Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UA-asu game an issue in the Governors race?

Started by NEAHAWG, May 10, 2006, 09:34:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

Has anyone read the posts on TSN's site about "games you'd like to see"?  More than a couple of folks wanted to see USC drop Ark. & play a 'real' SEC opponent.  It would be infuriating if only they didn't have a good reason to feel that way.    :'(

Damn, we're the ASU of college football!

Kicking Wing

Quote from: NEastArkie on May 13, 2006, 03:35:44 pm
Quote from: Kicking Wing on May 11, 2006, 10:31:55 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 11, 2006, 10:15:35 am
Quote from: codeHog on May 11, 2006, 10:05:51 am
Any Hog fan that is too dang dumb to realize that playing asu would be bad for the UofA, needs to take long look in the mirror because they don't really love the HOGS

Ok I love the HOGS, but I still want to play them.  Please explain to me how playing ASU is bad for the program.

Florida plays UCF
Tennessee plays Memphis
South Carolina plays Citadel, Furman, and Wofford
WVU plays Marshall
LSU plays Tulane and ULM
Oklahoma is playing AT Tulsa

You are obviously one of the more mature and wise people on this board.  This shouldn't be a big deal.  All the schools should schedule each other when possible and just get over it.  The world will not end and I promise you that it is not going to elevate or diminish anyone's standing to play a few games.

I for one cannot wait until UCA gets their scholarships up so we can trash them instead of UTM. :)

What a self-righteous bunch of BS.  There is nothing "mature or wise" about either position on this issue. It's in the UA's best interest to continue its policy & it's in ASU's best interest to schedule a game.  Just because there are some UA fans who don't agree with that view hardly makes them "mature or wise".  It simply happens to be in accord with your view as an ASU fan. The fact that you want us to ASU hardly lifts you to some morally superior position.  And given all the different handles you use on different boards to spew the same crap suggests you're the one who is immature.
You only call it self-righteous because it is not in agreement with you skewed view of what college athletics is about.  I was actually having some fun saying he was wise and mature, but it didn't take long for that to strike a nerve with you. 

Sorry, I'll run my "handles" by you next time I register on a board since you've already ruined one board and you lurk in the shadows on others.  I am still looking for "NEArkie" in the phone book, but I haven't found it just yet.

See you the next time ASU comes up on any board and tell Mrs. NEArkie and the NEArkie kids hello.

You are one wise mofo Mr. Hogfan064:)  Maybe you could share your tips on remaining reasonable?

NEAHAWG

KickingWing, do you ever think about what you are saying before posting?
Posted by KickingWing: You are obviously one of the more mature and wise people on this board.  This shouldn't be a big deal.  All the schools should schedule each other when possible and just get over it.  The world will not end and I promise you that it is not going to elevate or diminish anyone's standing to play a few games.
End Quote
Where is the kidding in that?  If the guy had disagreed with you one might see kidding in it, but he agreed with you that a game would be fun.  If playing instate schools is so much fun for you injun fans then why don't y'all rotate UAPB and UCA every other year in Little Rock for your instate rivals? The attendance should be larger than most games and that would make some money for your bleeding red ink program.  It would also keep the money in the state, instead of sending it to UT Martin.

All three schools have similar income from ticket sales and there would be no loss of prestige no matter who won or lost.  If you start with UAPB for the first year in 2007, then UCA should be fully accepted as D1AA by 2008. If not then you could play UAPB untill such time as UCA gets there.

NEastArkie

May 16, 2006, 08:20:02 am #203 Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 09:18:49 am by NEastArkie
Quote from: Kicking Wing on May 15, 2006, 10:13:06 pm
Quote from: NEastArkie on May 13, 2006, 03:35:44 pm
Quote from: Kicking Wing on May 11, 2006, 10:31:55 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 11, 2006, 10:15:35 am
Quote from: codeHog on May 11, 2006, 10:05:51 am
Any Hog fan that is too dang dumb to realize that playing asu would be bad for the UofA, needs to take long look in the mirror because they don't really love the HOGS

Ok I love the HOGS, but I still want to play them.  Please explain to me how playing ASU is bad for the program.

Florida plays UCF
Tennessee plays Memphis
South Carolina plays Citadel, Furman, and Wofford
WVU plays Marshall
LSU plays Tulane and ULM
Oklahoma is playing AT Tulsa

You are obviously one of the more mature and wise people on this board.  This shouldn't be a big deal.  All the schools should schedule each other when possible and just get over it.  The world will not end and I promise you that it is not going to elevate or diminish anyone's standing to play a few games.

I for one cannot wait until UCA gets their scholarships up so we can trash them instead of UTM. :)

What a self-righteous bunch of BS.  There is nothing "mature or wise" about either position on this issue. It's in the UA's best interest to continue its policy & it's in ASU's best interest to schedule a game.  Just because there are some UA fans who don't agree with that view hardly makes them "mature or wise".  It simply happens to be in accord with your view as an ASU fan. The fact that you want us to ASU hardly lifts you to some morally superior position.  And given all the different handles you use on different boards to spew the same crap suggests you're the one who is immature.
You only call it self-righteous because it is not in agreement with you skewed view of what college athletics is about.  I was actually having some fun saying he was wise and mature, but it didn't take long for that to strike a nerve with you. 

Sorry, I'll run my "handles" by you next time I register on a board since you've already ruined one board and you lurk in the shadows on others.  I am still looking for "NEArkie" in the phone book, but I haven't found it just yet.

See you the next time ASU comes up on any board and tell Mrs. NEArkie and the NEArkie kids hello.

You are one wise mofo Mr. Hogfan064:)  Maybe you could share your tips on remaining reasonable?

I'm well aware of what college athletics are all about.  In the grand scheme of life they're hardly important.  What you don't seem to grasp is that it is not immature of a fan to oppose something that hurts his school.  Your self-righteousness shows up in your claim that only those who favor the UA playing ASU or who don't strongly oppose it are "mature."  How absurd.

As for your real world identity, I don't have any interest in exposing it or even knowing it.   However, when you & several other ASU fans change handles from board to board, I am quite happy to point it out.  It helps Razorback fans know they're dealing with one of the ASU regulars.

I'm not sure what "lurking in the shadows" of other boards means.  I read most of the hog boards & tend to post most often on just a couple.   Since that appears to be your habit, too, I guess we have another example of your hypocrisy.  And excuse me if I just can't get too upset if I've "ruined" a hog board for some ASU lurker whose idea of maturity is agreeing with him.

lyon98

NEArkie, I gave you an applaud. Glad to recognize a person that single handedly could ruin a sports board. Seriously, your reply was well stated and this is from a person that sees nothing wrong with substituting asu for a LA directional school.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.