Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is it just me?

Started by oldman1015, February 12, 2018, 11:05:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

oldman1015

I've paid very close attention to the West coast shippers. Most have Maldonado on them and I have not been impressed with him at all. He seems to go as fast as he can as long as they can no matter how wide he has to go to pass other horses. All of which works well until the stretch.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Russ22

From what can gather, early speed is just about the only thing that matters out in California.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

holeinthewall

Quote from: oldman1015 on February 12, 2018, 11:05:03 am
I've paid very close attention to the West coast shippers. Most have Maldonado on them and I have not been impressed with him at all. He seems to go as fast as he can as long as they can no matter how wide he has to go to pass other horses. All of which works well until the stretch.

And don't forget their speed figures are usually well above the horses that have been running in the Midwest which leave them as bad favorites.  I was curious how they would do here as well with the trainers coming in.  Don't forget Oaklawn has often been a speed favoring track.  But this year in Sprints coming from just off the early pace seems to be best or even deep closers.   The horses winning on the front have been clearly the best and  the few I have seen have been first timers that get a good trip on the outside of the track and pull clear on the corner.

userpick

Speed has done very poorly this year at Oaklawn. That said, he did win the feature yesterday on a speed horse. But in general, I haven't been a fan of him or David Cohen.

oldman1015

Quote from: userpick on February 12, 2018, 12:11:23 pm
Speed has done very poorly this year at Oaklawn. That said, he did win the feature yesterday on a speed horse. But in general, I haven't been a fan of him or David Cohen.
Speed is one thing but running 21's at Oaklawn is another. Way too fast early.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

HawgFan70

I thought Cohen was good the first couple weeks. He must gave been exercising horses at Oaklawn for a while and got some live mounts. I don't think Diodoro's string is particularly good he is winning but not like I've seen him do. I think the most overlooked Jockey at Oaklawn is Rodney Prescott I love him on a closer I hope he sticks around the entire meet. Oaklawn is definitely playing different than normal usually when the weather starts warming speed holds and the inside gets really fast. I hit 2 winners Saturday was so aggravated but turned it around and hit 6 Sunday horse racing a fickle game.
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids