Hogmaestro

I have nothing but extreme admiration for Bret Bielema. Has made a fan of me for life. Wherever he goes, they will be my 2nd favorite team. Total class. Huge heart. Full of love.
I am a better person from having observed Bret Bielema

jgphillips3

Bret's failings were, while infuriating, not intentional.  Now that it's over, I wish him well, hope he fixes whatever is wrong and he goes on to a happy life.

TNhawgfan

I'm truly sorry it didn't work out with Coach B. I would have loved nothing more to have a winner and a class act steering it. It just wasn't meant to be. Good luck, and on to the next head Hog
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

JLaHawg

The way he handled himself in the post game presser was classy and admirable.  He summed it up well...just didn't get the wins.  Talking about how he would support the program and his successor, how his daughter was born here, etc etc.....he was all class.  Putting that in contrast with what a [CENSORED] Nutt was and how Petrino lied...I would say that Arkansas and CBB will part ways amicably and both will move forward successfully.  Best of luck to you Coach B. 

SquidBilly

I really wish the win/loss record had been better because CBB was one of the most likeable guys to lead the program since Ken Hatfield.  Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be but I wish him and his family much success in the future.

Mikey

I agree with CBB's comment about him leaving the program in better shape than it was in when he arrived.  I do believe integrity is very important but, at this level, so are wins and he knows that better than any of us on this board.  I enjoyed the two bowl wins -- especially Texas -- and the back-to-back shutouts of LSU and Ole Miss.  Just not enough of those kinds of moments.

I wish him and his family all the best (unless he's coaching against the Hogs someday  ;)).

srazorback

Thank you Coach for being a class act.  Good luck in all you do. WPS

TNRazorbacker

Best of luck to you and your family. Hope you remember your time in Arkansas well.

rljjr

Thanks coach. You tried hard and cared for your players. I will appreciate how you treated Rawleigh and Frank. Best of luck to you and your family.

pigskenG

I wish his record was better. A fantastic coach in every way except for the W-L. But that's coaching in the SEC I guess.
I wish him and his family well. I believe that he will do OK, and soon.  Thanks Coach.

trevlo98

Wanted this to work out so bad for our program and our fans. He genuinely seemed to care about everything Arkansas.  He was classy in the end and I wish he and his wife nothing but success in the future.

Ironhawg

November 24, 2017, 08:36:26 pm #73 Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 08:50:48 pm by Ironhawg
Coach Bielema you seem to be a genuinely good person who cares deeply about your team.  I hoped things would work out for you and I am sorry they did not.  I watched your final press conference and was struck by the class you showed at a difficult time.  I honestly believe you love Arkansas.  Good luck to you and your family.  Woo pig.

menehune

Thank you, Coach Bielema, for your hard work, integrity, honesty, commitment to run a clean program, leadership and example for our student-athletes, ambassadorship for not only the University of Arkansas, but the entire state of Arkansas, and so many other things too numerous to list.  I am sad that the current culture in our world is one in which patience is completely lacking.  Despite the fact that the win-loss record says otherwise, I have no doubt that the path you took with our program would have reaped rewards in the next two years and would have loved to see you complete your plan.  The class you exemplified with your last press conference is indicative of the class individual you are.  Wherever you go...whatever you do, you have a lifelong fan in me.  I will root for you and your team...until you play my Hogs!  Woo Pig, one last time for you!!!  Thank you.

14erHog

Thank you CBB for staying classy during this whole situation. I wish you and your family nothing but the best.
We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

HawgSZN

Great guy just couldn't get over the last two games of last year.
Quote from: onebadrubi on November 21, 2019, 01:13:05 pm
Damn. you say his name he pops up.  This guy is legend status

Justagp

Quote from: anaxagoras on November 24, 2017, 06:48:27 pm
Thanks for your efforts, Coach B! You were a class act and gave us some great games to watch:
Laying the smack down on Texas
The Hunter Heave!
Back to Back shutouts in 2014, including whooping LSU's A$$ while they drank hot chocolate in the cold.
Our first SEC win over Florida

You did your best and most of us Hog fans appreciate that and are sad it didn't work out. You've got a beautiful wife and sweet little baby girl, and that's going to give way more joy than success on the football field ever will.

Hopefully you land on your feet somewhere and find success again. Best wishes and thanks for the good times.
I could not have said this any better - best of luck to you Bret.

kid squealer

God bless Coach Bielema and his family going forward!  You are appreciated for your love of this university and student athletes.  Although clearly, this has not gone the way any of us desired, you already have handled it very maturely and with a great level of class.  Thank you for your time spent and efforts toward the U of A.  In your honor, "woo pig"!
SMITE ME JACKWAGONS!!!  I NEED TO BE THE -1 KING!!!

jfred59

Thanks Coach for everything and the class act you have been.  Best of luck!!

GO

Big Bret fan. Wish him well at his next stop. Unfortunately things just didn't happen for him here.

