Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Until we learn to go inside out we are toast

Started by Piglet Dispersion Syndrome, December 04, 2014, 09:09:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

I really thought with how Portis has improved that we'd actually have a player that you had to
Double team on the block. Then work inside out to your shooters. I just don't understand our offense I guess.

The other thing so far tonight, we are so tight it is unreal. When I saw Manny Watkins throw up that brick of a free throw when he has been money all year tells you that these guys are just mentally shook up.

Let's hope this is a valuable experience that helps us in conference. You learn more from your mistakes right? We have it in spades tonight.

chortle

Worked with Miller, Day and Mayberry.

Worked with Williamson, Thurman and Beck.

MA hasn't figured it out. Not sure at this point he's gonna.

acepoker

We get down and fold. We are not competitive enough. Until we hate losing we will remain an emotional team; still an improved team.

ballz2thewall

there's no one inside to throw it to.

i was gonna mention this.

we really don't have an inside game.  NO ONE ever posts up and takes it to the rack or anywhere near. not on a worked play, anyway. some trash maybe but that's it.
The rest of the frog.

Knot2brite

We don't have a solid post player. Portis is a great four but we don't have a dominate low post threat....and we haven't had in a loooong time
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Knot2brite on December 04, 2014, 09:15:13 pm
We don't have a solid post player. Portis is a great four but we don't have a dominate low post threat....and we haven't had in a loooong time

we got dan skipper
The rest of the frog.

Knot2brite

LSPRazorbac

I grew up on Nolan's 40 minutes of hell.  Cut my teeth on Razorback basketball with May/Day and the Big O.

With Nolan, we were at our best when we attacked the rim.  We struggled when we were forced to shoot jump shots.

This team seems to look for the quickest jump shot they can find and take it.

It baffles me.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: theenemy on December 04, 2014, 09:21:42 pm
I grew up on Nolan's 40 minutes of hell.  Cut my teeth on Razorback basketball with May/Day and the Big O.

With Nolan, we were at our best when we attacked the rim.  We struggled when we were forced to shoot jump shots.

This team seems to look for the quickest jump shot they can find and take it.

It baffles me.

like knot2 mentioned; we don't have the beef. 
The rest of the frog.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: ballz2thewall on December 04, 2014, 09:23:13 pm

Ok, slash and cut to the basket then, but we got to find more points in the paint.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: theenemy on December 04, 2014, 09:24:58 pm
Ok, slash and cut to the basket then, but we got to find more points in the paint.

yep. agreed.
The rest of the frog.

Knot2brite

Now Kingsley just made a great low post move...and drew a foul...go figure

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Knot2brite on December 04, 2014, 09:27:58 pm

jumpball on their phone?
The rest of the frog.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: ballz2thewall on December 04, 2014, 09:23:13 pm
We have to get the players. That is year 7 in the 10 year plan.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Quote from: Knot2brite on December 04, 2014, 09:27:58 pm

See how easy it is when u have to double post man? Maybe Kingsley is the answer in the post. Leave Portis at the 4.

Knot2brite

Quote from: Piglet Dispersion Syndrome on December 04, 2014, 09:34:17 pm
See how easy it is when u have to double post man? Maybe Kingsley is the answer in the post. Leave Portis at the 4.
I am not against that at all...I can't figure out why we haven't done that the whole time

Cavtastic Voyage

Portis is our best player. He's the best player on the floor. When the rest of the team will figure that out is the question. Sammy Watkins is out of control. We cant make free throws.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Knot2brite on December 04, 2014, 09:38:24 pm
I am not against that at all...I can't figure out why we haven't done that the whole time

yep. kingsley's always been straighter to the rack. portis fades basically every time. and that's cool but we need the opposite.
The rest of the frog.

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

code red

We are a finesse team..... I am sick of it too.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

LRHawg

Laid down and had a good bleed tonight. This team is mentally not ready for big road games.

WoodyHog

Quote from: Piglet Dispersion Syndrome on December 04, 2014, 09:09:29 pm
I really thought with how Portis has improved that we'd actually have a player that you had to
Double team on the block. Then work inside out to your shooters. I just don't understand our offense I guess.

The other thing so far tonight, we are so tight it is unreal. When I saw Manny Watkins throw up that brick of a free throw when he has been money all year tells you that these guys are just mentally shook up.

Let's hope this is a valuable experience that helps us in conference. You learn more from your mistakes right? We have it in spades tonight.

We played fine on the offensive end (especially in light of the very limited fast break opportunities).  Offense has looked good all season.  The loss tonight falls squarely on the defense.  I don't think we are used to playing teams that are skilled enough to consistently exploit tight man defense.  Iowa St. did just that tonight because every man on the floor could handle the ball and they were making us pay by hitting every open shot.  They are a good team though, who was hot on their home court (we should be very familiar with that story), so I don't think it is worth over reacting.  I was impressed with the heart we showed in the second half -- the team fought until the end.

Paul

Quote from: ballz2thewall on December 04, 2014, 09:14:05 pm
there's no one inside to throw it to.

i was gonna mention this.

we really don't have an inside game.  NO ONE ever posts up and takes it to the rack or anywhere near. not on a worked play, anyway. some trash maybe but that's it.
. I'll have to disagree with you.  I think Moses can become a very good post player if taught fundamentals

Paul

Quote from: WoodyHog on December 04, 2014, 11:12:04 pm
We played fine on the offensive end (especially in light of the very limited fast break opportunities).  Offense has looked good all season.  The loss tonight falls squarely on the defense.  I don't think we are used to playing teams that are skilled enough to consistently exploit tight man defense.  Iowa St. did just that tonight because every man on the floor could handle the ball and they were making us pay by hitting every open shot.  They are a good team though, who was hot on their home court (we should be very familiar with that story), so I don't think it is worth over reacting.  I was impressed with the heart we showed in the second half -- the team fought until the end.
they looked to be better individual players beating our guys off the dribble & we're definitely the better team.  Sad but true.

rude1

Great idea!!!!! Only one problem though, we don't have anyone with a back to the basket low post game. If you haven't been paying attention, Portis scores most of his points facing the basket. So sorry that sounds good but not applicable here.

Quote from: rude1 on December 04, 2014, 11:21:54 pm
Great idea!!!!! Only one problem though, we don't have anyone with a back to the basket low post game. If you haven't been paying attention, Portis scores most of his points facing the basket. So sorry that sounds good but not applicable here.

Yeah no kidding try reading the post instead of the title.