Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keep your heads up...

Started by hawgonit, October 09, 2017, 02:34:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

Quote from: The NewEra on October 09, 2017, 06:39:28 pm
Lordy, I hope this isn't making any reference to Houston Nutt.

It sounds like it.

Maybe we are going to hire Kim Dameron.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Swestwill66

Hogonit is giving us hope again!  THANKS

presidenthog

I think it means gus sadly. I've heard our power players live in the past wanting butch Davis or a bunch of people our of their prime. That and they want Arkansas guys, and Gus is an arkansas guy...

moses_007

We need all the hope we can get right now.  Too many heads are down here, mine included.

swineology

Quote from: hawgonit on October 09, 2017, 02:34:13 pm
What you want to happen behind the scenes from those who love and have roots in this program is happening. The continuing downfall of the program and recent death of Coach Broyles has brought a lot of emotions and memories of what was to the surface..

Those who have roots in this program want to "get the proverbial band" back together...

Now bring back Reaganite and the show can go on!

My popcorn is popping

ur

Quote from: hobhog on October 09, 2017, 05:28:23 pm
So if that means old Arkansas connections are being pooled, I'm curious to who that would be.

Who is still active in football that has any ties to JFB? At least who that we would want.
I believe he is talking about a higher level than a HC. He is talking about getting the power of the Ath. Dept back into the hands of people with Razorback blood in them.

hoghearted

Quote from: ur on October 09, 2017, 08:23:33 pm
I believe he is talking about a higher level than a HC. He is talking about getting the power of the Ath. Dept back in the hands of people with Razorback blood in them.

that's how I took it.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

The Hawg Marshal

I believe he is talking about a higher level than a HC. He is talking about getting the power of the Ath. Dept back into the hands of people with Razorback blood in them.
This is the way I took it also.

Cambridge Hog

I believe he is talking about a higher level than a HC. He is talking about getting the power of the Ath. Dept back in the hands of people with Razorback blood in them.

please let that happen. a passionate leader who knows what this program means to the people of Arkansas and UofA grads all over the world is what is most needed.

Silver Hog

Wish Nutt hadn't run Gus and Mitch off, ruined that 2006 season.

Kevin

I thought long was negotiating a new contract for himself
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The NewEra

This I can handle.

HogPhilosophy

Jimmy Johnson coming out of retirement? One can wish

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Kevin on October 09, 2017, 08:46:07 pm
I thought long was negotiating a new contract for himself

Negotiating.

I'm sure his football hire will be brought up and conditions of the next football hire+the BB extension will be talked about extensively due to the football program being the cash cow.
This is my non-signature signature.

hawgon

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 10, 2017, 11:11:38 am
Negotiating.

I'm sure his football hire will be brought up and conditions of the next football hire+the BB extension will be talked about extensively due to the football program being the cash cow.

Like I said, many a slip twixt the cup and the lip.

GuvHog

Quote from: Silver Hog on October 09, 2017, 08:42:08 pm
Wish Nutt hadn't run Gus and Mitch off, ruined that 2006 season.

Gus wasn't as innocent as you seem to think. He had blood on his hands too but that's a subject for another thread. Ask Mike Irwin if you don't believe me.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Quote from: duckman on October 09, 2017, 03:37:39 pm
Watch Finebaum today...
Finebaum said he thinks Long is working on an extension of his contract.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: swineology on October 09, 2017, 08:17:39 pm

Now bring back Reaganite and the show can go on!

My popcorn is popping

We have already been in talks about the next banner, may have a Golden Corral tie in.

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Godfather

WPS to the end.

Porkette

Hope this is true!

And I admit I've missed posts like these. At least they bring fans a little bit of hope and excitement, both of which are absent from our current football program.
GO HOGS GO!

HognotinMemphis

Glad to know that higher ups and sick up and fed too.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

davehog

Is Butch Davis a legit option or is his age a concern?

hawgonit

Quote from: Godfather on October 09, 2017, 02:55:22 pm
Are dominos falling uphill again?

No, but the money and influence train is...

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: GuvHog on October 10, 2017, 11:16:10 am
Gus wasn't as innocent as you seem to think. He had blood on his hands too but that's a subject for another thread. Ask Mike Irwin if you don't believe me.

