Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

asu-j turned down bowl bid

Started by LoseAnutt, December 07, 2008, 07:25:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kicking Wing

Quote from: all nikon on December 09, 2008, 12:52:30 pm
ASU did not turn down a bowl bid. However, if ASU had, isn't it better to turn down a bowl bid than not to have received one? For those of you who feel a little bit better about yourselves when bashing ASU, there was only one team -- and without a doubt, one bad team that did it -- that had 6 wins against Division I opponents this year. Hands down, the Sun Belt is bad and will never be the SEC, nor wiLL ASU ever play on a level playing field as UA. UA needs to quit buying wins against Sun Belts teams and 1-AA teams or start giving props for ASU's success against teams on their level.
I'll type slower so some of you can keep up...ASU DID NOT TURN DOWN A BOWL BID.
You are right.  They absolutely did not turn it down.

Kicking Wing

Quote from: porcine1 on December 09, 2008, 12:36:52 pm
I'm sure being at ASU  was a goal for Brady. And just what the hell is "a top 20 mid-major recruiting ranking"???? That's a new one.
It's put out by Rivals.

Kicking Wing

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 09, 2008, 12:06:59 pm
JFB was right.  Most of the teams playing in the Hawaii bowl games lose money as well.  Bottom line is, where do you want your program to go?

For those ASWho trolls (who want for free a share of what the Hogs have earned by hard work through the years), don't pretend your program is on the rise by itself.  If ASU-J can't afford to go to a bowl game, you are a long, long way from big time.  I bet UCA would have accepted that bid in a heartbeat - but then they have visions of their program going someplace in the future.
It had nothing to do with money.  I am a little surprised that UCA has received a pass on athletic debt given there state.

phoggy

Roberts is the hdn of the sun belt. Just ask the muleriders.
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

Sivad

Turning down a bowl bid because they were too broke to go will stay with the Red Wolf Indians for a long time.

There is small time, and then there is ASU.