Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UA-asu game an issue in the Governors race?

Started by NEAHAWG, May 10, 2006, 09:34:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperHog

As a hog fan living in Jonesboro, I say  sign a two year deal...both games on the hill.  Then let the beatdown commence.  Can't televise it because it would merit a TVM rating.  After two 60-0 ish shutouts, maybe...just maybe these injun nazis would shut up and finally bury this dead horse that continues to be beaten.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

g.lynn

I attended ASU for a couple of years.  The answer to ASU's problem is steroids.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

There is nothing wrong with the Hogs, that cannot be cured by what is right with the Hogs!

hogfan064

Quote from: SuperHog on May 11, 2006, 08:49:39 am
As a hog fan living in Jonesboro, I say  sign a two year deal...both games on the hill.  Then let the beatdown commence.  Can't televise it because it would merit a TVM rating.  After two 60-0 ish shutouts, maybe...just maybe these injun nazis would shut up and finally bury this dead horse that continues to be beaten.

No they wouldn't shut up.  They would find something good in a 60-0 loss.  They would say something like. Yeah we lost 60-0, but if not for those turnovers the score would've been 45-21 and we would've only lost by 24. 

SuperHog

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 11, 2006, 08:53:11 am

No they wouldn't shut up.  They would find something good in a 60-0 loss.  They would say something like. Yeah we lost 60-0, but if not for those turnovers the score would've been 45-21 and we would've only lost by 24. 

excellent point.  After all we are talking about fans who thought the 63-7 drumming they got from Va Tech a few years back was actually "closer than the score indicated".  FWIW-I actually overheard this from some injun nazis after the game.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

hogfan064

Quote from: SuperHog on May 11, 2006, 08:59:34 am

excellent point.  After all we are talking about fans who thought the 63-7 drumming they got from Va Tech a few years back was actually "closer than the score indicated".  FWIW-I actually overheard this from some injun nazis after the game.

That's just sad.  When your program finds moral victory in a 56 point loss you know you have a long ways to go. Thing is VT could've beat them worse than that. 

SuperHog

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 11, 2006, 09:02:37 am
Quote from: SuperHog on May 11, 2006, 08:59:34 am

That's just sad.  When your program finds moral victory in a 56 point loss you know you have a long ways to go. Thing is VT could've beat them worse than that. 

Long story short-I was at this game...not because I wanted to be, but because my job at the time required it.  Va Tech started fair catching EVERY punt before halftime.  By the middle of the 3rd quarter, they were on their 4th string of offense and defense...but yet the game was closer than the score indicated.

pork and mindy

U of A is hardly digging a hole in enrollment, friend. UA's enrollment is the highest it's ever been, and it is and will always be this state's flagship institution. They are not growing at the pace UCA is, but it's easier to grow faster when you are that far behind. The U of A has targetted enrollment as one of their major goals, and it will be up over 20,000 students soon.

ASU is terrible. They don't deserve to come play us on the Hill.

LZH

I remember in the Danny Ford days having a conversation with Orville Henry about this.  I thought playing ASU was a decent idea.  At least it was better than getting smoked by SMU every year.  He didn't speak to me again.  

What's the big deal?  Recruiting?  If we play them, do we really think that they will start taking the best players in AR?  I went to football camp there back when they were 'good'.  Please.

pork and mindy

We have zero to gain from that game. The only way the Hogs live up to their expectations is to win every single time. Anything less than that is a loss. And correct me if i'm wrong, but it was a situation like this that legitimized Miss. State when Ole Miss began to play them and eventually lose to them. The last thing we need is for people in the rest of the state to think that ASU is a real university...

hogfan064

Quote from: pork and mindy on May 11, 2006, 09:34:25 am
We have zero to gain from that game. The only way the Hogs live up to their expectations is to win every single time. Anything less than that is a loss. And correct me if i'm wrong, but it was a situation like this that legitimized Miss. State when Ole Miss began to play them and eventually lose to them. The last thing we need is for people in the rest of the state to think that ASU is a real university...

