Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Southern Miss VS. ASU-J

Started by The real Hogules, September 13, 2008, 07:16:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The real Hogules

I just saw an update and So Miss is leading ASU-J 17-3.

Anybody know what quarter they're in, or how much time is left in the game?

As an Arkansas fan I'm not gloating, I'm just an interested observer from afar.  ;)
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

booogaga

GO HOGS!

clarksville hog

HawgFan25

Quote from: clarksville hog on September 13, 2008, 07:24:04 pm
1 minute left in 2nd quarter
Shouldn't you be watching FC Dallas and DC United on FSC right now? 

Sivad

The "World Champions" are getting beat at home???????

The real Hogules

Quote from: booogaga on September 13, 2008, 07:23:38 pm
2 min left in the first half

Thanks (+1), I haven't caught another update as I've been going back and fourth between MSU/Auburn, OU/Washington, & USC-W/OSU.

Ceba

ASU Posts should go on an ASU board if one exists.

prisonhog

"It's not the size of the Hog in the fight, but the size
of the fight in the Hog."

fuzion1

berryhog

Quote from: Ceba on September 13, 2008, 08:01:07 pm
ASU Posts should go on an ASU board if one exists.

If you don't freakin' like it, don't read it. 

booogaga

is there a link on the web to listen to the game. what channel is it on in little rock?
GO HOGS!

RayZorbak

Im at the game, 17-17 2:47 left in the 3rd

booogaga

GO HOGS!

Mr. Porkleone

Go S. Miss.....

yea I dislike the Indians...This is Hogville, who cares about Arkansas state

GO SO MISS

berryhog

Please, keep the updates coming.

RayZorbak

So miss 3 n out stAte ball and driving derrick lawson is running all over them. Home town boy

RayZorbak

start of 4th Q 17-17 stAte ball on SM 40

farhan

hog_fan

Looks like some team would snap up Steve Roberts. Pretty good coach.

razorbackmkh

I never knew U of A fans had such disdain for stAte. I can't help but root for them. The majority of them are AR kids that would've loved to be Hogs. Maybe the were overlooked by the former "regime" or maybe they didn't have SEC talent, but they're still local kids. Can't say I'd root for them against the Hogs but I always hope they pull out the win against the likes of the Aggies and Bama. Just don't get the hostility towards a program that everyone states is "second rate". That is like the Giants worrying about the Philly Soul. That is, if they are as "second rate" as most on this board contend. I'm for the Red Wolves all the way, until they play the hogs. I don't think that day will come. Glad to see another program doing well in the state, I think it says a lot for the progression of our high school programs.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

RayZorbak

FG snapped over the head of asu, so miss picked it up ran it down to the 10. First and 10 SM

berryhog

Quote from: razorbackmkh on September 13, 2008, 08:33:51 pm
I never knew U of A fans had such disdain for stAte. I can't help but root for them. The majority of them are AR kids that would've loved to be Hogs. Maybe the were overlooked by the former "regime" or maybe they didn't have SEC talent, but they're still local kids. Can't say I'd root for them against the Hogs but I always hope they pull out the win against the likes of the Aggies and Bama. Just don't get the hostility towards a program that everyone states is "second rate". That is like the Giants worrying about the Philly Soul. That is, if they are as "second rate" as most on this board contend. I'm for the Red Wolves all the way, until they play the hogs. I don't think that day will come. Glad to see another program doing well in the state, I think it says a lot for the progression of our high school programs.

I have to agree with you.  I'm a Hog fan first and foremost, but I always want ASU to win.  Unless they were to play the Hogs, of course.   ;)

pablo_escobar

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on September 13, 2008, 08:26:12 pm
Go S. Miss.....

yea I dislike the Indians...This is Hogville, who cares about Arkansas state

GO SO MISS
this is where i start drawing the line about hogville psychos and normal hog fans...im a hog fan but  i applaud a states team..and i hope they beat southern miss...

RayZorbak

StAte defense holds, FG good by SM 20-17. 10:47 left in the 4th

farhan

Quote from: ScottFaldon on September 13, 2008, 08:39:53 pm
Have you posted the same sort of message on the thread about the OSU at USC game? Or the OU game thread? Or the other non-Razorback threads happening today?

It's an open date for Arkansas, hence all the other game threads.

+1 for owning someone using logic

RazorbackRon

Here's the yahoo Game Channel link for the ASU game.

7 min left in the game.  USM up 20-17 and driving.  They have the ball on the ASU  27.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/gamechannel?c=passed&gid=200809130037
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

RayZorbak

The real Hogules

Thanks for the updates guys, I haven't seen another since my original post.

I honestly wasn't hating on ASU-J, I just thought others "might" be as interested in the game and the score as I was/am.

Southern Mississippi is one tough team and probably had the best recruiting class in the state of Mississippi last season.

Again, thanks for the updates.

RayZorbak

huge run by leonard ball on the an 5

sailor11

Arkansas State touchdown, 27-24 Southern Miss with 2;20 left

RayZorbak

RazorbackRon

ASU scores to make it 24-27 w 2:14 left in the game.

Also, go Miss St ...beat Auburn.

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

booogaga

how many people does asu stadium seat?
GO HOGS!

farhan

berryhog

RazorbackRon

Quote from: berryhog on September 13, 2008, 09:05:07 pm
Is it a full house tonight ?

If not, then the Red Wolf fans should be ashamed.

sailor11

Arkansas State forced a punt.  Have the ball on their own 20 with 1:44 to go

sailor11

Pass deflected...interception S Miss.... game over

judd7869

game over int asu  2500 there what the raido said

berryhog

Hate it for ASU.  Maybe they will finish out the season on a strong note and win the conference and finish it up with a bowl win.  Thanks to everyone for the updates.

Golfer

Quote from: judd7869 on September 13, 2008, 09:12:26 pm
game over int asu  2500 there what the raido said

It's understandable that they didn't win if they only had 2500 fans. lol

judd7869

clutch

ASU should have won that game. The ball bounced right off the recievers hands and into the southern miss defenders. I was pretty impressed with ASU actually. I thought that southern miss would walk all over them after hanging with Auburn, but ASU gave them all they wanted and probably should have won that ball game. The bad snap on the FG is what lost them the ball game. Without that I think ASU would have won easily. They had all the momentum up until that play.

Sivad

saturnthegiant

I was at the game, it wasn't sold out, but had a nice crowd. I think the weather kept a lot of folks away, it rained a lot in the first half, and the NEA district fair was going on in the convo center. The bad snap shot our momentum, and their defense killed us in the first half, but the Red Wolves dominated the second.  It was a great game, my kids had a blast and so did i! We were on our feet the entire time! USM has a tough team.

pa_rob424

I also heard that stAte broke out a sharp new red top for this game....

RayZorbak

Quote from: pa_rob424 on September 14, 2008, 12:00:59 am
Yeah they were sweet looking.....Black pants w/red trim and the red jerseys. stAte has some of the best looking unis IMO

chiefsfan

Quote from: pa_rob424 on September 14, 2008, 12:00:59 am

Which should never be used again.   They jinxed us

If you guys dont like ASU threads now...just wait till we host ULM in a month :)   Someone will say something on that game, no matter how it goes.     we also play @ Bama on Nov 1
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

asuato

Thanks to everyone for pulling for stAte. Lots of nice posts here about the Red Wolves. There's no reason why we as fans cant pull FOR each other if were not PLAYING each other. What was the deal with Auburn and MS State? 3-2...geez.