Rudy Baylor

Thanks Coach B

we love you man

Porkette

I feel bad, for Coach Bielema and for all of us, that it didn't work out. He did seem to try to do things the right way, and in many respects his personality fit in well here. I appreciate him coming here and taking on the challenge of the Arkansas job. All the best to him and his family.
GO HOGS GO!

RagingHawgOn

I'll be forever grateful to Coach B. And, I still believe he was on track to get it done. Unfortunately, building a great program has to be done "now" without regard to starting with a strong foundation. I'll continue to love my Hogs, financially support the program and, above all, be behind the young men and whomever is their coach. I consider this a sad day and I know we'll see Coach B succeed wherever he lands.

Oklahawg

I like how CBB was able to make an opportunity to talk to the team before they dispersed. The presser was classy.

Proud that you were my alma mater's coach. I was relieved when Bobby was fired and was willing to hold the door open for Nutt to be fired. This guy was a class act. I wish him nothing but the best.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

livevanguy

Coach B will be missed for a variety of reasons. The lack of W's brought him down, but he certainly left an impression on me of what college football could be like. Further, his personal actions in the community has, to me, made him an adopted-Arkansan. I had the pleasure of seeing him work with non-profits and children's groups and ALWAYS gave time to a kid saying hello. That's the part I will miss the most. Best of luck Coach and family.
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

kennypig

Bret Bielema - The coach I would want my son and grand son to play for.  enough said.   Thank you, Coach B.

ChemEHawg

Thank you Coach B for all your efforts at continuing to build the Razorback brand and football team. I'm sorry it hasn't worked out. You've kept the program clean, but just couldn't sustain the wins needed to stay. I wish you, your wife and baby girl the very best. You handled your final press conference with complete class. If our paths ever cross, I'll probably offer to buy the next round. Thanks again coach. It is obvious the parents and players love you and that speaks volumes.

WPS
Thanks for all the info.  Will probably stick to one of the places close to the hotel so that if I have a few too many I can stagger back.  Nothing better than your kids seeing you drunk.  I don't look at it as a bad example but rather a cautionary tale.<br /><br />-Dwight_K_Shrute<br /><br />I can't wait to have kids...

pigmania

Thanks Bret for being a class act coach! Wished it would have worked out! Best of luck to you and your family.

Smokehouse

The Texas win, the win over Texas Tech where we just held our own track meet on the field, the back-to-back shutouts, and the Hunter Heave have been some of my favorite Hog experiences. I think we were just a couple of o-lineman hitting away from this being a very different day, and I'm sad it ended up that way. Thus is the life of a coach of a school with recruiting limitations, where a few misses has cascading effects down the two-deep as you try to catch up.

I have two degrees from the U of A and work in academia now and, to me, representing the state, the university, and the student athletes with class is just as important, if not more, than the wins. I'm also sad about the way the process has been handled by the BOT so far, and will feel worse if we hire someone with some sleaze in them. I think the results meant it was time for an amicable parting of ways, but I'd take more L's before I'd trade Bret's class for another Petrino. Thanks, Bret, for giving me five years where I didn't have to worry about hearing embarrassing stories from off the field about my alma mater.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

BigK_HogHeaven

Bret represented the university well in everything he did. He was a great ambassador for us. He led with integrity and most importantly, he kept the wheels from coming off after the JLS debacle. No, he didn't win the number of games he should have, but he stabilized the program and that's a good legacy to leave. Thankful for Bret the last 5 seasons, only wish it could have ended differently. Hope he gets a TV job for a year or two, enjoys his buyout money and spends quality time with Jen and his new baby

Switchback

He rebuilt the roster for a brighter future than he inherited.  He also took the high road during a period of cheating in the SEC.  He may have lost his job but he deserves to sleep well at night.

UA1985

Thanks to you and Jen for embracing the fan base and the state. Off the field, you were everything we want in a head coach.

AirWarren

Thank you Coach B.

You were a great rep for the state. Wished it would have worked out.

Best of luck in your future and take care of those girls!!!

Hogwild

Thank you, favorite memory will be when we first met

tolerati

Thank you Coach Bielema for leading the Razorbacks with class and dignity. I wish you and your family the best in the future. May God bless you always.  Woo Pig!!
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

Sivad

Coach B - Thanks for everything you gave Arkansas.
Your players played hard for you and tonight you stood tall, with much grace and class.
I'll always be a fan of yours. Woo Pig.

ChitownHawg

While I know we both wanted more wins and we were close. I do want to say thanks for building a firm foundation for the next guy.

You are one class act and I'm positive you will bounce back stronger than ever. Good luck Coach.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ifghog

Thanks Coach B for representing AR with dignity and class. Thank you for pouring yourself into our student athletes and most of the  people of this state. Most wanted you to succeed here. Hate it didnt work out. God bless you and your family on your future endeavours. 

RexMentor

Can't add much to what's being posted. I feel the same way -- CBB displayed a ton of class in his PC. I think Lanny should print this thread, frame it and send it to CBB.