I agree the Hogs have zero to gain, but do we have anything to gain from playing ULM?  The game would sell more tickets than Arkansas-SMS in Fayetteville.  True we could lose to them, but we could also lose to Utah State.  ASU-Arkansas would be fun IMO

nwarazfan

Quote from: LEDZEPHOG on May 11, 2006, 09:29:27 am
I remember in the Danny Ford days having a conversation with Orville Henry about this.  I thought playing ASU was a decent idea.  At least it was better than getting smoked by SMU every year.  He didn't speak to me again.  

What's the big deal?  Recruiting?  If we play them, do we really think that they will start taking the best players in AR?  I went to football camp there back when they were 'good'.  Please.

$$$$$$$$$ more than recruiting.  State has not only not been big enough population-wise to divide players but also was too poor to divide money.  Legitimizing another D1 program and playing them with nothing to gain carried the risk of dividing up the financial backing.  IMO, ASU is the one that will lose out if fans are forced to choose sides now.  I'm still aware of many, many people who give to both including family members who went to ASU.  Most would choose the Hogs.  The UA now has some security with the financial growth of NW Ark.  ASU cannot afford for to lose any financial backing.   

Even if we were to play them, our recruiting wouldn't suffer to ASU.  East Ark kids good enough to play for the Hogs but didn't want to would still have SEC schools like Ole Miss, Tenn, Bama as close to home options or maybe Memphis before they would choose ASU.  The few kids ASU has gotten who the Hogs recruited went to ASU mainly due to some academic reason. 

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 10, 2006, 11:55:33 pm
Quote from: nwarazfan on May 10, 2006, 11:42:27 pm

Again, ASU needs to worry about UCA.

UCA?  They are barely 1AA in football right now.  They wont even count as a win for ASU untill they fill every scholarship, which will take a few years.  and even then, they are 1AA.  We dont have to play them.
You got that right.  You would have to actually beat them for that to happen.

10thPlanet

Play them, beat them and keep all the money in the State.
Irwin can't jump a 20 foot ditch!

jabohog

Quote from: NEAHAWG on May 11, 2006, 07:09:22 am
Started this thread to highlight the thought by some of the ASU people that one of the candidates for Governor has very strong ties with BurialGrounds and posts on that board just like most of the ones that would sell their children into bondage for a game with UA or UA as they call it.  M.B. has the same feelings about us as the real crazies on that board.  Just remember that asu put 10,000 fans into a womens NIT game with our ladybacks and they were beside themselves posting the pissing on the hog picture with a member of the Independence Bowl participating which is now in the thread that was linked.

ALSO REMEBER THAT WE IN ARKANSAS ARE TERM LIMITED FOR THE GOVERNORS OFFICE.
Appreciate the info. I don't care if we play them or not but it doesn't need to be a political point. Neither does focusing on one section of the state. I get the feeling that you are not a fan of MB, who is your candidate?

WILL CLINTON

I kind of think, tho, that texas fans do think about us the way we think about ASU as a team.  Yeah, our conference is better than theirs, but they will always look at us as an inferior team the way that we do ASU.  Now, I am not saying that is right.  Im not saying they are even close in comparison, but I DO think texas fans think like that.  Just like the Indian fans who think they could play with us, they are freaking idiots. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Kicking Wing

You guys crack me up.  This is NOT a political issue.  It also isn't that big of a deal.  I know pretty much evry hardocre ASU fan and I almost never hear anyone say we would beat you guys in football.  It would be a better game than most of you seem to think.  It's closer to Memphis vs. Tenn than UA vs. Texas.

It's not like anyone is in a position to cast stones these days.  ASU MIGHT when in football once every ten years, but who cares?  I would rather play you guys than Ole Miss, Auburn, etc. and I don't see why anyone would rather play ULM than ASU.

nwarazfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 11, 2006, 09:39:19 am

I agree the Hogs have zero to gain, but do we have anything to gain from playing ULM?  The game would sell more tickets than Arkansas-SMS in Fayetteville.  True we could lose to them, but we could also lose to Utah State.  ASU-Arkansas would be fun IMO

Again, ASU doesn't deserve the courtesy or respect of a game.  In the 80s when ASU was good and would have given the Hogs good competition, ASU fans started those ridiculous bumper stickers :How Long Will the Hogs Run?" and tried goading Frank into a game.  It was a good time for ASU to do that as far as a competitive level but still way too early as far as the economic status of our state.  No way Frank was going to risk his support at that time.  If ASU could have maintained that level and became a Marshall or So Miss and if they could have shown restraint and class, now may would be a good time to try and enter talks about starting something with the Hogs. 

