Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

is anyone else on here sick and tired of...

Started by Kenny Dowell Loggains, September 30, 2008, 04:51:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny Dowell Loggains

people claiming that the mighty Red Wolves of ASU are actually "better" than the HOGS this year?  I don't usually post very much on here unless something really gets under my skin... and this has.  I've been reading a lot the past week or two and it seems like every other thread has a little blurb here or there about ASU and the HOGS.  Even some of our own are making this "hypothetical" claim that they would beat us this year... here's my thought and plead that we put this to bed once and for all:

So ASU beats TAMU at Kyle Field and this whole debate gets started...  A few weeks down the road after ASU put up some impressive numbers against Texas Southern (is that high school?), a win vs. MTSU, and losses to Southern Miss and Memphis...  it brought on this dispute of epic proportion.

Meanwhile, the young HOGS severely undermanned, undersized and very inexperienced in BP's new system scrape by a few teams and then get rocked by the now #2 and #5 team in the country.

Here is my advice to the ASU homers and those talking smack about the HOGS:  Congratulations on your big ol' win against TAMU.  Get your "we beat TAMU" t-shirts now at the Jonesboro Mall.  For the first time in the history of your football program (1911) you just "might be" a little better than the HOGS... Hell, I'll take once out of 100 years anytime.  I tip my hat and applaud you for taking it to TX Southern and for that solid win against MTSU (sarcasm).  But you will continue to be the "for sure homecoming win" against the SEC, Big 12, and other BCS conferences for the rest of existence!  That's what ASU football means to me.  No-BCS, very little national exposure, and ZERO big time recruits = IRRELEVANT. 

So rock on ASU, keep racking up those Sun Belt victories!  Keep playing for that once-in-10-year win over a big time school and those occasional 7 or 8 Sun Belt win seasons;... Meanwhile, we'll be here in Fayetteville preparing for championships.  Enjoy this year to the fullest.  It only took close to 100 years for ASU to make this "better than" claim, so be prepared for 100 more.

Burt B.

aw let them have their fun. it won't last long.

rcj001

It's ASU's best year in 20 years and the Hogs worst year in 20 years and for once it might actually be a halfway decent game, I'm from Jonesboro and all for seeing ASU compete in their conference, but their fans are ignorant.  Sometimes I want to strangle Bud-Ro in the morning

Boog41

This is one HOG fan who is against playing ASU period and I'm dang sure glad we don't have to this year.

want2be

There will be a better comparison after the La-Monroe game with ASU

We are down and they are up which very rarely happens

Hogs4Ever

TheSlick

Arkansas would beat ASU... Cannon Whitby would kick a 3-pointer to win the game and save BP's job..

Boog41

That's good....... you, Slick, are an old f@rt.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Mitch C

RICKHOGHEAD

Quote from: TheSlick on September 30, 2008, 09:34:46 pm
Arkansas would beat ASU... Cannon Whitby would kick a 3-pointer to win the game and save BP's job..
Good one.

RICKHOGHEAD

There is no way State could beat Arkansas. They might stay close for a while but thats about it. This is one of those once in every fifty years that State might actually play a competitive game.

hogsndawgs

Who cares? They actually might be able to beat us this year. If we played them for the next 100 years though, we'd probably be 99-1. I'll concede that the loss might come this year. This is maybe the worst Arkansas team of all time and the best ASU team since they joined I-A. As a program they're nowhere near us, not to mention we have a FAR superior coaching staff. I'm happy for the cute little red wolves.

honkyfool

Quote from: Boog41 on September 30, 2008, 08:42:03 pm
This is one HOG fan who is against playing ASU period and I'm dang sure glad we don't have to this year.

When is Arkansas gonna join the rest of the country.  Alabama plays Auburn, Florida plays Florida state and Miami.  Oklahoma State plays Oklahoma.  It is almost along the lines of segregation.  We don't want you playing us because we are above you in every way. 

Dare I say these programs are way above Arkansas now and as of recent history.

pigz

Quote from: Hogs4Ever on September 30, 2008, 09:34:44 pm
I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Everything around you's growin' old.
The days drag on, the nights last forever,
Every day's tougher just to keep it together.

