Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-State Comes back from 31-6 halftime deficit to win!

Started by WilsonHog, September 27, 2007, 07:28:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

September 27, 2007, 07:28:33 pm Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 07:30:09 pm by WilsonHog
It's 31-6 near the end of the first half.

Justifiable Hogicide

budcampbellfan

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on September 27, 2007, 07:29:33 pm
Quote from: WilsonHog on September 27, 2007, 07:28:33 pm
It's 30-7 near the end of the first half.

Jumpin Joe be praying for rain again.
That's the new name, The Jumpin Joes (The JJ's for short)
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

THHAWG

gohogs

fourwheeldrive82

35-31 Arkansas State, its amazing what a passing game can do.

_Collin1

September 27, 2007, 09:01:21 pm #11 Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:06:35 pm by BigC51
And I was about to get P.O.'ed at the people on here saying Arkie State wouldnt cover the 4!
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

razornole

Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

slopinhogs

state is helping them fumble on the 11 ran back for td. fumbles and unts have killed stste.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Oliver

Quote from: fourwheeldrive82 on September 27, 2007, 09:00:14 pm
35-31 Arkansas State, its amazing what a passing game can do.

You mean being able to come back from a deficit?  Nah.

Teebow62

Arkansas State is making Arkansas football respectable!

midwestcityhog

September 27, 2007, 09:18:39 pm #17 Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:20:49 pm by midwestcityhog
memphis has the ball, 4th and 7, down by 4 points......  55 seconds, memphis uses last time out

HOLD EM, ASTATE!  4TH DOWN! 

UPDATE:  INCOMPLETE PASS!

ASTATE TAKES OVER ON DOWNS!

Will run out the clock, to win 35-31, after being down by 25 at the half!!!!!!!!!!!

hog gone it

Oliver

ASU fans can sleep well tonight knowing that they beat Memphis and that they have the best college coach in the state of Arkansas.

gohogs

Quote from: Oliver Miller on September 27, 2007, 09:20:01 pm
ASU fans can sleep well tonight knowing that they beat Memphis and that they have the best college coach in the state of Arkansas.

and probably best QB

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

budcampbellfan

WOOOOHOOO!  I am becoming an ASU fan.  They're winners!, winners and fighters!

Unlike our coaches and GOB's.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

David Brent

THHAWG

ASU and Arkansas may both be 2-2 this weekend, and ASU has yet to play a sunbelt team.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

WBChogfan

I think ASU has an excellent shot at the Sunbelt title this year.  It'll be hard to know the true champion because they don't play the other major contender in the Sunbelt, Arkansas.

Oliver

mclyte

Memphis Coach Tommy West gets the Houston nutt award... Blows a lead getting conservative!  Go stAte!

Oliver

Quote from: WBChogfan on September 27, 2007, 09:22:51 pm
I think ASU has an excellent shot at the Sunbelt title this year.  It'll be hard to know the true champion because they don't play the other major contender in the Sunbelt, Arkansas.

Maybe we'll play them in a bowl game.  To determine who the real Sun Belt champion really is.

snf6278

Must be nice to have a coach that can make a comeback and hold on to the win. Wonder what thats like? Also they're PBP guy puts chuckles to shame. How the hell is it that we are the best university in the state but we have the third best coach and PBP guy. Just makes me sick. Wish there was someway we could get Sully. He always shows excitement through out UCA's games. Sorry about the rant but I just can't take it anymore. :puke:

snf6278

Quote from: Oliver Miller on September 27, 2007, 09:23:54 pm

Maybe we'll play them in a bowl game.  To determine who the real Sun Belt champion really is.

To be honest I think We would turn the bowl down if that happened.

ExArky

It's probably time for Wilson to change the name of this thread ...

I was thinking ASU would probably do like Arkansas against Bama and throw away its big comeback.

silvertip

Here's a boxscore:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/boxscore?gid=200709270037&page=boxscore&refresh=30

I lucked out on my pick'em. Had Memphis the first time, ASU this time.

