Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mecklenburg judge issues order for the arrest of Ric Flair

Started by jbcarol, July 17, 2013, 10:16:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

The Nature Boy was held in contempt earlier this month for not paying his estranged wife more than $32,000 in spousal support.

Flair, one of Charlotte's best known celebrities whose given name is Richard Fliehr, was ordered to pay $4,000 a month to Jacqueline Beems, who filed for a legal separation last summer. The money was intended to go for her car payment, health insurance and legal fees. But following at least two court orders, Flair didn't pay $32,352.51. The order for arrest was issued on July 3, but the wrestler can avoid jail time if he pays what he owes, according to court documents.

Flair told the Observer Tuesday night that he planned to pay Beems on Wednesday.

"The reason I didn't pay my ex-wife the 32 grand is because my son died and I was in the hospital for a month," Flair said. "I was in the hospital for a month with a blood clot. I didn't go to work for three months."

On Tuesday, Beems turned herself in to authorities and was charged with making a harassing phone call, a misdemeanor. She's accused of making a series of phone calls to Wendy Barlow Kidder, Flair's girlfriend. Beems was released on a $500 unsecured bond.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/07/16/4168998/judge-orders-ric-flairs-arrest.html

Beems' attorney thinks charges against his client are outrageous, egregious, preposterous...

Flair's clothes cost more than the attorney's house.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net