Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I come in peace

Started by Peteypie, December 04, 2014, 10:21:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Peteypie

That was the best half of basketball ISU has played in a while, you ran into a buzzsaw, and I won't judge your team on that performance

Saying that, Portis is a legitimate NBA player, he caused us issues. 

I know this is not the true Arkansas, kind of like that was not the true ISU when we lost to Maryland.

Good luck to your team the rest of the way, I would love for this to be a top 15 rpi win, which I think it could be.

Dr. Starcs

You guys are definitely better. But hitting a crazy amount of uncontested shots isn't a buzz saw. Our coach is too stubborn to adjust and you have guys good enough to take advantage of that. Solid team.

razorbackkid

Your team whipped our team.  Great shooting.   Congrats on the win!!
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

hawgfan4life

I am no NBA scout but Portis lost credibility as an NBA prospect for me tonight.  He has struggled lately.  Needs to play faster, tougher, and develop a mean streak.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: hawgfan4life on December 04, 2014, 10:24:28 pm
I am no NBA scout but Portis lost credibility as an NBA prospect for me tonight.  He has struggled lately.  Needs to play faster, tougher, and develop a mean streak.

You are definitely not an NBA scout.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

PonderinHog

Y'all have a damn good team.  We didn't show up tonight.  Good luck this year.  Maybe we'll see you again.

Hogimus Prime

His lack of lateral quickness is being exposed.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Peteypie on December 04, 2014, 10:21:04 pm
That was the best half of basketball ISU has played in a while, you ran into a buzzsaw, and I won't judge your team on that performance

I know this is not the true Arkansas, kind of like that was not the true ISU when we lost to Maryland.

Good luck to your team the rest of the way, I would love for this to be a top 15 rpi win, which I think it could be.

Petie, you got a real good team. I think your tactics from Hoiberg were great. CMA should have given more minutes to Beard and the 1st half would have been different. Madden and Bell were well below average on the defensive end and we not making the impact on defensive that Beard and Watkins did.

HogsBalls

ISU is good but any team should be that good hitting wide open 3's.

40MINSOFHELL

Wish we could play y'all at BWA. Different outcome then but congrats on the win.

pigture perfect

I have spent some time around the Ames area. Salt of the earth kind of folks. Love em. That said, I think we were outplayed and outcoached. I would like a second chance in March on a Neutral court.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hawgey-Davidson

I dont want to make light of ISU's win, they were very impressive but we couldnt make shots when we needed to. Free throws missed could have given us a better chance to crawl back in. Yall made em, we didnt.

Mr.Pig

You guys have a good team and I was really impressed with Niang! Good luck the rest of the way.

Cycl1

I am also not an nba scout, but he impressed me. Big man with a very soft touch. He was drilling them tonight. Good game guys and good luck with the rest of your season.

Peteypie

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 04, 2014, 10:25:47 pm
Y'all have a damn good team.  We didn't show up tonight.  Good luck this year.  Maybe we'll see you again.

Honestly, I certainly hope not, as I think if we didn't start out hot the situation would be different.  If we do see each other again let's wait until the final 4

intelligence

Quote from: pigture perfect on December 04, 2014, 10:28:22 pm
I have spent some time around the Ames area. Salt of the earth kind of folks. Love em. That said, I think we were outplayed and outcoached. I would like a second chance in March on a Neutral court.
Out played, outcoached, outreffed.

Peteypie

Quote from: Mr.Pig on December 04, 2014, 10:29:39 pm
You guys have a good team and I was really impressed with Niang! Good luck the rest of the way.

He's kind of a soft euro type player.

Hogimus Prime

You're a class act.  Unlike some Mizzou fans.  I really thought this was going to be a high scoring back and forth game.  ISU took advantage of the lack of half court defense.  ISU came to play.  Props to ISU and the ISU fans.

-Blu

hamARchy in the USA

Peteypie

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on December 04, 2014, 10:39:00 pm
You're a class act.  Unlike some Mizzou fans.  I really thought this was going to be a high scoring back and forth game.  ISU took advantage of the lack of half court defense.  ISU came to play.  Props to ISU and the ISU fans.

I really did too, when we got ahead early, and were up at half and slowed it down, I honestly thought you'd get back in it, you did for a bit, but we luckily had an answer most times, I thought we slowed it down too much the second half that took us out of our comfort zone of transition offense.

Peteypie

Looking at your schedule.  Take care of Dayton and Clemson, and holy crap, your schedule is weak (no offense).  You could still be a 5 or less loss team, (any 5 or less loss team is a 6 seed or under usually)

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: Peteypie on December 04, 2014, 10:43:50 pm
I really did too, when we got ahead early, and were up at half and slowed it down, I honestly thought you'd get back in it, you did for a bit, but we luckily had an answer most times, I thought we slowed it down too much the second half that took us out of our comfort zone of transition offense.

Yall had an answer and that is what a good team does.  ISU has some good basketball players.  I don't think ISU is very quick at the 1-3 positions, but using Niang the way they do makes up for that.

Peteypie

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on December 04, 2014, 10:49:33 pm
Yall had an answer and that is what a good team does.  ISU has some good basketball players.  I don't think ISU is very quick at the 1-3 positions, but using Niang the way they do makes up for that.

I think we are quicker than you think at the 1-3, but regardless I don't think we are quicker than you.  We just happened to make shots, that's hoiball at it's finest. We did not have hoiball against Maryland.