But for decades now they have a small core faction that has shown nothing but classless public hatred for the UA while their own program has gone into serious decline.  ASU needs to build on last year's success, shutup about the UA, beat back UCA and maybe down the road a series will be worthy of discussing.  For now, Ok St has expressed interest in playing Ark and we should pursue that if the Texas series ends up being only 2 years. 

Vote for Asa!

hogfan064

Quote from: dubyacee on May 11, 2006, 09:50:26 am
I kind of think, tho, that texas fans do think about us the way we think about ASU as a team.  Yeah, our conference is better than theirs, but they will always look at us as an inferior team the way that we do ASU.  Now, I am not saying that is right.  Im not saying they are even close in comparison, but I DO think texas fans think like that.  Just like the Indian fans who think they could play with us, they are freaking idiots. 

Texas fans look at us like we look at Ole Miss.   I'd say the way Texas would view North Texas is how we view ASU

nwarazfan

Quote from: Kicking Wing on May 11, 2006, 09:51:30 am
You guys crack me up.  This is NOT a political issue.  It also isn't that big of a deal.  I know pretty much evry hardocre ASU fan and I almost never hear anyone say we would beat you guys in football.  It would be a better game than most of you seem to think.  It's closer to Memphis vs. Tenn than UA vs. Texas.

It's not like anyone is in a position to cast stones these days.  ASU MIGHT when in football once every ten years, but who cares?  I would rather play you guys than Ole Miss, Auburn, etc. and I don't see why anyone would rather play ULM than ASU.

I don't recall anyone but ASU-backing politicians ever bringing this subject up in our Capitol.  ASU is the one who has tried over the years to make it political.  Don't come here with your this is not a political issue nonsense.  And when was the last time Memphis beat Tenn 3 out of 4 times and beat them by double figures in Knoxville and embarrassed them in a New Year's Day bowl?  This is just stupidity.  Again, build on last year, get your program back to respectable like the 80s, beat back UCA and then come back to us.

hogfan064

Quote from: nwarazfan on May 11, 2006, 09:54:16 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 11, 2006, 09:39:19 am

Again, ASU doesn't deserve the courtesy or respect of a game.  In the 80s when ASU was good and would have given the Hogs good competition, ASU fans started those ridiculous bumper stickers :How Long Will the Hogs Run?" and tried goading Frank into a game.  It was a good time for ASU to do that as far as a competitive level but still way too early as far as the economic status of our state.  No way Frank was going to risk his support at that time.  If ASU could have maintained that level and became a Marshall or So Miss and if they could have shown restraint and class, now may would be a good time to try and enter talks about starting something with the Hogs. 

But for decades now they have a small core faction that has shown nothing but classless public hatred for the UA while their own program has gone into serious decline.  ASU needs to build on last year's success, shutup about the UA, beat back UCA and maybe down the road a series will be worthy of discussing.  For now, Ok St has expressed interest in playing Ark and we should pursue that if the Texas series ends up being only 2 years. 

Vote for Asa!

I'd love a series with Oklahoma State.  Could become a great rivalry IMO

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: nwarazfan on May 11, 2006, 09:54:16 am
But for decades now they have a small core faction that has shown nothing but classless public hatred for the UA while their own program has gone into serious decline.
Yup.  Case in point: last years reaction to the women's NIT debacle.  They're not helping their cause with stunts like that.

nwarazfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 11, 2006, 09:58:23 am

Texas fans look at us like we look at Ole Miss.   I'd say the way Texas would view North Texas is how we view ASU

Texass looks down on everyone.  Its why they are so mutually hated. 

