Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thank You Bret Posts

Started by PorcineSublime, November 24, 2017, 06:28:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorcineSublime

I cannot understand why those who just got what they have been begging for for over a year feel the need to be so jerkish about the way it ended.  Bret has remained classy and upbeat  until just recently when he knew he was out and got a little chippy. Yet the posters act as if he took their  milk money and took their girl to the prom. Just wondering how for we let them go?

I would like to have one thread for those who wish to show their appreciation for Bret's class and caring for our young athletes while here. Don't bother to trash the thread as any  attempts to take it off the rails will be removed.

If you don't like the thread don't read it.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

GunnerHawg70

Thanks for all the good things you've accomplished at the UofA!!! Good luck in your future endeavors!!! WooPig!!!🐗

WilsonHog

Agreed. I appreciate the way Coach Bielema represented our football program and my alma mater. I appreciate the culture he established in our program of doing things the right way, being accountable, going to class, and graduating. I wish him well in his next position, whether on the sideline or in a broadcast booth.

dmacs_wife

Thanks for all the good you brought to the UofA. I wish it would have worked and I wish you well in your next stop.

hawginbigd1

Yes thank you Bret for what you have brought in running a program with integrity and class unlike many of our fans

BearsBisonsBoars

Bret, during your tenure there was never a moment where I felt self concious wearing Hog gear in public or private.

That has not always been the case in the past. I'm sorry it didn't work out, but think you for trying to do it the right way.

HogNTX

Bret,

Thanks for your care and concern for our athletes as people more than players. You've handled the adversity of this season as well as could be expected and I wish you the best in whatever comes your way.

Mr. Porkleone

CBB is first class. He'll bounce back and wish him nothing but success

Hook 'em Hogs

Bret, thanks for your efforts to invest into these men. We're all sorry it didn't work out.  I hope the best things for you in the future and hope that this was a growth period for you personally and professionally.  I will follow the rest of your career with great interest.  I believe the wins will come for you, I'm sorry they didn't come at the UofA #WPS!

DeltaBoy

Thanks for the win over Texas cause I dearly hate the Short Horns!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbigs77

I liked Brett. Just wasn't meant to happen here. It is what it is.

dmacs_wife

Just watched his post game press conference. The man is pure class... would have been great to see him succeed here.

Occams Razorback

Happy Trails - thanks for being a good ambassador for us coach
If it makes crumbs, it's probably not good for you.

Ball Hawg

I was never a "hater" and thought that he would have us turn the corner after the first 3 years of clear improvement seen.  But starting with the A&M game last season it all began to go south really fast and for some reason he was never able to pull us out of it.

Regardless, I greatly appreciated his attitude towards the players and fans during his tenure here and the type of person he was both on and off the field.  Always high character and class throughout...even until his final presser following his dismissal.  Great guy...just didn't work out here for whatever reason.  Wish he and his family luck in his next stop.

Breems

Thanks for trying, CBB. Good luck with your new job and the baby.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Kevin

You represented the school and program well. For the most part. God bless you & your family 
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Salted Pork

Thanks, Bret. Wish you well in your future endeavors.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 24, 2017, 06:34:15 pm
Agreed. I appreciate the way Coach Bielema represented our football program and my alma mater. I appreciate the culture he established in our program of doing things the right way, being accountable, going to class, and graduating. I wish him well in his next position, whether on the sideline or in a broadcast booth.

Concur.

pigz

He was the ideal coach, minus the wins.
You guys have a good time frig dancing

ToddW

Good luck Coach B.  You were all Hog while here.
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

RD

Good man. Classy. Just in the wrong job at the wrong time.

Thank you for cleaning up what BP and JL left.

Razorbacks#1

Thank you Bret. Class act in all aspects of representing the Razorbacks! Unfortunately the wins were not there, but you were a National figure who brought RAZORBACKS to the National Stage. God Speed in your future endeavors!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

TexHog188

Best of luck coach and family. Thank you for representing the University of Arkansas with great effort and passion.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Oliver

Thank you Bret for never being a Houston Nutt type coach.

But I'm not sad at all to see you leave.  I wish you all the best.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Thanks for your efforts, Coach B! You were a class act and gave us some great games to watch:
Laying the smack down on Texas
The Hunter Heave!
Back to Back shutouts in 2014, including whooping LSU's A$$ while they drank hot chocolate in the cold.
Our first SEC win over Florida

You did your best and most of us Hog fans appreciate that and are sad it didn't work out. You've got a beautiful wife and sweet little baby girl, and that's going to give way more joy than success on the football field ever will.