Funny thing, on their final TD, ASU had 1st & goal at the 4yd line. Passed twice, scored on a 2yd pass.  Shoot, our experts could have told them THAT wouldn't work.

hog gone it

corey leonard could do wonders for the hogs offense.  he is one tough kid and is a great leader.  mack brown was very impressed with him.

steve roberts is without a doubt the best coach in arkansas.  a-state will never be a threat to the razorbacks, but roberts has definitely brought this program back from the dead.

WBChogfan

Quote from: ExArky on September 27, 2007, 09:27:57 pm
It's probably time for Wilson to change the name of this thread ...

I was thinking ASU would probably do like Arkansas against Bama and throw away its big comeback.

Roberts > Nutt

Dwight_K_Shrute

September 27, 2007, 09:30:52 pm #36 Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:47:33 pm by Dwight_K_Shrute
I thought this was an Arkansas Razorbacks message board.  Shouldn't this be in the General Sports forum.

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ExArky

Quote from: hog gone it on September 27, 2007, 09:30:20 pm
corey leonard could do wonders for the hogs offense.  he is one tough kid and is a great leader.  mack brown was very impressed with him.

steve roberts is without a doubt the best coach in arkansas.  a-state will never be a threat to the razorbacks, but roberts has definitely brought this program back from the dead.

This year, anybody could be a threat to the Hogs on any given week

jerry

There leading rusher on the season (reggie Arnold) only had 9 yards on 3 carries.  I assume he went down early with an injury.

lookinupthehill

Sweet!!  Go stAte!  Bet ESPN is kicking themselves in the crotch for showing Boresie State's yawner....

Lanny

I expected Arkansas State to win but didn't think they would have to come from behind like this.

congratulations Indians.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

TR1

I bet Steve Roberts didn't run up the band ladder like a "nutt" and make a fool of himself!

budcampbellfan

Quote from: TR1 on September 27, 2007, 09:36:03 pm
I bet Steve Roberts didn't run up the band ladder like a "nutt" and make a fool of himself!
This is why it needs to be here and not in the general sports discussion.

riccoar

Quote from: Oliver Miller on September 27, 2007, 09:23:54 pm

Don't you know that would drive JFB crazy in his farewell season.

KY Hog Man

Quote from: budcampbellfan on September 27, 2007, 09:37:30 pm
Quote from: TR1 on September 27, 2007, 09:36:03 pm
This is why it needs to be here and not in the general sports discussion.

+1  You're absolutely right.

hog gone it

on the post game show was how upset he was with the way they played in the first half.  he was very humble and gave his team all the credit.  what a class act

our baffoon, would be screaming "i called that play brutha, i called a lot of good plays chuck"

budcampbellfan

We don't have a coach.  We have a coook, a nut.

Dwight_K_Shrute

September 27, 2007, 09:47:44 pm #47 Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 10:04:59 pm by Dwight_K_Shrute
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 27, 2007, 09:30:52 pm
I thought this was an Arkansas Razorbacks message board.  Shouldn't this be in the General Sports forum.

Man that got me 2 3 6 smites already.  I was just trying to help the Huggers out.  Since most of them are sitting in dark rooms listening to "Everybody Hurts" or studying their talking points for after the UNT game. 

That was usually their patented response when anyone would talk about Mitch, Gus, or Tulsa.  It was as predictable as Rick Pumpin Sunshine.  We can give them a hand up can't we, they are in a bad place right now.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

TR1

I heard some of the interview, did I here Coach Roberts say that although they won he chewed the
team out after the game, and that what he said would be left beihind closed doors?

If "The Dale" did that we would be running to Chucky to tell what he said! He would not leave it behind closed doors!

hog gone it

Quote from: TR1 on September 27, 2007, 09:49:08 pm
I heard some of the interview, did I here Coach Roberts say that although they won he chewed the
team out after the game, and that what he said would be left beihind closed doors?

If "The Dale" did that we would be running to Chucky to tell what he said! He would not leave it behind closed doors!

i believe he was talking about the halftime ass-chewing he gave his team.  he said that would stay behind closed doors.

who would have thought.  a-state's first 4 games  texas, smu, tennessee, memphis record 2-2

arkansas first 3 games  troy, alabama, kentucky   record 1-2

i think i will go throw up now.