SloppinItandLovnIt

Dude your guys won isnt there an ISU board you should be going back too?
Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

Peteypie

Quote from: SloppinItandLovnIt on December 04, 2014, 11:01:15 pm
Dude your guys won isnt there an ISU board you should be going back too?

Just waiting for my ISU legs to wear out.

Sorry, that isn't nice, I came in piece, I'm serious when I say I'm more impressed with Arkansas than I am with Maryland which we lost to.  I know you didn't play your best game.

SloppinItandLovnIt

Celebrate your win with your own just like we would. Stop selling ISU.
Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

Peteypie

Quote from: SloppinItandLovnIt on December 04, 2014, 11:03:00 pm
Celebrate your win with your own just like we would. Stop selling ISU.

Really not selling them.  I'm saying I know your team is better than that effort.  I think you guys should give Florida and UK fits.

SloppinItandLovnIt

And the word is Peace you came in peace. But backhanded compliments all the while gloating about the win isnt peace nor class. You weren't here before so unless you have interest in the hogs go discuss on your own board with people of like mind like it should be.

3kgthog

Quote from: Peteypie on December 04, 2014, 11:02:42 pm
Just waiting for my ISU legs to wear out.

Sorry, that isn't nice, I came in piece, I'm serious when I say I'm more impressed with Arkansas than I am with Maryland which we lost to.  I know you didn't play your best game.

That's pretty much our defense every game. We just hadn't played anyone good enough to take advantage of our glaring weaknesses. You'd beat us 9 out of 10 times at your home or a neutral court.

SloppinItandLovnIt

Quote from: intelligence on December 04, 2014, 11:10:33 pm
Don't feed the trolls

My mistake. I know I shouldnt have left those trollios on the counter.

Cycl1

SloppinItandLovnIt

Nah just the one. I was just being repremanded because you know if you feed one troll more will come. Your boy could learn a lesson from you.

Cycl1

Quote from: SloppinItandLovnIt on December 04, 2014, 11:17:01 pm
Nah just the one. I was just being repremanded because you know if you feed one troll more will come. Your boy could learn a lesson from you.
I am an isu fan. We have sucked long enough at most things that I know someone gloating is the last thing anyone wants to experience, and a good way to get banned and to have everyone hate you is to gloat on the other teams message board after a tough loss. I will gloat at my own site. Trolios sound delicious tho.

TMc

Surely to goodness we'll pound Florida this year - they suck (from what I've seen of them)

Peteypie

Quote from: SloppinItandLovnIt on December 04, 2014, 11:09:20 pm
And the word is Peace you came in peace. But backhanded compliments all the while gloating about the win isnt peace nor class. You weren't here before so unless you have interest in the hogs go discuss on your own board with people of like mind like it should be.

I was here in the thread that was closed by a mod for weeks.  I really do think you have a good team, sorry if it was unfounded to you.

PonderinHog

Quote from: SloppinItandLovnIt on December 04, 2014, 11:17:01 pm
Reprimanded.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: jce3227 on December 04, 2014, 11:45:34 pm
Florida is a road game, and they don't suck, by the time we match up with them, they may be ranked higher than us, because we're going to struggle in Athens again as well.
And let's not forget, our old coach rides on their bench, we're their Super Bowl game, like always.  So we will lose that game, and I would bet on it.
Some of this is spot on but we aren't Florida's "Super Bowl game." You have delusions of grandeur to believe otherwise. This game had somewhat of that significance during Pel's first year back there, but not since then.

FATHAWG08

ISU was everything I suspected, very well coach team , excellent spacing in their half court offense. &. bunch of great shooters,tonight anyway. I think this game could help us in the long run, if this team will let it. That atmosphere would make a lot a good teams look average. Nice home court advantage with their crowd. Very impressed with ISU.
I love off season Football!!

Peteypie

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on December 05, 2014, 12:14:56 am
ISU was everything I suspected, very well coach team , excellent spacing in their half court offense. &. bunch of great shooters,tonight anyway. I think this game could help us in the long run, if this team will let it. That atmosphere would make a lot a good teams look average. Nice home court advantage with their crowd. Very impressed with ISU.

Thank you, you guys are everything we thought too. Portis is for real

popcornhog

Lolz

Glad you're not a scout.

A career as a comedian maybe.
WPS

Peteypie

Quote from: popcornhog on December 05, 2014, 01:23:41 am
Lolz

Glad you're not a scout.

A career as a comedian maybe.

Ya, portis is a stud. Going to be a lucky NBA team next year.

Peteypie

He gained my cred, he hit mid-range, to long range shots with ease. At 6'11" that was impressive

Peteypie

oh wait,im supposed to be waiting for Biggus to tell me how you will wear ISU down, and how you are a faster offensive team.

Frank it, if that's how your mod's are, kick me now.  Nice to meet you others.

porkinsons disease

Congrats. You guys were the far superior team. Sorry that we laid an egg and couldn't give you a competitive game. We need to address some familiar issues with our team. Good luck the rest of the way.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

rwspear

was like

WTH

then i realized

most hipster comment of all time

i get it now

youre an idiot

HoopS

Some of those open shots were just bad D, but give credit to good ball movement on their part too.

JRHoward

State is the real thing...Congrats.  Good luck.   :razorback:
Woooo Pig!

McKdaddy

Good game by ISU, Pete
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on December 04, 2014, 10:26:04 pm
His lack of lateral quickness is being exposed.

Everybody knows Portis is not the best defensive player in the world. His strength's have always been offense and offensive rebounding. Kingsley's strength's are defensive and rebounding. That's why I think the should play more together because they compliment each other.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"