Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help, ticket questions

Started by Nuclearhog, December 04, 2014, 11:56:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuclearhog

I have never been to Bud Walton, though I don't miss a game.  Would like to take my wife to the Dayton game.  Looking on stub hub, they have tickets from nose bleed to wallet bleed.  I would love for her(and me) to really experience the game.  Should I pay top dollar for section 101 row 14, or 135 row 1, or can the hog experience be had anywhere in Bud Walton?

Any advise is very appreciated. Love Hogville

BRHogfan

I used to be in the band and we sat in one of the corner sections and had a great time enjoying the atmosphere of the arena.  The baseline and lower corner sections are affordable and just as much fun.  I've sat in an upper corner before and didn't enjoy it as much. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: Nuclearhog on December 04, 2014, 11:56:48 am
I have never been to Bud Walton, though I don't miss a game.  Would like to take my wife to the Dayton game.  Looking on stub hub, they have tickets from nose bleed to wallet bleed.  I would love for her(and me) to really experience the game.  Should I pay top dollar for section 101 row 14, or 135 row 1, or can the hog experience be had anywhere in Bud Walton?

Row 1 isn't really Row 1. That is the [CENSORED] of permanent seating, but the pull out bleachers are letters and are closer.

I would look on Hogville for people selling tickets in the Ticket forum. Will usually get good seats without the extra fees.

The_Iceman

If you did have to sit in the upper deck at BWA, you won't be disappointed. It is fantastic for the size of the arena. I sat there for the LSU game last year and you feel much closer than you think.

Smithian

Upper deck seating really isn't that bad. Don't break the bank for lower level seating.

BRHogfan

Quote from: Smithian on December 04, 2014, 12:25:29 pm
Upper deck seating really isn't that bad. Don't break the bank for lower level seating.

For Dayton

Upper Deck seating is going for $20

Lower Deck seating is going for $40

Smithian

Quote from: BRHogfan on December 04, 2014, 12:30:10 pm
For Dayton

Upper Deck seating is going for $20

Lower Deck seating is going for $40
I say upper deck and spend the rest on a good meal.

cbhawg03

I would buy upper deck and you will probably be able to move to the lower part. Just look at attendance figures, it could be different since football is over and the game is on a Saturday though.

Nuclearhog

Thanks guys, really appreciate the advise, I'll check out the ticket forum, didn't know about that.  I think I'll go upper deck.  Hogville's the best

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Nuclearhog on December 04, 2014, 12:34:33 pm
Thanks guys, really appreciate the advise, I'll check out the ticket forum, didn't know about that.  I think I'll go upper deck.  Hogville's the best

You should be able to buy them on Hogville, craigslist, or even outside the stadium. We won't be selling out the Bud for a noncon game like that. Don't mess with stubhub, it is NOT  a reflection of what tickets are actually going for. It's a reflection of what people that aren't as worried about money will pay for them.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Nuclearhog on December 04, 2014, 12:34:33 pm

Also, if you are in the upper deck, keep an eye out for seats in the lower deck that don't fill up. If the same seat is still not filled by mid-way thru the first half, go take it. More people in the lower bowl the better it looks on TV.

Hawg Red

Quote from: cbhawg03 on December 04, 2014, 12:33:00 pm
I would buy upper deck and you will probably be able to move to the lower part. Just look at attendance figures, it could be different since football is over and the game is on a Saturday though.

This is my plan if I'm not able to secure some good free seats from a vendor I work with.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Hawg Red on December 04, 2014, 02:23:32 pm
This is my plan if I'm not able to secure some good free seats from a vendor I work with.

Sup HawgRed, haven't seen you in Jump Ball in awhile. How you been doing?

Hawg Red

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on December 04, 2014, 02:59:41 pm
Sup HawgRed, haven't seen you in Jump Ball in awhile. How you been doing?

Good. Glad bball season is finally getting into full swing. Could be a big year for the Hogs. Ready to see the Hogs live for the first time this season next Saturday.

razorshark

http://www.teamonetickets.com/seating-chart/bud-walton-arena-map.html
I love the smell of napalm in the morning
http://rs218.pbsrc.com/albums/cc30/razorshark50/Napalm.jpg~c100

chenalhog

Walk up to arena  there be tickets for sale everywhere
also ticket office has over 8,000 tickets for sale

claycohog

Walk up 30 minutes before tipoff and buy tickets from a season ticket holder.  I guarantee you will be lower level and you will pay less money.

We went 0 for whatever in conference play in football yet still had 60,000 in the stands no matter who the opponent was in the last 3 years yet we can't get 8000 fans to show up to watch a ranked college basketball team.  Sign of the times.  You should have no worries going to any basketball and getting to sit lower level.

wholehog92

Quote from: claycohog on December 04, 2014, 04:36:13 pm
Walk up 30 minutes before tipoff and buy tickets from a season ticket holder.  I guarantee you will be lower level and you will pay less money.

We went 0 for whatever in conference play in football yet still had 60,000 in the stands no matter who the opponent was in the last 3 years yet we can't get 8000 fans to show up to watch a ranked college basketball team.  Sign of the times.  You should have no worries going to any basketball and getting to sit lower level.

It is crazy.  I've got good tix for both and I think the atmosphere for basketball in the Bud is more of a draw than either football stadium.  I love going to the Arena to watch this team.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

WorfHog

If you can get into the arena, scope it ut for the first few minutes of the half then move up.  At the Wake Forest game I had good tickets (Row H) and there were a ton of empty seats around me. People started coming down and it made the game more fun.

My advice, just get in the door.