Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just ONE time

Started by hogsgolfpro, December 04, 2014, 09:42:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsgolfpro

I would like to see freaking Kingsley and Portis in at the same time!!!!!! The attention they would draw inside would open up the outside game and theoretically help rebounding...

Arazorbackguy1

That would require strategy
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Dr. Starcs

Hawgey-Davidson

hogfan10

Quote from: hogsgolfpro on December 04, 2014, 09:42:08 pm
I would like to see freaking Kingsley and Portis in at the same time!!!!!! The attention they would draw inside would open up the outside game and theoretically help rebounding...

It would especially be nice in road games like tonight when the opponent can handle our pressure, and are also capable of making FTs after we continue to foul with ineffective pressure.

JonClaudeVanHam

You guys act like that's would've helped tonight. It wouldn't have. ISU would have eaten us alive even more. When we play a team like LSU or UK, Portis and Kingsley should damn well play together. Tonight it just made no sense to do that.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Hogimus Prime

reddogjcss

Go to Mick uped and ask Coach M

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Danny J

It needs to happen more. Portis is simply not capable of playing low post defense. He is out of position a lot. Need Kingsley in the starting and finishing lineup with Portis. I would have Harris and Williams off the bench.

rude1

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on December 04, 2014, 10:11:24 pm
You guys act like that's would've helped tonight. It wouldn't have. ISU would have eaten us alive even more. When we play a team like LSU or UK, Portis and Kingsley should damn well play together. Tonight it just made no sense to do that.
^^^That. You are just throwing things against the wall to see if they stick if you think playing MK with BP would have did anything other than make it worse. They had us spread out and you would have been forcing either BP or MK to attempt to constantly guard on the perimeter, not a good idea against a team that's tearing it up from behind the arc.

RazorPiggie

I would like to know why Kingsley only played 8 mins.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on December 04, 2014, 10:13:35 pm
Already happened against Iona.

For a few minutes along with Qualls, Madden and Babb.  It worked, but it probably won't ever happen in a road game. 

Portis, Thompson and Harris saw the court at the same time and I liked it, but probably won't see it again

hogsanity

Just one time I'd like to see the hogs stop leaving red hot shooters wide open. But that would alter the "system".
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogfan10

Quote from: rude1 on December 04, 2014, 10:15:17 pm
^^^That. You are just throwing things against the wall to see if they stick if you think playing MK with BP would have did anything other than make it worse. They had us spread out and you would have been forcing either BP or MK to attempt to constantly guard on the perimeter, not a good idea against a team that's tearing it up from behind the arc.

If we're in a zone they don't have to guard on the perimeter. They were able to spread us out because we were in a man defense, and whoever Portis or Kingsley was guarding was capable of playing away from the basket. At times ISU had no one in the paint on offense, but they weren't just shooting outside (they were killing us with the dribble drive too).

intelligence

Quote from: hogsanity on December 04, 2014, 10:18:40 pm
Just one time I'd like to see the hogs stop leaving red hot shooters wide open. But that would alter the "system".
I'm starting to wonder just what exactly the "system" is.

HognitiveDissonance

I've thought that forever.

I'm quite shocked how few minutes Kingsley gets. I don't get it.

Portis is a stretch forward anyway and Moses is a natural center so they complement each other very well. I don't get it.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: jce3227 on December 04, 2014, 11:50:18 pm
You will see them together against KY, KY is the tallest team in CBB.  And we will probably play them at least 2 x this yr.
Actually UC Irvine is the tallest team in CBB this season. Js

spahoopsfan

Quote from: rude1 on December 04, 2014, 10:15:17 pm
Mike has them there now.  How many times to you see Portis or Kingsley playing defense at the top of the key against a guard.  Answer, too often.

Breems

There has been statistical analysis on this which has been posted here several times. I doubt anyone is going to keep regurgitating it.

In short, factors come into play besides the fact that they're both tall. I believe that even during their brief time together against Iona things didn't go well.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

mhuff

December 05, 2014, 02:23:08 pm #20 Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 02:41:21 pm by mhuff

I have been crying for Portis and Kingsley to play together since last year. If MA plays them together and it works to our benefit, it would just show that he was wrong last year and so far this year. The announcers last night as well as other nights have said that they would play them together. Of course they don't know anything as well as we who keep lamenting the obvious talent that should be playing together. Such a waste of talent.

Look we didn't lose because Porter and Kingsley didn't play together. We lost because near the end of the first half our opponent was shooting 68%. As the announcers said, "We didn't play half court defense." Diang made every single one of our players look really bad. I said before the game we had to play defense and not turn the ball over. Oh well. At least MA called some timeouts and tried to get some order. We edged back into the game ,and then we had some players go absolutely crazy and  turned the ball over by running over three people at a time or making wild passes. It completely changed the momentom of the game. I will really compliment one player..... Harris..... he was money. He is one player that I hoped wouldn't shoot a 3 all year long. Not only did he hit a couple but also refrained from taking some poor shots. He also drove to the basket without turning in over or running over 10 people. Atta boy Harris ..... Great play..... I hope this showed him that he could really contribute to the team if he played within himself and team goals.

Look that was one game. I would like to have seen MA with a better game plan to stop Niang. We just kept on doing the SOS. I would have rather seen backside help or double or triple team if necessary. What could have been the result?....... that he would score on us..... Well he did.

Practically the whole team played really , really poor defense.... Perhaps our coach and team will learn from this. What they did last night will not cut it with the better teams...... nor the fouling..... I would have really liked to see them foul more the first half. First, if someone is going to score, foul them and make them make it on the FT line. My old coach always said, " If you can't guard your man, foul him. Then you will foul out and we will put in someone that wants to play defense."

I think this loss will benefit us. It needs to if we are going to meet our goals. Plus, we know the refs are gonna get us on the road. Gotta play better defense and not turn the ball over.

HogBreath

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on December 04, 2014, 11:35:35 pm
I've thought that forever.

I'm quite shocked how few minutes Kingsley gets. I don't get it.

Portis is a stretch forward anyway and Moses is a natural center so they complement each other very well. I don't get it.
I don't think you'se guys understand the wonderful system.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

code red

I'd like to see it until one of them fouls out.....something has to be done to improve our ability to be physical.  Notice I didn't say more physical.  I don't think we could be any less than what I saw last night.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

mhuff

Quote from: code red on December 05, 2014, 02:38:07 pm
I'd like to see it until one of them fouls out.....something has to be done to improve our ability to be physical.  Notice I didn't say more physical.  I don't think we could be any less than what I saw last night.

One more reason why Thompson needs to get experience.