Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanksgiving eve tidbits

Started by Porkatarian, November 22, 2017, 09:23:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 24, 2017, 11:58:56 am
My, my.  Haven't we been grouchy since our hero got canned?  PMS is affecting your vision.

Check out post #363 above again.  golf2day says he's 6'4" 225 with a six pack.  If you want to pick a fight don't bring a pillow with you.
Hero?? My Dad died a little over a year ago, that's the only hero I've ever had.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 24, 2017, 10:22:33 am
My wife doesn't tell me what to accept or not job wise. However I do appreciate her advisement and feelings. IF we had a chance to move to NWA and maintain our lifestyle we would do so in a heartbeat and she would love to as well.
This isn't about you. It's about the Scanlons. No one cares about your relationship with your wife as it does not have anything to do with the new AD for the U of A.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 24, 2017, 11:58:56 am
My, my.  Haven't we been grouchy since our hero got canned?  PMS is affecting your vision.

Check out post #363 above again.  golf2day says he's 6'4" 225 with a six pack.  If you want to pick a fight don't bring a pillow with you.
Haha.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ricepig on November 24, 2017, 12:06:00 pm
Hero?? My Dad died a little over a year ago, that's the only hero I've ever had.

Sorry to hear.

We lost my grandfather, our patriarch and Head Hog, a little less than two months ago.

Being the oldest man in my children's direct line was sobering when I realized it. 
This is my non-signature signature.

ricepig

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 24, 2017, 01:20:37 pm
Haha.

Haha, I was referencing your post that he had a keg belly, and Daly has one and can repeat his swing.

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on November 24, 2017, 01:25:31 pm
Haha, I was referencing your post that he had a keg belly, and Daly has one and can repeat his swing.

Then why did you quote mine?  If you quoted the wrong post, just say so. I've sure done it before. But don't get saucy with me, Bernaise.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

HawgTide

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 22, 2017, 02:33:56 pm
Sure, 1 in a million vs. 1 in 2.  1 in 2 coaches like him fail miserably (probably more like 1.5 in 2).  1 in a million becomes arguably the best college football coach ever.  You can't hire and fire based on the fact that a guy hasn't proven that he ISN'T Saban yet.

I don't understand how you are so cautious on young up and comers and all in on Kiffin. What has Kiffin ever done that makes you so sure he is the right hire here? I mean that guy has burned every bridge he has ever crossed. Huge risk/Huge reward sure but lots of baggage others don't have

Fired from the Raiders

Screwed Tennessee after 1 year

Fired from USC

Screwed Bama and Saban before playoffs last year

HawgTide

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 22, 2017, 06:26:59 pm
Tell that to Mr. Porkleone and his “how depressing” that someone would like to stay in Little Rock.  Some of us are particularly sick of that crap.  This isn’t the NWA board.  This is the “ARKANSAS Razorback” board.  It’s time to stop this NWA vs. the rest of the State crap.

Yes it is. I wish the mods would delete every post attacking another part of the state. It's so stupid. We have enough problems without this crap

oldhawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 24, 2017, 10:23:38 am
It's a gamble no matter who is hired and what their prior coaching experience is. However some gambles are bigger than others. Case in point, ND hiring Gerry Faust.

Admittedly, I would be disappointed if Arkansas hired someone directly out of high school.  Never did understand that move by ND.  Faust must have been connected somehow.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: oldhawg on November 24, 2017, 04:16:36 pm
Admittedly, I would be disappointed if Arkansas hired someone directly out of high school.  Never did understand that move by ND.  Faust must have been connected somehow.

Faust was similar to Malzahn. A legendary high school coach.

From 1962 to 1980, Faust was the head football coach at Moeller High School in Cincinnati, Ohio, where he tallied a mark of 178–23–2 and won four High School Football National Championships.   

Lady Razorback

Took a couple of day break from MMQB and I come back to find us even more testy than before. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Lady Razorback on November 24, 2017, 04:49:02 pm
Took a couple of day break from MMQB and I come back to find us even more testy than before.

Wait til they actually name a coach if you wanna see testy.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Porkatarian on November 22, 2017, 02:39:23 pm
Saturday morning

Porkatarian out...
Or 10 minutes after the game...

Any new developments?

Scanlon in play?

I think Gus is playing us.

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Porkatarian on November 22, 2017, 09:23:33 am
Looks like Scanlon will be our next AD.  If he does turn it down, the PTB will choose between Trainor or Varady. 

On to football. It's still Gus' job to turn down.  Norvell is the clear #2 at this point.   The wild card is that Mike Leach has some pretty influential people behind him and they are letting it known that he wants the job.

That's all I've got for now. 

Porkatarian out...

Woo Pig Sooie CBB is gone and better days are ahead!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HognotinMemphis

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 24, 2017, 01:19:59 pm
This isn't about you. It's about the Scanlons. No one cares about your relationship with your wife as it does not have anything to do with the new AD for the U of A.

Leave it to you to completely misunderstand the point I was making. Don't look now your arrogance is showing.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

onebadrubi

Quote from: Porkatarian on November 22, 2017, 01:46:43 pm

I would too. Especially if the previous top candidate's wife didn't want to move to northwest Arkansas.

Porkatarian out...

I've been telling you guys for days it wasn't Scanlon.  He and his wife have two little reasons and another on the way if I'm not mistaken for why they aren't leaving central Arkansas.

Captain Hogthrob

Is anyone playing dominoes in Fayetteville today?
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

1HourToHogville

bkh72

Do you feel that Gus will not accept the job now?

HF#1

How about some post thanksgiving tidbits?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

porkrindjimmy

Oliver

ChicoHog

Quote from: Oliver on November 25, 2017, 08:28:21 pm
So it's Norvell unless we are really dumb
Norvell or Kiffin are fine.  I think Norvell can recruit and I know Kiffin can recruit.  If we are really dumb we'll hire Leach. 

riccoar

Out of those two, Norvell for sure. But if Norvell is in play, so is Gus. Both got games this coming Saturday. Even if neither of those, no to Kiffin

WPS007

hview

I have no insight on who the next coach will be, but we can write off Gus. I would be shocked if he walked away from Auburn. Even if he wanted to come, he would likely feel "very" obligated to lead his team to the SEC championship and then on to the NC playoff.

The Hogfather

Really hope we are smart wnough to make the right hire.  Kiffin is ready to dominate somewhere. Might as well be at Arkansas. 

Oliver

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 25, 2017, 09:19:06 pm
Really hope we are smart wnough to make the right hire.  Kiffin is ready to dominate somewhere. Might as well be at Arkansas. 

Kiffin's dominating will end at any level higher than the Sun Belt. 

I'd prefer him over Strong or Skip Holtz but I really hope we don't fall that far.  Probably will though

RebelliousHog

If we hire Leach, we will have a bizarre combination of BP and BB. 

Leach wants to be everyone's bud (BB) with a mostly proven offensive mind (BP).

He can't or hasn't had a good defense.

If he is hired, I'll support him, but as the Gunny said on Full Metal Jacket.  "I'll be watching you"
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Jim Harris

Quote from: Oliver on November 25, 2017, 09:27:45 pm
Kiffin's dominating will end at any level higher than the Sun Belt. 

I'd prefer him over Strong or Skip Holtz but I really hope we don't fall that far.  Probably will though

Kiffin is coaching in Conference USA.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Oklahawg

Quote from: Jim Harris on November 27, 2017, 04:21:12 pm
Kiffin is coaching in Conference USA.

Its like having a built-in factcheck mechanism!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Arazorbackguy1

Can Ryan Mallett get a Scanlon?!?!
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.