Post #420   ha
You guys have a good time frig dancing

cosmodrum

Quote from: honkyfool on October 01, 2008, 01:23:13 pm
When is Arkansas gonna join the rest of the country.  Alabama plays Auburn, Florida plays Florida state and Miami.  Oklahoma State plays Oklahoma.  It is almost along the lines of segregation.  We don't want you playing us because we are above you in every way. 

Dare I say these programs are way above Arkansas now and as of recent history.

They are all big time schools, so a loss to one another doesn't cause the loser to have the image of their university devastated. Those are also states with MUCH more instate talent than Arkansas. We can't afford to lose that kind of face and lose instate recruits to ASU. It's highly unlikely that we would lose to them, but why take the chance?

This is one thing that I believe JFB got right.
Go away, batin'

jwaldhog

honkyfool

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 01, 2008, 01:40:22 pm
They are all big time schools, so a loss to one another doesn't cause the loser to have the image of their university devastated. Those are also states with MUCH more instate talent than Arkansas. We can't afford to lose that kind of face and lose instate recruits to ASU. It's highly unlikely that we would lose to them, but why take the chance?

Is you saying that Arkansas is not a big time program?  What makes you say there is not that much in state talent?   There is a lot of talent in Arkansas they just need to be given a chance.

honkyfool

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 01, 2008, 01:40:22 pm

What about the loss to the Citadel?  Since then the Razorbacks have built world class facilities.

cosmodrum

Quote from: honkyfool on October 01, 2008, 01:46:28 pm
Is you saying that Arkansas is not a big time program?  What makes you say there is not that much in state talent?   There is a lot of talent in Arkansas they just need to be given a chance.

No, I is not saying that. Arkansas is a big time school. ASU is not. So, Arkansas losing to ASU is more devastating than say, Auburn losing to Alabama. It hurts, for sure, but not like us losing to a Sunbelt team. And as far as instate talent goes, yes there is some good talent in Arkansas, but not like Florida, Alabama, OK, etc. Hell, they are all more populated than Arkansas and have more schools.
Go away, batin'

pigz

Quote from: honkyfool on October 01, 2008, 01:46:28 pm
Is you saying that Arkansas is not a big time program?  What makes you say there is not that much in state talent?   There is a lot of talent in Arkansas they just need to be given a chance.

I'm pretty sure he is referring to ASU not being a big time school.

Quote from: honkyfool on October 01, 2008, 01:48:39 pm
What about the loss to the Citadel?  Since then the Razorbacks have built world class facilities.

I cant remember losing to Citedal since we built our world class facilities.
You guys have a good time frig dancing

cosmodrum

Quote from: honkyfool on October 01, 2008, 01:48:39 pm

Winning or losing had little to do with our facilities. Frank smiley glad-handing people got the money for those facilities. Also, you are comparing apples to hammers. The Citadel is not an Arkansas school. An Arkansas kid would not snub the Hogs for the Citadel, but I could see that happening in the case of ASU.
Go away, batin'

honkyfool

Quote from: pigz on October 01, 2008, 01:53:21 pm

I cant remember losing to Citedal since we built our world class facilities.

My point exactly.  Sure the loss to Citadel hurt but since then the program has moved on to bigger and better things.

honkyfool

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 01, 2008, 01:56:05 pm
Winning or losing had little to do with our facilities. Frank smiley glad-handing people got the money for those facilities. Also, you are comparing apples to hammers. The Citadel is not an Arkansas school. An Arkansas kid would not snub the Hogs for the Citadel, but I could see that happening in the case of ASU.

Well if that is the case the recruiters would have to work that much harder to keep it from happening.  Don't you see competition makes us ALL better

Verge

Quote from: gguillo on September 30, 2008, 04:51:50 pm
people claiming that the mighty Red Wolves of ASU are actually "better" than the HOGS this year?  I don't usually post very much on here unless something really gets under my skin... and this has.  I've been reading a lot the past week or two and it seems like every other thread has a little blurb here or there about ASU and the HOGS.  Even some of our own are making this "hypothetical" claim that they would beat us this year... here's my thought and plead that we put this to bed once and for all:

So ASU beats TAMU at Kyle Field and this whole debate gets started...  A few weeks down the road after ASU put up some impressive numbers against Texas Southern (is that high school?), a win vs. MTSU, and losses to Southern Miss and Memphis...  it brought on this dispute of epic proportion.

