Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Second Highest

Started by bigred223, December 05, 2014, 12:22:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigred223

... shooting percentage for Iowa State in the last 10 years. Our defense was flat tonight (moreso in the first half), but they shot the lights out. They won't shoot that well again the rest of the year. It's not as bad as it seems, and we will take care of business against Clemson.

MojoHog

They put us down early and we just couldn't claw all the way back. Tough effort and I'm ready to see what we do at Clemson.
Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

Hogfaniam

15 lay up/dunks out of 50 shots. 
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

bigred223

Quote from: Hogfaniam on December 05, 2014, 04:36:09 am
15 lay up/dunks out of 50 shots.

No doubt our defense made some poor rotations, but the way they were knocking down jump shots was similar to the way we knocked them down against Ole Miss last year. They played a great game, but the point I'm trying to make is our season is far from finished. The only team we play on the road with that kind of talent the rest of the way is Kentucky. If we lose to Clemson, then that would be a cause for concern.

I could be overly optimistic - I obviously am biased towards the hogs - but I just got the feeling from the start that it was just one of those bad games that most teams (outside of final 4 caliber teams) experience at least once a year. We will find out soon enough.

bigred223

Quote from: MojoHog on December 05, 2014, 12:25:19 am
They put us down early and we just couldn't claw all the way back. Tough effort and I'm ready to see what we do at Clemson.

Me too. I expect that we will be ready to beat up on an inferior team. (I hope)

Who is our Coach?

Sometimes it's about the other team too.  Take nothing away from Iowa State.  A good team, playing at home, shoots 64%.  It's about what they did more than what we didn't do.  Credit to them for that.  We clawed back to shouting distance, but they closed the door.  On to Clemson.  That's a game we need to win. 

bigred223

Quote from: Who is our Coach? on December 05, 2014, 09:23:12 am
Sometimes it's about the other team too.  Take nothing away from Iowa State.  A good team, playing at home, shoots 64%.  It's about what they did more than what we didn't do.  Credit to them for that.  We clawed back to shouting distance, but they closed the door.  On to Clemson.  That's a game we need to win.

Absolutely. They played a great game.

North hog

53% 3pt...Always gives you a good chance to win.

hogsanity

Quote from: North hog on December 05, 2014, 09:52:25 am
53% 3pt...Always gives you a good chance to win.

when they are uncontested it is easier to make them.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

5-8 times a year we hear how some player or a whole team had a spectacular, record breaking, all time or close to all time, shooting game against the hogs.  It is what happens when a team or player is hot and continually left open. It i a product of the defense the hogs play and is NEVER going to change. It is a trade off for steals, deflections, and causing bad passes. Sometimes it is going to get the hogs buried.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Cresthog

Quote from: hogsanity on December 05, 2014, 10:09:46 am
5-8 times a year we hear how some player or a whole team had a spectacular, record breaking, all time or close to all time, shooting game against the hogs.  It is what happens when a team or player is hot and continually left open. It i a product of the defense the hogs play and is NEVER going to change. It is a trade off for steals, deflections, and causing bad passes. Sometimes it is going to get the hogs buried.

Dude you realize Jones DID NOT MISS A SHOT FROM THE FIELD?

That IS a record breaking, once in a season type game. The defense wasn't as flat as everyone is saying. ISU has a ton of ball handlers and shooters, any team is going to have a hard time with them. They're good and played a great game at home, Kansas would have had trouble beating them last night but FIRE BILL SELF.

Cresthog

Quote from: hogsanity on December 05, 2014, 10:07:47 am

Cmon man. Jones straight DRILLED a dagger three at around the 4-6 minutes mark in the 2nd half. Qualls or Bell was all over him. There's nothing you can do when a guy/the entire team is feeling it like they were. Sure some were left open, but we had plenty of open shots as well, they just went in more for ISU which is typical in a home gym.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on December 05, 2014, 10:07:47 am

this ^^^^ add in uncontested layups = our d was not very good last night
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

bigred223

I don't care if you've got all day, it's hard to hit 53% from 3 in a shootaround.

swinesation

Quote from: bigred223 on December 05, 2014, 09:13:48 pm
I don't care if you've got all day, it's hard to hit 53% from 3 in a shootaround.

Haha, true that. They were unconscious.

Horthawg

Do they come to Fayetteville next year?
Once a Hog-ALWAYS A HOG!

eusebius

Quote from: bigred223 on December 05, 2014, 09:13:48 pm

I don't know what level or what experience you have with shooting, but just to give you some perspective. Any college shooter worth his salt is going to hit about 65 or 70 percent of his shots in a shoot around unguarded. Hitting basically 1/2  from 3 pt range is no big feat. I think there needs to be a clear definition of what is meant by closely guarded and what a clean look is. Those looks the Iowa St guys got last night were for the most part open. There were some tough ones they hit, but for a major college player those are open looks. Major college players are very good and unless you are completely on their shooting hand on the catch, they are quick enough to get shots off. And even more so in the NBA.

These things I know: There's no doubt Gary Anderson was very underrated . . Ike Forte had the best number ever for a running back and the best thing about the option was that last second pitch right before the DE hits the quarterback.