Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dear uneducated Football fans: nobody goes 38-0 in hoops.

Started by Arkansaspost1686, December 04, 2014, 10:05:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Smithian

Pretty sure most fan bases in America complain about their defense leaving shooters open. Every defense takes risks but sometimes they get burnt. Maybe someone could go to the fan base of the team with the lowest steals stats in the country and those fans will brag that they don't leave shooters open.

Cresthog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 05, 2014, 11:49:02 am
Bad year to say nobody goes undefeated. Kentucky might do it.

Heard that one before.

They're good, but they don't have an Anthony Davis.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Cresthog on December 05, 2014, 11:56:51 am
They're good, but they don't have an Anthony Davis.

Who may be the best player in basketball right now. Seriously, I'm not kidding one bit.

25.2 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 3.1 blks, 2.3 stls, 1.9 asts.

Smithian

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 05, 2014, 12:02:44 pm
Who may be the best player in basketball right now. Seriously, I'm not kidding one bit.

25.2 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 3.1 blks, 2.3 stls, 1.9 asts.
He is so good it is scary. Pelicans should be embarrassed they're wasting away around .500 with a player like that.

LJHOG

"nobody goes 38-0 in hoops"

You wrong. UCLA once won 88 in a so I'm pretty sure at one time they must have been 38-0.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Smithian on December 05, 2014, 12:04:47 pm
He is so good it is scary. Pelicans should be embarrassed they're wasting away around .500 with a player like that.

I thought putting Asik next to him was a great move. They'd probably be a Top 3 team in the East. The West is just loaded.

Smithian

Quote from: LJHOG on December 05, 2014, 12:08:52 pm
"nobody goes 38-0 in hoops"

You wrong. UCLA once won 88 in a so I'm pretty sure at one time they must have been 38-0.
Touche

demonHOG1013

UConn women went undefeated, more than once.  They play hoops.

Smithian

Pork Twain

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on December 05, 2014, 12:18:18 pm
UConn women went undefeated, more than once.  They play hoops.
We are talking real basketball here.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

GuvHog

Quote from: Arkansaspost1686 on December 04, 2014, 10:05:32 pm
Everyone loses.  Upsets happen. Nolan's top 10 team once lost to a junior college from Puerto Rico at home I think. 

I saw a first half down by 23 but we cut it to 11.  Guys didn't give up on the road at a tough arena with awful refs. Remember ISU was #10 in the country not too long ago.

The sky is not falling.  We can play defense.  We can win on the road.  Just not tonight.

If you came from MMQB to troll or whine  - go back.

Actually UCLA went undefeated several times under John Wooden but that was a different era. I wholeheartedly agree, the sky is definitely NOT falling.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HF#1

A little perspective...  UCONN lost a game by 33 and went on to win the NC...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

bighog2255

Quote from: Arkansaspost1686 on December 04, 2014, 10:05:32 pm
Everyone loses.  Upsets happen. Nolan's top 10 team once lost to a junior college from Puerto Rico at home I think. 

Incorrect. We lost to American-Puerto Rico in their tournament in Puerto Rico. And that was by no means a great team. That was the team that lost to Utah in the 2nd round of the tourney.

Otherwise, good points

imtad16

Quote from: jry04 on December 04, 2014, 10:27:49 pm
It was not at home. They have not lost at home to a non conference opponent since 2011.

I stand corrected. I honestly didn't realize that was in KC. I just saw on their schedule that they were the home team. Still though that was a game that most thought they would have won and especially were not planning to get handled like they did.

Quote from: bigred223 on December 04, 2014, 10:41:04 pm
Don't confuse people with facts. If it doesn't fit their agenda, then it can't be true.

haha this was a very strong response. I didn't realize I had an agenda. Thanks for pointing it out for me though.

hawkhawg

Quote from: bighog2255 on December 05, 2014, 02:06:45 pm
Incorrect. We lost to American-Puerto Rico in their tournament in Puerto Rico. And that was by no means a great team. That was the team that lost to Utah in the 2nd round of the tourney.

Otherwise, good points

That wasn't a great team but it was a pretty good team. Ran into a very good Utah team.

lefty08

Quote from: Knot2brite on December 04, 2014, 11:58:05 pm
But there has to be a plan b when plan a isn't working...if pressure isn't causing turnovers there is always playing half court defense ...we simply do not show the ability to do that and have not in many years...

The plan typically doesn't start to work until the final 10 minutes of play. That's why we stick with it, has nothing to do with stubbornness. Mike has forgotten more about basketball than we will ever know
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I haven't watched enough hogs hoops lately to know.  Tried to watch them a couple games ago. Don't remember who they were playing to be quite honest.  I turned it off.  They make me nervous from start to finish. Still painful to watch.

Glad they seem to be improved.  Record would certainly indicate they are.

I used to love all hoops, but refuse to watch NBA and very few college teams I will sit down and watch. Syracuse, Louisville, KY, and Duke I will watch consistently.  Not a huge fan of any of those teams, but like the way they play and are coached. KY being the exception. Dunno that there is any great coaching going on there, but jeez a Lou the players he gets every year.
Let's make some waves.

East TN HAWG

Jordan was leading UNC to a undefeated season until Mr. Balentine got in the way.