Hopefully you land on your feet somewhere and find success again. Best wishes and thanks for the good times.

HamIAm

I appreciate Bret taking a chance on us.  We weren't exactly an attractive option for a coach enjoying success at a Big 10 school. He cleaned up a mess that the program had become.

Good luck where ever you land.  I'll be pulling for you (unless you're playing the Hogs).

LIVNLUVHAWGS

Bret Bielema was/is a class act...more than I can say for our BOT...they should be ashamed of the classless way they dealt with this
GO HOGS!!!

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Hogindasticks

Thanks for your work with the Student Athletes....its always an end product that you look at in the kids you helped, not the actions or opinions of the mass....Thanks Coach B!

Faithful Hog

Thank you for your passion for our players and the game of football.  Thank you for trying to establish an environment for uncommon young men.  Best wishes to you, your family, and your staff going forward.

PORKULATOR

Thanks for making the wins feel special. I knew we were doing things the way college athletics were MEANT to be done. Doing it honest and building great young men.
God bless you and yours.
Woopigs
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hawgball40

Thanks for trying Bret. that's about all I've got. Best of luck to you in you future endeavors.

trippigs

Quote from: pigz on November 24, 2017, 06:45:07 pm
He was the ideal coach, minus the wins.

This is pretty succinct and accurate....I like this position

Grag T

Quote from: anaxagoras on November 24, 2017, 06:48:27 pm
Thanks for your efforts, Coach B! You were a class act and gave us some great games to watch:
Laying the smack down on Texas
The Hunter Heave!
Back to Back shutouts in 2014, including whooping LSU's A$$ while they drank hot chocolate in the cold.
Our first SEC win over Florida

You did your best and most of us Hog fans appreciate that and are sad it didn't work out. You've got a beautiful wife and sweet little baby girl, and that's going to give way more joy than success on the football field ever will.

Hopefully you land on your feet somewhere and find success again. Best wishes and thanks for the good times.

All this.  Now enjoy time with the wife and young 'un... shouldn't be too hard with all that pile of dough as well :-)
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Letsroll1200

woo.pig

Good guy. I will root for him at his next stop.

WilsonHog

In his post-game press conference, immediately after being fired, Coach Bielema said this:

"Moving forward, I will do anything and everything to help Arkansas. Whoever they end up hiring, if they want my help I will be here."

Oliver

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 24, 2017, 07:05:49 pm
In his post-game press conference, immediately after being fired, Coach Bielema said this:

"Moving forward, I will do anything and everything to help Arkansas. Whoever they end up hiring, if they want my help I will be here."

Assuming I don't have a job elsewhere.   I wonder if he has employment lined up

WilsonHog

And, this:

"One of the things that will come out of this is I have a beautiful wife and a beautiful daughter, who will forever be born in Fayetteville, Arkansas."

BigSexyHog

I am sure he will have a new job soon enough or whenever he is ready.  Sorry it didn't work out here and best of luck to him and his family.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Hudge

I wish BB nothing but the best moving forward for him, he was a class act all the to the end and I am sure he will land on his feet somewhere soon and be successful there.

pghawg1

go hogues

Coach, you saved us having to endure watching an inferior program in Ole Miss likely win the SEC in 2015. Thank you!

Best of luck in the future to you, Jen and Briella.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

SA Hog Fan

He is a great guy. Wish it would have worked out.  It did not.

ToddW

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 24, 2017, 07:09:18 pm
And, this:

"One of the things that will come out of this is I have a beautiful wife and a beautiful daughter, who will forever be born in Fayetteville, Arkansas."

That one got me.  I choked up just a little.
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

Pig Worshipper

Coach Bielema, as you can tell from all these posts, you will have many folks from Arkansas who will miss you and wish you and your wonderful family well in the future. Godspeed and one final "Woo pig!"

Dark Helmet Hog

Brett has handled this with all class.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 24, 2017, 07:05:49 pm

How can you not like the guy??  Don't think I've ever wanted to see a coach do great here as much as I've wanted him to.  Next to Hatfield, not sure we've ever had a classier, nicer coach than Bielema.  Hope he lands on his feet and does great things.  Not sure who will take his place at the SEC meetings! 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Darren DeLoach

Rooted for the guy. Hate it just never took traction. Thanks for always remaining positive and being a father to those young men. Blessings and prayers to you and yours.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Pigsfeat

I liked Coach B and thought it was a good hire. Not sure where it all went wrong but I hated to see it end the way it did. Too many losses!
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal