SIGNING DAY updates

Started by bighog2255, February 07, 2018, 07:32:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WoooPigSooieShane

HF#1

Quote from: UofA_Hogs on February 07, 2018, 10:24:18 am
Where did you see this?  Stop playing with my emotions

It's official
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Airforcehawg

steveaustin69

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 07, 2018, 10:03:45 am
So we pull for the SEC to get good players?  I am not sure I completely agree with this...

What's good for the SEC is good for Arkansas.

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

CSCSW

SDZ_Hog

Warrior Way 22

Any updates on Parker? He was suppose to have a ceremony at 10:00
"Warriors should suffer their pain silently."

jjdlc

Not sure the delay on Parker is a good or bad thing.  Everyone has been so certain the past few days that he is going to flip, who knows.

hawg1221

TebowHater

Quote from: jjdlc on February 07, 2018, 10:41:13 am
Not sure the delay on Parker is a good or bad thing.  Everyone has been so certain the past few days that he is going to flip, who knows.

It's good. I would guess there's a chance he would be asked to gray shirt elsewhere depending on others so waiting that out.

fullfan

I am wondering if TX is stringing Andrew Parker along waiting to see if they get someone else.   I mean if you set a signing ceremony and it changes twice...something is not going as he planned.

Smashmouth2004

Quote from: TebowHater on February 07, 2018, 10:47:58 am
It's good. I would guess there's a chance he would be asked to gray shirt elsewhere depending on others so waiting that out.
Maybe his mom stole his NLI and ran away!

imtad16

Quote from: TebowHater on February 07, 2018, 10:47:58 am

Quote from: fullfan on February 07, 2018, 10:48:44 am
I am wondering if TX is stringing Andrew Parker along waiting to see if they get someone else.   I mean if you set a signing ceremony and it changes twice...something is not going as he planned.

Maybe so, but he doesn't seem like that kind of kid that would take getting strung along.

TebowHater

Quote from: imtad16 on February 07, 2018, 10:50:46 am
Maybe so, but he doesn't seem like that kind of kid that would take getting strung along.

I think he does tbh. He talks a big talk about wanting to be appreciated but has constantly jumped at every possible step to upgrade his status. Commits to us when first SEC offer. Then going to visit TCU until Texas comes in then he jumps at them.

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Bubba's Bruisers

I buy this.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jjdlc

Yeah, I'm guessing either something like this, or he's getting pressure from family to change his mind, whichever direction he's leaning.

Sow’sEar

Not sure if this has anything to do with Parker's ceremony postponement, but his 247 timeline says Ole Miss offered him today...

Mo_Better_Hogs

azhog10

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on February 07, 2018, 10:56:14 am
Ah the good ol' days.
Where was she when we gave Bert his extension.......smh

Smashmouth2004

Quote from: Lulu Hog on February 07, 2018, 10:56:04 am
Not sure if this has anything to do with Parker's ceremony postponement, but his 247 timeline says Ole Miss offered him today...
Might be waiting to see if the check clears!

SDZ_Hog

did his twitter handle change for every rescheduled announcement time?

Kevin

great to see all these secondary players
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

imtad16

Quote from: Lulu Hog on February 07, 2018, 10:56:04 am

They actually offered yesterday, but when Ole Miss comes in late like that and there is delayed announcement drama it does kind of make you wonder what dirty tricks they are trying.

onebadrubi

Quote from: imtad16 on February 07, 2018, 11:01:34 am
They actually offered yesterday, but when Ole Miss comes in late like that and there is delayed announcement drama it does kind of make you wonder what dirty tricks they are trying.

Isn't this the kid that tweeted out how he wanted to be wanted, not just depth?  Well, doesn't last minute offers scream scrambling for any and everything? You really have to wonder sometimes

WoooPigSooieShane

https://twitter.com/KXNGDRXW__/status/961283999745429504

Signing on Feb. 7 at 9 AM‏
@KXNGDRXW__
Follow Follow @KXNGDRXW__
More
I'm an Arkansas RAZORBACK!

11:02 AM - 7 Feb 2018 from New Orleans, LA

Woah!

imtad16

oldman1015

Quote from: imtad16 on February 07, 2018, 11:01:34 am
I'm $ure thi$ I$ ju$t a rumour.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

jjdlc

Texas shows to have signed 27, I know they don't have the same 25 limit the SEC does, but there are still limits to how many they can sign.  Really does make you wonder if they are trying to grey shirt him.

rljjr

Parker just picked the Hogs according to his twitter.

hawginbigd1

This kid has really had about 3 weeks to figure all this out and really the goal post has been moving the whole time, I wish he hadn't committed to us if he wasn't sure, but I can understand it.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 07, 2018, 11:04:58 am
This kid has really had about 3 weeks to figure all this out and really the goal post has been moving the whole time, I wish he hadn't committed to us if he wasn't sure, but I can understand it.
;D ok forget I said this WPS!

Airforcehawg

SDZ_Hog

I think ill wait for the loi for this one (but a bit giddy at same time)

jjdlc

Nice, now, land Brule, and all the Debbie Downers can move on to other things.

rljjr

On to Brule'. Hoping for him.

imtad16

Quote from: rljjr on February 07, 2018, 11:03:50 am
Parker just picked the Hogs according to his twitter.

This one feels good. Pleasant surprise. Love when crystal ball picks are wrong and we get the signature. WPS!

jgphillips3

We are getting quality athletes.  I don't care what anyone thinks about this class.  On short notice and with a change in styles, this is a great job by this staff.  Now let's see what they can do with a full year.

Oklahawg

Quote from: imtad16 on February 07, 2018, 11:08:32 am
This one feels good. Pleasant surprise. Love when crystal ball picks are wrong and we get the signature. WPS!

Notice in his pic it looks like his left hand is doing the horn's down thingy!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Smashmouth2004

I wasn't expecting Parker so getting him makes me feel better about this class. If we can close the deal  on a couple others then this will be a great day!

Kevin

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 07, 2018, 11:09:02 am
We are getting quality athletes.  I don't care what anyone thinks about this class.  On short notice and with a change in styles, this is a great job by this staff.  Now let's see what they can do with a full year.

this
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

hawginbigd1

If you had to pick 1 Brule or Gerald to finish, who is it? I can't decide

Airforcehawg

Gerald...you cant pass up an elite pass rusher. Getting pressure on the QB sets the tone for a defense.

RazorbackDJT

Why is Gerald signing on Friday?

Kevin

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 07, 2018, 11:12:20 am
If you had to pick 1 Brule or Gerald to finish, who is it? I can't decide

how many years does Gerald have

Hawgzinbowlz

hawginbigd1

SDZ_Hog

It's been a couple of signing days since we won some recruiting battles on the actual signing day hasn't it?