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 11, 2006, 09:58:23 am

Texas fans look at us like we look at Ole Miss.   I'd say the way Texas would view North Texas is how we view ASU
In all reality they probably should look at us the way we see Ole Miss (given the directions of the two programs over the last few years).  But they are arrogant a-holes and probably really do view us the way we see ARST.

codeHog

Any Hog fan that is too dang dumb to realize that playing asu would be bad for the UofA, needs to take long look in the mirror because they don't really love the HOGS

HogJoeHelm

You know, I think we should definately NOT play ASU for this reason right here.  It makes me laugh seeing all these hardcore ASU fans getting all blue in the face because we won't play them.  It's like holding a toy up above a five year old and having him jump for it.  I love it!

hogfan064

Quote from: codeHog on May 11, 2006, 10:05:51 am
Any Hog fan that is too dang dumb to realize that playing asu would be bad for the UofA, needs to take long look in the mirror because they don't really love the HOGS

Ok I love the HOGS, but I still want to play them.  Please explain to me how playing ASU is bad for the program.

Florida plays UCF
Tennessee plays Memphis
South Carolina plays Citadel, Furman, and Wofford
WVU plays Marshall
LSU plays Tulane and ULM
Oklahoma is playing AT Tulsa

HogJoeHelm

Ok, I have a better idea.  Just to make them even more mad....

Let's play UCA.  I dont' even know where UCA is, since I don't ever see any part of Arkansas other than the NW area, but it would really piss them off.  Come on, Frank!

hogfan064

Quote from: HogJoeHelm on May 11, 2006, 10:17:58 am
Ok, I have a better idea.  Just to make them even more mad....

Let's play UCA.  I dont' even know where UCA is, since I don't ever see any part of Arkansas other than the NW area, but it would really piss them off.  Come on, Frank!

I made the suggestion we should play UAPB. That would really get some attention

HogJoeHelm

I'm up to play UAPB.  Or maybe UAFS.  I know they don't have a football team, but maybe we could spot them a few players.

Kicking Wing

You will not meet one person outside of this state that doesn't find the policy against playing in state schools plain silly.  All the talk about economic status and the dire consequences is simply laughable.  We're talking about playing a GAME.  The next morning you would still be an averag SEC team and we would still be an average Sun Belt team.  You wouldn't lose recruits to us unless you started losing all the time and if either we got that good or you guys got that bad, it would just be a sign of how things had turned.  It wouldn't be because of that game.

Honestly, EVERY single person from anywhere but AR that I have ever heard talk about this issue thinks it's just silly that there is a "policy" against in state play.  If Texas and LSU can do it then so could you guys.

Also, I really love the attempts to use UCA to bash ASU.  Enrollment has nothing to do with on the field ability.  If it did, UNT would beat you like a drum and FIU would as well.  UCA is not stealing any recruits from ASU and ASU almost never steals any from UA.  We've been very fortunate lately to get guys that Nutt passed on mistakenly, but we seldom win a recruiting battle against UA or any SEC team except maybe Vandy.

As for that attempt in the legislature a few years ago, it wasn't without precedent and it was not an ASU person that proposed that bill.  He was using that because of the whole LR vs. Fayetteville mess. 

Hilarious.

Kicking Wing

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 11, 2006, 10:15:35 am

Ok I love the HOGS, but I still want to play them.  Please explain to me how playing ASU is bad for the program.

Florida plays UCF
Tennessee plays Memphis
WVU plays Marshall
LSU plays Tulane and ULM

You are obviously one of the more mature and wise people on this board.  This shouldn't be a big deal.  All the schools should schedule each other when possible and just get over it.  The world will not end and I promise you that it is not going to elevate or diminish anyone's standing to play a few games.

I for one cannot wait until UCA gets their scholarships up so we can trash them instead of UTM. :)

HogJoeHelm

THere is not "policy" on not playing in state schools.  It's just Broyles not wanting to.  I'm with him.  There is no upside for us.  If we win, it's just another no name school we beat.  If we lose (which we wouldn't) or if it was even kept close, there is a chance (albeit a small one) we will lose a recruit here and there. 

As it stands right now, we don't play ASU, and because of that, we're on two different levels.  I root for ASU to win.  If we were to play each other, a line would be drawn in the sand.  And would rather be on the NW side of that line, or the NE side?  People would have to choose one, and let me tell you bro, they wouldn't choose the one closer to the river.  So ASU should be happy we don't play them. 