Meanwhile, the young HOGS severely undermanned, undersized and very inexperienced in BP's new system scrape by a few teams and then get rocked by the now #2 and #5 team in the country.

Here is my advice to the ASU homers and those talking smack about the HOGS:  Congratulations on your big ol' win against TAMU.  Get your "we beat TAMU" t-shirts now at the Jonesboro Mall.  For the first time in the history of your football program (1911) you just "might be" a little better than the HOGS... Hell, I'll take once out of 100 years anytime.  I tip my hat and applaud you for taking it to TX Southern and for that solid win against MTSU (sarcasm).  But you will continue to be the "for sure homecoming win" against the SEC, Big 12, and other BCS conferences for the rest of existence!  That's what ASU football means to me.  No-BCS, very little national exposure, and ZERO big time recruits = IRRELEVANT. 

So rock on ASU, keep racking up those Sun Belt victories!  Keep playing for that once-in-10-year win over a big time school and those occasional 7 or 8 Sun Belt win seasons;... Meanwhile, we'll be here in Fayetteville preparing for championships.  Enjoy this year to the fullest.  It only took close to 100 years for ASU to make this "better than" claim, so be prepared for 100 more.

I approve this post.

This is "hogville" folks, not "second tier arkansas collegeville." Go join the UCA fans(1/2 of which go to razorback games) in bashing others to improve your confidence.

phadedhawg

ASU doesn't bother me.  I always cheer for them bc they are an Arkansas team.  I wouldn't assume that we would win if we played this year.  That doesn't prove anything about who has a better program.  We are head and shoulders above them and always will be.

With Arkansas getting kicked in the teeth the way we have and barely beating our "rent a wins" we don't have any reason to trash anyone or assume we could beat another team.

Even if the planets alined and ASU beat Arkansas it wouldn't change anything.

LZH

October 01, 2008, 03:10:56 pm #26 Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 03:12:28 pm by LedZepHog
Every time I think ASU is on the verge of being somebody, they lose games they shouldn't.  I really would enjoy seeing them do very well; but the truth is, they are not, as a program, in a position to be consistent year after year (or apparently even within the same year).  I do like Steve Roberts, and I think he's a fine coach (I can remember when he played at Joe T)...but ASU is about as good as they're gonna get until he (or whoever) can compete with some of the big boys for recruits.  And that prolly ain't happening.  There's only so many Jonathan Adams around, ya know.

jspang727

cosmodrum

Quote from: honkyfool on October 01, 2008, 01:59:51 pm
Well if that is the case the recruiters would have to work that much harder to keep it from happening.  Don't you see competition makes us ALL better

So...making it MORE difficult to land the instate talent is a GOOD thing? Umm....huh?
Go away, batin'

kgr

Think about this.  Bud Walton was built with what % state and what % private $.  Compare that with the convolution center at ASU.  Also, compare the same % to the football stadia.
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

honkyfool

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 01, 2008, 03:27:09 pm
So...making it MORE difficult to land the instate talent is a GOOD thing? Umm....huh?

If the recruiters had any pride or weren't so insecure of themselves then I think they would welcome the challenge.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Verge on October 01, 2008, 02:22:26 pm
I approve this post.

This is "hogville" folks, not "second tier arkansas collegeville." Go join the UCA fans(1/2 of which go to razorback games) in bashing others to improve your confidence.

Since when in the hell have you seen/heard an abundance of UCA fans bashing UofA? I have not. I also happen to be a UCA alumnus and fan. But yes, I care more about the Hogs than I do the Bears, and I love both. I was brought up to love the Hogs, I had to learn to love the Bears as a student. And before you belittle my worthless UCA degree, I was also a grad student on The Hill.
Go away, batin'

Bama Hog™

I think It would be a great game but only if played in Little Rock because it has better tailgating and the crowds are better. Then we should name the field after Frank Broyles, dedicate our season to Teresa Prewit, and ask Rick Shaffer over for dinner to debate the merits of Houston Nutt as a head coach. After dinner we could TP Mitch Mustains mom's house and file a FOIA requesting copies of Stan Heath's old game plans.   
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

honkyfool

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on October 01, 2008, 03:30:45 pm
I think It would be a great game but only if played in Little Rock because it has better tailgating and the crowds are better. Then we should name the field after Frank Broyles, dedicate our season to Teresa Prewit, and ask Rick Shaffer over for dinner to debate the merits of Houston Nutt as a head coach. After dinner we could TP Mitch Mustains mom's house and file a FOIA requesting copies of Stan Heath's old game plans.  
ROFLMFAO

cosmodrum

Quote from: honkyfool on October 01, 2008, 03:30:23 pm
If the recruiters had any pride or weren't so insecure of themselves then I think they would welcome the challenge.

