Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UAM baseball--Is this correct?

Started by Immensehog, April 22, 2008, 10:30:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Immensehog

According to yesterday's Demazette, the UAM baseball bugs are 0-35.

Is this even possible?

Can anyone confirm this?
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

DaJobby VanPeltrino

http://www.uamsports.com/baseball/schedule.htm

Believe it.  But hey, there ain't nothin' more evil than a damn boll weevil!

Immensehog

Quote from: DaJobby VanPeltrino on April 22, 2008, 11:02:42 am
http://www.uamsports.com/baseball/schedule.htm

Believe it.  But hey, there ain't nothin' more evil than a damn boll weevil!

Wow.

I'm going to follow this one to the end.

A perfect season is  nothing to sneeze at.

hogman64

Guess March 1 and March 29 were pretty long days.

hogfan064

Someone should email this to Jim Rome.  He loves perfect seasons that don't include wins.

Knot2brite

UAM has struggled the last three years. They have had coaching problems and player problems. They used to be fairly decent but they have fallen on hard times. They play on a field that is crap( Monticello high school field is 25 times better) and they are not located in a major part of the state. Hopefully they will find the right guy to lead them and the right guys to play for them and get back some respectibility.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

WagesHog

the coach quit in the middle of the season, and they had to cancell all of their remaining non conference games or it would be worse.

code3hawg

Sadly this is true.  UAM will complete the 2008 season with a 3 game weekend series in Arkadelphia against Henderson St.  UAM has given up 462 runs this year for an average of 10.3 runs/game while scoring only 129 runs for an average of 3.9.  The Boll Weevils have only scored in double digits 1 time.  Been shut out 3 times, scored 1 run 6 times.  Sad times in Weevil Baseball. 
Quit Whinning and support your Team!

Russ22

Are they going to continue the program?

For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

cosmodrum

Quote from: hogfan064 on April 22, 2008, 12:19:41 pm
Someone should email this to Jim Rome.  He loves perfect seasons that don't include wins.

Yeah, that's what us barefoot, slack-jawed, mouth-breathing inbreeders need...Cool Guy Jim Rome having something else to slam us sh!tkicking Arkansans about.
Go away, batin'

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 22, 2008, 03:38:45 pm
Yeah, that's what us barefoot, slack-jawed, mouth-breathing inbreeders need...Cool Guy Jim Rome having something else to slam us sh!tkicking Arkansans about.

True dat.  F**K JIM ROME
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Wingo Hog

They are 0-35. THis is correct. I have a buddy on the team.

hawgcraZ

The coach cut half the players and now the new coach is having to build it from the ground up....he really screwed every body over

Wingo Hog

The problem with UAM is that they only have 5 pitchers, one of whom is a walk-on. so basically if you dont get 7 or 8 strong innings from your starter you have no bull pen. cant win playing 5 games a week with 5 total pitchers. and aluminum bats at that.

HoopS

Who is the new coach and what kind of experience does he have?

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: HoopS on April 23, 2008, 12:11:27 pm
Who is the new coach and what kind of experience does he have?

Carlos James from Pine Bluff.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

HoopS

I remember Carlos.  Good for him.  I hope he turns it around.

hawgcraZ

He seems to really hard-working guy...I played for Watson Chapel and he's contacted some of our former players who aren't happy with where they ended up trying to get the ball rollin on rebuilding the program.

HoopS

Good place to start.

I'm a Wildcat as well.

Immensehog

Someone should drive to Arkadephia this weekend and deliver these poor bastards some beer and strippers.  They need a party.

code3hawg

Quote from: Immensehog on April 23, 2008, 03:23:50 pm
Someone should drive to Arkadephia this weekend and deliver these poor bastards some beer and strippers.  They need a party.

Im sure if somehow they pull off a win this weekend...im sure there will be one heck of a party awaiting them back in Boll Weevil Land

mj4president

Quote from: Hire Kiffin on April 23, 2008, 11:33:13 am
The problem with UAM is that they only have 5 pitchers, one of whom is a walk-on. so basically if you dont get 7 or 8 strong innings from your starter you have no bull pen. cant win playing 5 games a week with 5 total pitchers. and aluminum bats at that.

At 0-35 it seems they aren't getting ANY amount of strong innings.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

code3hawg

searkhogfan

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on April 23, 2008, 02:31:14 pm
Carlos James from Pine Bluff.

Last I heard Carlos was still just the Interim Head Coach.  But he's getting the word out that if he gets the job.  He will recruit Arkansas hard,  speciffically South Ark......  I remember him being a Heck of a Ball Player.  I talked to one of the UAM player's & he really hopes James gets the job permanently........

HoopS

Let me know if he doesn't. 

Thanks.