NEAHAWG

Quote from: jabohog on May 11, 2006, 09:49:59 am
Quote from: NEAHAWG on May 11, 2006, 07:09:22 am
Started this thread to highlight the thought by some of the ASU people that one of the candidates for Governor has very strong ties with BurialGrounds and posts on that board just like most of the ones that would sell their children into bondage for a game with UA or UA as they call it.  M.B. has the same feelings about us as the real crazies on that board.  Just remember that asu put 10,000 fans into a womens NIT game with our ladybacks and they were beside themselves posting the pissing on the hog picture with a member of the Independence Bowl participating which is now in the thread that was linked.

ALSO REMEBER THAT WE IN ARKANSAS ARE TERM LIMITED FOR THE GOVERNORS OFFICE.
Appreciate the info. I don't care if we play them or not but it doesn't need to be a political point. Neither does focusing on one section of the state. I get the feeling that you are not a fan of MB, who is your candidate?
Jabbo, I am not sure who I will support, I would just like Beebe to say what his actions would be relating to an attempt to force a game with the UofA. I would vote against him if he said he would support legislation to force the game in anyway.  Not sure just yet what I would do if he said he wouldn't.

hogfan064

Quote from: Kicking Wing on May 11, 2006, 10:31:55 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 11, 2006, 10:15:35 am

Florida plays UCF
Tennessee plays Memphis
WVU plays Marshall
LSU plays Tulane and ULM

You are obviously one of the more mature and wise people on this board.  This shouldn't be a big deal.  All the schools should schedule each other when possible and just get over it.  The world will not end and I promise you that it is not going to elevate or diminish anyone's standing to play a few games.

I for one cannot wait until UCA gets their scholarships up so we can trash them instead of UTM. :)

I'd much rather see ASU fans in Razorback Stadium than Utah State fans.  Some people are just way to paranoid.  Arkansas has and always will be the #1 school in this state.  Heck the entire country knows what that running Hog means. 

With that said I do wish some ASU fans would show a little more class when dealing with this situation.  I think the fear many Hog fans have is that "if" ASU ever beat Arkansas the fans would be very unclassy about it. 

ThisLittlePiggie

Quote from: razorback1 on May 10, 2006, 09:58:12 pm
I live in Jonesboro and I can't stand the indians. All they do is talk about how they could beat us and were just scared. It pi$$es me off so much.

Don't let it bother you. They've been saying the same thing for the last 40 years. Nothing ever changes and THE university will never play that teachers college.

hogfan064

And as far as this thing about ASU fans having to choose who to cheer for.  Well, living in South Carolina their are plenty of Citadel, Furman, Wofford, SC State, and Coastal fans that are big fans of USC.  When those schools play Clemson or USC, they continue to pull for USC or they pull for their alma matter.  It doesn't create any great mental distress for them.

nwarazfan

Quote from: Kicking Wing on May 11, 2006, 10:26:06 am
You will not meet one person outside of this state that doesn't find the policy against playing in state schools plain silly.  All the talk about economic status and the dire consequences is simply laughable.  We're talking about playing a GAME.  The next morning you would still be an averag SEC team and we would still be an average Sun Belt team.  You wouldn't lose recruits to us unless you started losing all the time and if either we got that good or you guys got that bad, it would just be a sign of how things had turned.  It wouldn't be because of that game.

Honestly, EVERY single person from anywhere but AR that I have ever heard talk about this issue thinks it's just silly that there is a "policy" against in state play.  If Texas and LSU can do it then so could you guys.

Also, I really love the attempts to use UCA to bash ASU.  Enrollment has nothing to do with on the field ability.  If it did, UNT would beat you like a drum and FIU would as well.  UCA is not stealing any recruits from ASU and ASU almost never steals any from UA.  We've been very fortunate lately to get guys that Nutt passed on mistakenly, but we seldom win a recruiting battle against UA or any SEC team except maybe Vandy.

As for that attempt in the legislature a few years ago, it wasn't without precedent and it was not an ASU person that proposed that bill.  He was using that because of the whole LR vs. Fayetteville mess. 

Hilarious.

What is hilarious is your ignorance to your own Hog hating history.  This goes back way before the GSD and NE Ark, ASU supporting state legislature members trying to force a game through legislation.  You state that it is just a game.  That shows your ignorance to big time college athletics and the status of your program currently. 

And have your talked to Ole Miss or Miss St fans about why they don't play So Miss?

