Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Herb big part of recruiting

Started by hawginbigd1, May 21, 2017, 02:20:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawginbigd1

Good article, I am guessing the 2 un-named players, Tretola and Reed. The last one speaks volumes.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/may/21/there-s-no-escaping-herbert-s-grasp-201/

Pig in the Pokey

i think the first one is AJ Derby-"One illustration shows a former Razorback who added 43 pounds of mass to his frame. He ended up getting drafter and is on an NFL roster. The weight is added in two main areas."
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 21, 2017, 06:07:35 pm
i think the first one is AJ Derby-"One illustration shows a former Razorback who added 43 pounds of mass to his frame. He ended up getting drafter and is on an NFL roster. The weight is added in two main areas."

I was thinking it was Sprinkle. The other 2 examples in the article are rather obvious

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 21, 2017, 07:10:58 pm
I was thinking it was Sprinkle. The other 2 examples in the article are rather obvious
could be. but Derby was a Qb turned TE and his body by herb pic was beast.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

supersaint

Played with some guys who went through the motions their entire careers, then suddenly found work ethics right before the draft.  Shame.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

onebadrubi

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 21, 2017, 07:10:58 pm

Was sprinkle a herb recruit?  It ink he was here when this staff got here?  Which in my mind means it isn't sprinkle in context of that article

King Kong

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 21, 2017, 09:53:31 pm
Was sprinkle a herb recruit?  It ink he was here when this staff got here?  Which in my mind means it isn't sprinkle in context of that article

The article just said one former Razorback that gained 43 lbs under Herb.

It said nothing about if that player was or wasn't already on campus when he arrived

tusksincolorado

May 22, 2017, 08:39:32 am #7 Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:54:19 am by tusksincolorado
I think Coach Herb. is CBB's "enforcer" and "watch dog"....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

onebadrubi

Quote from: King Kong on May 22, 2017, 06:40:38 am

It said nothing about if that player was or wasn't already on campus when he arrived

Yes, but the theme of the article is Herb under recruiting.  But could definitely be viewed and interpreted either way. 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: King Kong on May 22, 2017, 06:40:38 am

I am OK with the right kind of weight gain but I want to see us get more flexible, faster and athletic.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 22, 2017, 02:19:24 pm
I am OK with the right kind of weight gain but I want to see us get more flexible, faster and athletic.
You recruit speed and athleticism. A S&C program can't make a huge impact on those areas.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Hook 'em Hogs

nwahogfan1

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on May 23, 2017, 12:45:40 am
You recruit speed and athleticism. A S&C program can't make a huge impact on those areas.

Maybe not get a whole lot faster in College but the wrong type of weight training and gain can make you much slower and less flexible.  That is what I am afraid of. 

Peter Porker

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 23, 2017, 07:31:49 pm
Maybe not get a whole lot faster in College but the wrong type of weight training and gain can make you much slower and less flexible.  That is what I am afraid of.

Herb is probably trying to do that. I thought I read where he wanted our guys to be slower and less flexible or he just doesn't know enough about the subject to avoid getting slower and less flexible. Both options make the same amount of sense...
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Peter Porker on May 25, 2017, 10:22:21 am
Herb is probably trying to do that. I thought I read where he wanted our guys to be slower and less flexible or he just doesn't know enough about the subject to avoid getting slower and less flexible. Both options make the same amount of sense...

No body said he was trying DA. I am saying some of our players are playing too stiff and all I see on here is how strong we are.  Strong means nothing if you can not catch them.  Do you watch any games?  How about those games like Auburn who lite us up for 50+.

Peter Porker

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 25, 2017, 01:37:02 pm
No body said he was trying DA. I am saying some of our players are playing too stiff and all I see on here is how strong we are.  Strong means nothing if you can not catch them.  Do you watch any games?  How about those games like Auburn who lite us up for 50+.

I saw the games in which we dominated Florida, Ole Miss, beat Auburn, etc. Yea, I watch games.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.