Well thankfully we have a staff dedicated to evaluating and recruiting the best instate talent. So this is a moot point, I suppose.
Go away, batin'

honkyfool

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 01, 2008, 03:33:03 pm
Well thankfully we have a staff dedicated to evaluating and recruiting the best instate talent. So this is a moot point, I suppose.

I am just asking what is wrong with a little competition?

cosmodrum

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on October 01, 2008, 03:30:45 pm

Sweet! Then we could expand WMS to accomodate the tens of hundreds of ASU fans!
Go away, batin'

Bama Hog™

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 01, 2008, 03:36:12 pm
Sweet! Then we could expand WMS to accomodate the tens of hundreds of ASU fans!

That would mean we would have install spit cup holders under their seats. I think ASU should incur that expense. 
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

The HAMtons

Quote from: PorkOpine on September 30, 2008, 09:48:13 pm
Not in the least.  I don't live in Arkansas and have never met an ASU fan outside of the state borders.

I do live in Arkansas and have yet to meet an ASU fan.

opineonswine

Red Bull is dead to me and no, I haven't heard anyone stupid enough to make that claim.

honkyfool

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on October 01, 2008, 03:38:08 pm
That would mean we would have install spit cup holders under their seats. I think ASU should incur that expense. 

LOL

cosmodrum

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on October 01, 2008, 03:38:08 pm

Easy solution. Just hire a custodial service to clean up the spit mess. Surely ASU could provide that via their alumni database.
Go away, batin'

honkyfool

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 01, 2008, 03:46:20 pm
Easy solution. Just hire a custodial service to clean up the spit mess. Surely ASU could provide that via their alumni database.
Damn dude that is cold.

cosmodrum

Quote from: honkyfool on October 01, 2008, 03:47:40 pm
Damn dude that is cold.

Eh, I figure i might as well give them a poke. Like I said, I have a UCA degree.

Yes, ASU grads, I was kidding.

Oh, and you missed a spot. Thanks.
Go away, batin'

Sivad

Quote from: gguillo on September 30, 2008, 04:51:50 pm
Get your "we beat TAMU" t-shirts now at the Jonesboro Mall. 

LOL.
Does it have "But We Lost To Mississippi Southern at Home" on the back?

honkyfool

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 01, 2008, 03:49:31 pm
Eh, I figure i might as well give them a poke. Like I said, I have a UCA degree.

Poke hell, that was a knockout punch.  UCA is a fine school. 

cosmodrum

Quote from: honkyfool on October 01, 2008, 03:52:24 pm
Poke hell, that was a knockout punch.  UCA is a fine school. 

Yeah UCA is indeed a good school and so is ASU. I'm just having a little fun; I almost went to ASU.
Go away, batin'

Bama Hog™

Quote from: Sivad on October 01, 2008, 03:50:47 pm
LOL.
Does it have "But We Lost To Mississippi Southern at Home" on the back?

AYSM? Jonesboro has a mall?

MojaveJoe

Quote from: honkyfool on October 01, 2008, 01:59:51 pm

Why would you want to make recruiting harder? It's not exactly easy as it is. We desperately need to keep each and every recruit we're able to.

Competition in recruiting makes a football team better? Doubt it. If you could get anyone you wanted THAT would make a football better.

honkyfool

Quote from: MojaveJoe on October 01, 2008, 07:39:38 pm
Why would you want to make recruiting harder? It's not exactly easy as it is. We desperately need to keep each and every recruit we're able to.

Competition in recruiting makes a football team better? Doubt it. If you could get anyone you wanted THAT would make a football better.

Does the University of Arkansas have a big yellow streak when it come to playing ASU?