Kicking Wing

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 11, 2006, 10:43:32 am
And as far as this thing about ASU fans having to choose who to cheer for.  Well, living in South Carolina their are plenty of Citadel, Furman, Wofford, SC State, and Coastal fans that are big fans of USC.  When those schools play Clemson or USC, they continue to pull for USC or they pull for their alma matter.  It doesn't create any great mental distress for them.
You are one wise mofo.  I take a little issue about the class thing.  If you don't think I hear some very "unclassy" things when I mention being an ASU fan (without ever mentioning UA at all) to a hog fan, you would be quite wrong.

The two NIT games were great and are perfect example of why they SHOULD play, not the other way around.

Both schools have some fans who are jerks, but show me a school that doesn't have it's share.

hogfan064

Quote from: nwarazfan on May 11, 2006, 10:45:10 am

Hilarious.

What is hilarious is your ignorance to your own Hog hating history.  This goes back way before the GSD and NE Ark, ASU supporting state legislature members trying to force a game through legislation.  You state that it is just a game.  That shows your ignorance to big time college athletics and the status of your program currently. 

And have your talked to Ole Miss or Miss St fans about why they don't play So Miss?

In all fairness though Southern Miss is much more of a threat to MSU and Ole Miss than ASU is to us.  Southern Miss would actually beat those 2 schools

LZH

Kicking Wing

Hilarious.

Yeah, you're right.  The world would end and this is the most important issue ever.  I imagine all of our spouses and children would leave us if they played. 

HogJoeHelm

Quote from: Kicking Wing on May 11, 2006, 10:47:22 am
You are one wise mofo.  I take a little issue about the class thing.  If you don't think I hear some very "unclassy" things when I mention being an ASU fan (without ever mentioning UA at all) to a hog fan, you would be quite wrong.

The two NIT games were great and are perfect example of why they SHOULD play, not the other way around.

Both schools have some fans who are jerks, but show me a school that doesn't have it's share.

You need to really get over this.  It's not going to happen.  Period.  .  .  .

Kicking Wing

Quote from: HogJoeHelm on May 11, 2006, 10:50:09 am
Quote from: Kicking Wing on May 11, 2006, 10:47:22 am

You need to really get over this.  It's not going to happen.  Period.  .  .  .

I am fine with that, I really am.  I never bring it up.  I just think it would be fun.  I will still attend 7 or 8 ASU FB games a year and even the occasional hog game.  I am not pushing for it, I just think it's silly that you guys are so brainwashed against it and that some ASU fans think it is so important.

nwarazfan

Quote from: Kicking Wing on May 11, 2006, 10:50:09 am

Hilarious.

Yeah, you're right.  The world would end and this is the most important issue ever.  I imagine all of our spouses and children would leave us if they played. 

What kind of a stupid reply is that? 

Kicking Wing

Quote from: nwarazfan on May 11, 2006, 10:55:51 am
Quote from: Kicking Wing on May 11, 2006, 10:50:09 am

Hilarious.

What kind of a stupid reply is that? 
Sorry, thought you might get sarcasm.  I was wrong.

hogfan064

Southern Miss is 6-18 alltime against Ole Miss and 14-12 alltime against MSU. 

S

nwarazfan

I understand sarcasm.  That was just stupidity. 

nwarazfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 11, 2006, 10:57:39 am

S

Last meetings?

hogfan064

Quote from: nwarazfan on May 11, 2006, 10:58:39 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 11, 2006, 10:57:39 am

S

Last meetings?

MSU 1990.  From 1973-1990 Southern Miss went 12-4-1 against MSU. No wonder MSU doesn't want to play them

Ole Miss 1984.  From 1979-1984 Southern Miss won 4 of 5 from the Rebels. 

jvegashawg

When ASU starts have a legitimate fan base that actually cares about their team and doesn't just care about beating Arkansas then Arkansas should start playing them.  Everything you need to know about ASU athletics and their "fans" is that the biggest crowd in the convocation center history (and perhaps only sell out - although I think the first game ever against Memphis St. may have been) occurred when ASU played UA in a women's NIT game.  I'd bet money that if Arkansas and Texas ever met in an NIT women's game in Bud Walton it wouldn't draw half that many and there wouldn't be a court stormin' after Arkansas won.