A little revision in history eh?  Gus was a victim, just like the players Nutt screwed over. Now, when it came time for Gus to man up and make a stand in support of said players, he wusses out. To make matters worse, Gus decides to have a kumbya moment with Hootsen  on sirius sports,  after hes hired at AU, which in essence was eqivalent to throwing everyone under the bus that stood up for him in 06. Probably one of the biggest classless moves ever by someone with a self proclaimed high moral compass.  But at the time, when Gus was OC, his hands were clean.

Simple Swineman

What you want to happen behind the scenes from those who love and have roots in this program is happening. The continuing downfall of the program and recent death of Coach Broyles has brought a lot of emotions and memories of what was to the surface..

Those who have roots in this program want to "get the proverbial band" back together...

Bump

Pecos Hog

Hope it's true.   This program desperately needs some Arkansas/Alumni leadership - some people that deeply care about our history and winning.   

hawgonit

It's not always about spreadsheets and residuals. Be ready for leadership from those who understand what it means to be a Razorback...

Be ready...

JIHawg

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 09, 2017, 02:36:00 pm
Oh you know it's real when hawgonit shows up. Get the popcorn ready.

Well written.

jjfmetal11

Quote from: hawgonit on November 15, 2017, 09:35:13 am
It's not always about spreadsheets and residuals. Be ready for leadership from those who understand what it means to be a Razorback...

Be ready...

Hell yeah!!

onebadrubi

Hawgonit is obviously very tightly connected!  Scares me personally that his past connections seem to coincide with a time that Gus was around the program.  I also just scanned his post history, and laughed when I saw that he told HiM to get in his car and go find a life, that was hilarious!!!!

Deep Shoat

Great.  The people who destroyed the program to begin with back in power...
All Gas, No Brakes!

HoggieStyle

So...which band are we getting back together?

John L and the Hot Pissers®?

Bobby and the Harley Ho Riders©?

Hootie and the Stem®?

*Snortle*

Mark_Freeman

This is the type of poster I wish to be. A freaking legend.

1highhog

Quote from: jacobp on October 09, 2017, 03:29:00 pm
Dude you are THE biggest joke in the history of Hogville, and that’s an impressive feat

Say  what?  Duckman has brought some great "assets" to Hogville that many on here will remember fondly.  Now, about Gruden as coach,,,,,

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hawgonit on October 11, 2017, 12:06:07 pm
No, but the money and influence train is...
All but 3 of only 45 posts from 2006. Amazing restraint. Wish many here had the same self-control, including myself.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hawgonit

Don't be fooled into thinking this process hasn't been calculated to the smallest degree...

Two down. The third domino is soon to follow...

HogAlum99

Quote from: hawgonit on November 24, 2017, 08:14:10 pm
Don't be fooled into thinking this process hasn't been calculated to the smallest degree...

Come on Hawgonit!!! Don't leave us hanging! Just spill it please!

HeyHogs

I'm sorry!  I have read this post each and ever coaching hire for the last 20 years.  You are not to be believed.

Paul

Quote from: hoghearted on October 09, 2017, 02:38:46 pm
It's Deja Vu, I swear.

Welcome back, hawgonit.
so...Crosby Stills Nash gettin back together?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 09, 2017, 02:39:52 pm
Serious.  If you were around in 2006 , you'll know why.

Yes him and the Godfather have both spoken!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoofer

I'd argue the first domino was Chancellor Gearhart.

Hollywood870

Quote from: HoggieStyle on November 15, 2017, 10:03:05 am
So...which band are we getting back together?

John L and the Hot Pissers®?

Bobby and the Harley Ho Riders©?

Hootie and the Stem®?

*Snortle*
The Wild Band of Razorback Hogs.

Tortfeasor

I guess I'm confused on the 3rd??? Two was good enough for me, but what position does the 3rd hold?

wildhogman

If you go back and read hawgonit's posts, its hard to figure who it is. But I don't think they are connected with the Nutt or his posses in anyway. Perhaps a Gus member. or a family member or Mustain, or close friend. I just don't have the patience to do it. but the history is there. Just have to research his post and what they refer to or respond to.  Or you'd have to been here 11 years ago during that wild time.   Thre was one post that referenced "you never know who is posting under a name and maybe hinting that more then one person posted under the same name.

SwinedMelon

@Hawgonit! Its great to be back, aint it?  #getgusonthehill
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

Tusks

Quote from: Paul on November 24, 2017, 09:06:25 pm
so...Crosby Stills Nash gettin back together?

I saw them in barnhill
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Paul