Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I expect Boyd to be next

Started by Snout team, January 21, 2018, 03:51:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snout team

That would make 3 from the weekend
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Deuce Pigelow

I dont know why, but i just have a good feeling about that as well

ricepig

He's already given an interview in which he states he is going to take his other visits, but you could be correct.

Bubba's Bruisers

He looks like an excellent option at RB.  Hope we snag him.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Flrazrback

Certainly would be a big boost. Getting 3 of our top prospects to commit filling out some of our needs.

hawginbigd1

So let's just speculate:
Boyd
Brule
Wilson
Mason
Goodrich
Gatling
Alexander
Parker

That looks like we are done, no room for Johnson, Foucha, Strong, and others.

tophawg19

Rogers scholarship can be filled and I think Hedlend was on one too
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Snout team

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 21, 2018, 04:01:06 pm
So let's just speculate:
Boyd
Brule
Wilson
Mason
Goodrich
Gatling
Alexander
Parker

I'm really hoping for Foucha but unfortunately I think he goes to Auburn
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 21, 2018, 04:04:19 pm
Rogers scholarship can be filled and I think Hedlend was on one too

These two commits put us over the 85 if they and Gatlin sign. We have to have guys continue to leave in order to sign more. We're going to sign more, how many is the question.

codeHog

Sumlin beats us for him one time so must be aware of that

RockyMtnHog

So let's just speculate:
Boyd
Brule
Wilson
Mason
Goodrich
Gatling
Alexander
Parker

The coaches will make room for who they want.  They always do.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Erockster20

Not questioning his ability...but explain why we need a juco RB. We have Whaley, Hayden, Hammonds, Maleek and all juniors or less. An OL, LB yes. But RB?  I don't get it.

lookawayquick

Is Gooden out?  Outside of Gatlin, any other OL we expect to sign that haven't already committed?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Erockster20 on January 21, 2018, 04:15:23 pm
Not questioning his ability...but explain why we need a juco RB. We have Whaley, Hayden, Hammonds, Maleek and all juniors or less. An OL, LB yes. But RB?  I don't get it.

It's probably a close call, but RB's are injury prone.  And maybe some of our RB's aren't CM's type.  And I'm thinking Boyd has 3 years of eligibility left.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

ricepig

Quote from: lookawayquick on January 21, 2018, 04:18:07 pm
Is Gooden out?  Outside of Gatlin, any other OL we expect to sign that haven't already committed?

They still want the Winkel kid from Memphis, and have talked with an OG from AZ JUCO.

hawginbigd1

Completely a guess, but I am guessing it's his ability mostly, I am of the same opinion from a roster standpoint it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to take a Juco RB. A Freshman RB I can see, but a Sophomore or Junior doesn't make a lot of sense.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 04:18:29 pm
It's probably a close call, but RB's are injury prone.  And maybe some of our RB's aren't CM's type.  And I'm thinking Boyd has 3 years of eligibility left.

Yeah, he's 3 to play 3, and we need another RB. I've heard Barkley has been moved to RB.

lookawayquick

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on January 21, 2018, 04:25:50 pm
Yeah, he's 3 to play 3, and we need another RB. I've heard Barkley has been moved to RB.

Sure, we need a RB every year, but we really need SEC caliber OL this year.  Don't know if we'll get any, but we need 'em.

ricepig

King Kong

If Boyd wants to be a Razorback he should decide soon. I imagine they take the first RB to commit

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: King Kong on January 21, 2018, 04:43:10 pm
If Boyd wants to be a Razorback he should decide soon. I imagine they take the first RB to commit

Who's the other RB we're after?

King Kong

ricepig

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on January 21, 2018, 04:49:21 pm
St. Julien, Strong, and Prince.

Quote from: King Kong on January 21, 2018, 04:49:02 pm
Charles Strong

Haven't heard about Strong or St. Julien.  Figured Prince was definitely a backup to Boyd.

lookawayquick

Ricepig - what's the assessment of Winkle?  Chances of landing him?  Is E Gooden out?

imtad16

So let's just speculate:
Boyd
Brule
Wilson
Mason
Goodrich
Gatling
Alexander
Parker

I think they would take Miles Battle. Both Morris and Craddock have talked about the importance big receivers. Battle is visiting the final weekend and is a 6'4 4 star.

https://247sports.com/player/miles-battle-87226

TexHog188

Did I read also that Isaac Stoops (yes son of Bob) might be a Preferred Walk-on?  Down to OU and ARK.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

ricepig

Quote from: lookawayquick on January 21, 2018, 04:58:59 pm
Ricepig - what's the assessment of Winkle?  Chances of landing him?  Is E Gooden out?

Assesment?? As far as chances, I'd say no better than 50/50 at best. He got a Tennessee offer last week and his family is Vol fans. They moved to Memphis from Knoxville two years ago. He went to Starkville this weekend and is scheduled for us next weekend. I assume UT the last.

