Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tanner McCalister commits!

Started by Tsarcasm, June 05, 2017, 11:45:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsarcasm

3 star Cornerback, Running Back picking up lots of Arkansas Crystal Ball Predictions
http://247sports.com/Player/Tanner-McCalister-84058
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

Paul

"Big news coming to today"?

The_Boot_stops_here

Would move us up to #29 in the 24/7 composite rankings fwiw...

Arkiebarkie

Scout & ESPN has him as a 4*.  What ever he is, his video is impressive! WPS

HardingHog

Woo Pig!! Welcome to the Razorbacks, Mr. McCalister!  :razorback:

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

King Kong

Hogfan46

Very nice addition. #50 overall player in Texas.

Bubba's Bruisers

Good looking prospect. 

That's now 3 DB's out of 7 commits.  Given it's supposedly going to be a small class, wonder how this affects Bishop.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on June 05, 2017, 05:52:35 pm
Good looking prospect. 

That's now 3 DB's out of 7 commits.  Given it's supposedly going to be a small class, wonder how this affects Bishop.

They'll take Bishop, they won't go back on an in-state offer. It probably means Ken Montgomery is looking elsewhere, and not as interested in us as his recruiting has blown up since last fall.

Wildhog

Crazy how we make a big time hire like Rhoads, and immediately start raking in great DB classes.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

nwahogfan1

Rhoads and the new defensive coaches are hitting it out of the park in recruiting.  Now we need a couple stud DLM. 

BigSexyHog

Very nice...... Welcome to the hogs!!!!
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

sickboy

I like this kid. Good pick up!

ChicoHog

If you can get corners who "man up" like Bama does it makes a huge difference in your defense.  Allows you to blitz and take more chances on D when you know your CBs won't get burned.  We have only Pulley who can do that now but maybe some of the newcomers in the fall will develop into that type of player. 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: ChicoHog on June 05, 2017, 08:22:33 pm
If you can get corners who "man up" like Bama does it makes a huge difference in your defense.  Allows you to blitz and take more chances on D when you know your CBs won't get burned.  We have only Pulley who can do that now but maybe some of the newcomers in the fall will develop into that type of player.

I agree. If we land great corners we can turn the others on defense loose to take more chances and hopefully more negative plays.

Paul

Nasty disposition on hudl!  I knew he'd luv the anthracite

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Hawgzinbowlz

Welcome to The Razorbacks Mr. Tanner McCalister.

" GO HOGS "

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Paul on June 05, 2017, 08:44:50 pm
Nasty disposition on hudl!  I knew he'd luv the anthracite
indeed. http://www.hudl.com/profile/4129553/tanner-mccalister

0:20 how long have we been waiting for a play like THAT>?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

SamBuckhart

WOOO PIG, MR. McCALISTER.   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

hawgmasta

Dang. I'm liking all these DB commits!

King Kong

Reggie Mitchell is a major improvement over our last 2 RB coaches in recruiting

311Hog

loved seeing this kids commitment come across the ESPN ticker banner.

Artex501

WPS! This guy wants to hit you hard!

Paul

Looks like a 2 way playa

TheRazorback500

Good to hear. Woo pig!

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 05, 2017, 10:59:02 pm
indeed. http://www.hudl.com/profile/4129553/tanner-mccalister

0:20 how long have we been waiting for a play like THAT>?
Strip, scoop and score! WooPig!! :razorback:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on June 06, 2017, 03:55:34 pm
Strip, scoop and score! WooPig!! :razorback:
and looking back at the ball made it all happen. Also, how he just tossed his man out of the way to then do all that. Just an amazing play!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

presidenthog

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2693860.amp.html

QuoteMcCalister will need to continue working on his top-end speed while keeping his bulk if he hopes to succeed at the next level.ESPN.com measured his 40 time at 4.96 seconds, which won't get the job done against elite talents in the SEC.

I hope this is incorrect.

MemphisBossHog

apparently he picked us over Notre Dame and TCU among others. 

PorkSoda

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 06, 2017, 05:28:41 pm
No way a 4 star CB runs a 4.96.
should have timed him before the catfish hole instead of after.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

presidenthog

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 06, 2017, 05:28:41 pm
No way a 4 star CB runs a 4.96.

That is like a slow nfl linemen. So surely this is an oversight or something. If it's true, we are not learning from past mistakes of not recruiting speed.

ricepig

Quote from: presidenthog on June 06, 2017, 07:16:15 pm
That is like a slow nfl linemen. So surely this is an oversight or something. If it's true, we are not learning from past mistakes of not recruiting speed.

Do you seriously think we've signed a DB with 4.8 speed or worse in the past 10 years?