Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All POST ABOUT....UCA Shooting (UPDATED)

Started by Razor6, October 26, 2008, 10:12:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razor6

October 26, 2008, 10:12:06 pm Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 11:10:12 pm by doo-ran
One confirmed dead. Two in emergency room.

http://arkansasmatters.com/content/fulltext/news/?cid=135321
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

colbs

My friend is in the library right and called me.  He told me there was a shooting and the library was on lockdown.  One of friends said three shot. Thats all i know, its pretty scary thing especially since i go to school there.

Hawgndaaz

ar_sports_talk

Need a good laugh?  Click below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVr8nvs6re0

ronmahony

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Razor6

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

Hawgndaaz

Just got off the phone with a friend that lives on Donaghey. He said he was outside and heard 5-6 shots.

colbs

2 dead as of right now. You see these things happen at places like v. tech but you never thing they will happen here.

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

This is some scary darn. I always knew a shooting was a possibility, but I never in my wildest dreams thought one would happen here in Arkansas. Let's hope no one else gets any ideas from this tragic event.

razorback15

3 shot, 2 dead, 1 shooter in custody and 1 on the run

Razorbackmedic

October 26, 2008, 10:31:39 pm #11 Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 10:35:19 pm by Razorbackmedic
My stepson is at UCA. He called and said that, the word on campus, is it was a drive-by type thing.

Which is to say they drove up jumped out, shot, got back in and then drive away.

razorback15

3 shot, 2 dead, 1 shooter in custody and 1 on the run

Devil_Dog

Hawgndaaz

I am about 2 blocks from campus. Locking my doors and loading 9mm.

Devil_Dog

good lord..what is this world coming to?? what is wrong with people these days

razorback15

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on October 26, 2008, 10:32:43 pm
I am about 2 blocks from campus. Locking my doors and loading 9mm.

dont get mad but lol, i would too brah

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

October 26, 2008, 10:37:39 pm #17 Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 10:39:20 pm by UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce
Supposedly two students dead, and two in the hospital. One of the shooters was caught. Not sure if there was another accomplice or not.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: razorback15 on October 26, 2008, 10:35:34 pm
dont get mad but lol, i would too brah

not mad, just scared shitless!

The UnderHog

Quote from: colbs on October 26, 2008, 10:26:16 pm
2 dead as of right now. You see these things happen at places like v. tech but you never thing they will happen here.

Dude, why would you think there would be a better chance of things like this happening at Virginia Tech over UCA? Didnt it only happen once there? No offense, but with that line of reasoning, the next time there's a shooting somewhere, those folks will be saying, "you might expect that at UCA but never thought it could happen here"

chortle

Quote from: Razorbackmedic on October 26, 2008, 10:31:39 pm
My stepson is at UCA. He called and said that, the word on campus, is it was a drive-by type thing.

Which is to say they drove up jumped out, shot, got back in and then drive away.

This is correct.  At Arkansas Hall.

HawgFan26

Quote from: The UnderHog on October 26, 2008, 10:41:17 pm
Dude, why would you think there would be a better chance of things like this happening at Virginia Tech over UCA? Didnt it only happen once there? No offense, but with that line of reasoning, the next time there's a shooting somewhere, those folks will be saying, "you might expect that at UCA but never thought it could happen here"
Or maybe he said that because VT is so much larger than UCA?

razorback15

a white car with several people inside that drove through and shot at the students. 4 suspects, 1 in custody

razorback15

a white car with several people inside that drove through and shot at the students. 4 suspects, 1 in custody

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

What in the world causes a person(s) to do something like that?

colbs

I was basically saying that when you see something like this you never think it will happen here.  Not saying that there is a more likely chance you just dont think it will happen here.

Landonhog

I'm glad they were able to arrest one of these punks.  Sad to hear.  Praying for the kids and the school.

Razor6

Local/Regional/National news picking this up yet?

Razor6

Razor6

RoboRazor

i posted the link on Fark and it was greenlit almost immediately

Razor6

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: Landonhog on October 26, 2008, 10:49:13 pm
I'm glad they were able to arrest one of these punks.  Sad to hear.  Praying for the kids and the school.

Surely if they've got one they can get the names of the others.  Do whatever it takes to make that scum talk.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: chortle on October 26, 2008, 10:42:03 pm

This is correct.  At Arkansas Hall.
My old dorm!  My daughter want's to go there next year.  Man this is crazy!

Razor6

Razor6

Hawgndaaz

ok, so now i just got a call about a shooting at Fox Run apartments, right by campus?

colbs

yep i heard about the fox run apartments too.  I lived there last year

doo-ran

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on October 26, 2008, 11:00:59 pm
ok, so now i just got a call about a shooting at Fox Run apartments, right by campus?
hmmm interesting.

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

A second shooting, maybe?

God bless UCA.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

I've heard about three different shootings. The original one, then one at Fox Run then one at State Hall. Only one I've heard confirmation about is the first one. Scary, lots of scared people here on campus.

Razor6

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: colbs on October 26, 2008, 11:02:56 pm
yep i heard about the fox run apartments too.  I lived there last year

A second shooting or is this referring to the same one?

doo-ran

Devil_Dog

redbarn

My neice goes to UCA.  She is ok but in lockdown.     
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

Hog4Ever09

wow

prayers from Fayetteville for all the people in Conway

this is terrible

The Recruiting Guy

Please do not post names of possible victims. Let the authorities notify next to kin.

Razor6

REALTOR Hog

I go to school there too, all of my friends are on facebook, the school is on lockdown, nobody can leave, so everyone is on facebook and text messaging.. there were shootings in front of state, which i think are dorms, and one in front of the fox run apartments.. prayers go out to everyone involved.
- GO HOGS -