From everything I read, they have moved on from Gooden.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on January 21, 2018, 05:04:51 pm
Assesment?? As far as chances, I'd say no better than 50/50 at best. He got a Tennessee offer last week and his family is Vol fans. They moved to Memphis from Knoxville two years ago. He went to Starkville this weekend and is scheduled for us next weekend. I assume UT the last.

From everything I read, they have moved on from Gooden.

Who's they?  We've moved on from Gooden or Tenner has?

lookawayquick

Is Gasaway a fall back if Winkle chooses Tenner?  Gassaway SEC caliber?  Prefer in state guys if they are talented enough to cut it in SEC.  Hog heart and pride.

Snout team

ricepig

SooieGeneris

Quote from: lookawayquick on January 21, 2018, 05:14:08 pm
Is Gasaway a fall back if Winkle chooses Tenner?  Gassaway SEC caliber?  Prefer in state guys if they are talented enough to cut it in SEC.  Hog heart and pride.

That would be my guess, strictly a guess. I haven't read or heard any other names for OL. Winkel doesn't seem that interested from afar.

Gasaway looks like he can move his feet and he is tall with long arms, but these coaches evaluate players for a living, I don't. According to his twitter page and 24/7, he is pretty much a lock if we offer.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

opineonswine

Quote from: TexHog188 on January 21, 2018, 05:04:32 pm
Did I read also that Isaac Stoops (yes son of Bob) might be a Preferred Walk-on?  Down to OU and ARK.

Be totally shocked if he doesn't go to OU.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 21, 2018, 05:32:12 pm
That would be my guess, strictly a guess. I haven't read or heard any other names for OL. Winkel doesn't seem that interested from afar.

Gasaway looks like he can move his feet and he is tall with long arms, but these coaches evaluate players for a living, I don't. According to his twitter page and 24/7, he is pretty much a lock if we offer.

If he's an instate OL who still doesn't have an offer this late in the process, then that's pretty telling.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 05:54:17 pm
If he's an instate OL who still doesn't have an offer this late in the process, then that's pretty telling.

He got injuried at one point

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 21, 2018, 06:25:53 pm

If he's truly SEC caliber, then no matter.  Unless the injury is such that it may limit his college potential.  Odds are he's simply not a plan A or B guy at OT.

King Kong

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 06:28:50 pm
If he's truly SEC caliber, then no matter.  Unless the injury is such that it may limit his college potential.  Odds are he's simply not a plan A or B guy at OT.

Isn't the only way to show if you are SEC Caliber is by playing?

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 21, 2018, 06:25:53 pm

I thought that was the LH lineman, I didn't know he was injured. Now, some people that saw the OL/DL camp we had said he was as good as the two offered. He's underweight, but nothing wrong with a redshirt year.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: King Kong on January 21, 2018, 07:16:01 pm
Isn't the only way to show if you are SEC Caliber is by playing?

Well, sure, but if he hasn't played, then why would we even be looking at him?

I'm playing the odds.  We're a program that has swung and missed in OL recruiting the last couple cycles...at least numbers wise.  Now, we have limited scholarships available with only 1 OL signed and only 1 other committed.  In late January.  If he still can't get an offer at this point, then I'm going to assume, yes assume, he's down our the list.  Way down our list.  Absent some other unique explanation, or that we have a super secret stud in waiting, it's pretty much common sense. 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on January 21, 2018, 04:12:36 pm
The coaches will make room for who they want.  They always do.

Yeah,  not sure how many we sign.. it could be many more than first speculated... coaches want their kids.. my guess at least 4 or 5 more leave, maybe more... and we'll sign 11-12 if the kids want to commit.

cc

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 21, 2018, 05:32:12 pm

Staff was down to see him Friday.  I haven't talked to him about how the visit went.

jm

Quote from: opineonswine on January 21, 2018, 05:51:34 pm
Be totally shocked if he doesn't go to OU.

You are probably right, but I always wonder if the pressure is just too much in these situations. If he is successful or plays ahead of someone else, it is because of family ties much like the Allen boys at Arkansas. If he is not successful, he is only on the team because of family ties and only taking up space. He would probably be better served to find his way somewhere else. 

SemperHawg

I would look for either Hammonds of Hayden or both to come off of the full time RB depth chart and move more into a hybrid flex type of position think Pearcy Harvin or DeAnthony Thomas type of back.  This would then leave us in a spot where he might want one more every down back on the roster in case of injury.

aloha_kid

Quote from: lookawayquick on January 21, 2018, 04:26:14 pm
Winkle more than Gassaway?

Gassaway doesn't show an offer on 247.  So, apparently.

Paul

Hope we get Boyd but his comments were somewhat tepid

Snout team

I was wrong. It was Mason.  I had been told we would have 3 from the weekend.  My guess was wrong about who the third would be.  Mason is a great pick up.

WPS!!

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: #hammerdown on January 22, 2018, 01:12:49 pm
I was wrong. It was Mason.  I had been told we would have 3 from the weekend.  My guess was wrong about who the third would be.  Mason is a great pick up.

WPS!!
He was 4th! Welcome Boyd!