Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Notable Games From Last Season

Started by The Hogfather, December 05, 2014, 03:25:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hogfather

I don't ever want to lose like we lost last night.  However, I started looking through good (not sure you could call Memphis good) teams' schedules from last year to see if there were notable losses that looked similar to the one we had last night.  Quickest search ever.  I didn't look through all of the good teams.  Here is what I found:

#1 seed Virginia lost by 35 @ Tennessee
#2 seed Michigan lost by 18 @ Indiana
                          lost by 14 in the Big 10 Tournament to Michigan State
                          lost by 7 @ Iowa State (I just threw this one in there)
#5 seed VCU lost by 18 against FSU
#5 seed Cincinnati lost by 17 against Xavier
                            lost by 21 @ SMU
#7 seed Connecticut (they won it all) lost by 33 in the AAC Tournament
#8 seed Kentucky lost by 19 @ Florida
#8 seed Memphis lost by 21 @ Oklahoma State
                          then beat Oklahoma State at home 73-68 (homecourt advantage)
                          lost by 16 against Cincinnati
                          lost by 15 @ SMU
                          lost by 19 to Connecticut in the AAC Tournament

JonClaudeVanHam

Yep, these games happen all year long. I'm still trying to process why people think the sky is falling.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Atlhogfan1

Well you could do this for just Mike's good teams through his career.  If the pattern holds, this won't be the only game that will end up like this.  Could be an uglier loss out there. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Breems

A couple of years ago, #2 Florida was down 23 to Arkansas (eventually cut it to 11). We weren't 50 points better than Ole Miss last year either.

Once you're out of a game, you're out. The margin is then subject to the environment and who's hot that night.

We haven't shown signs of cracks yet, and this team is still much better than anything we've seen since 2007. Losing @Clemson would be a cause for concern and would show real signs of cracks. 
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />