Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Impressed You the Most?

Started by farfromgroovins, November 15, 2015, 07:20:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

Pig In The City

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: redeye on November 16, 2015, 12:28:46 am
If I had to pick one, though, it would probably be that our players didn't get intimidated and rose up to the challenge of playing LSU in Death Valley at night.  I think the mental game is a huge part of football and they handled it like champions.
Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on November 15, 2015, 08:49:31 pm
Glad you are getting on board Shanon.

Thanks.  Always on board with the team, but after the start we had - one starts wondering about preparation and motivation, which are the coach's job.  It's difficult to really know what is going on in the locker room, and I had concerns about how well the coaches were doing that.  But ALL of those have been answered.  Coaches can only do so much, once the game starts.  The players are finally doing all the things they've been asked to do:  play with heart and confidence, focus on execution and play as a team(each one doing his job on each play).
They have really starteddd

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

VictoryRedChevy

Our Swagger in "Death Valley".

That game was NEVER in doubt.  :razorback:

CattleCorn

Our ability to learn how to pass rush and tackle the QB in one week's time.

riccoar

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on November 15, 2015, 08:32:03 pm
THIS is exactly what I believe CBB is starting to get much better at.
No doubt.  This team's tackling the last two games versus what we saw at Toledo were night and day.  Any time you go into Death Valley at night and win, it's huge.  To do it when they are ranked in the Top 10 is over the top huge.  We punched LSU in the mouth and never quit.

jkstock04

It would be easy to say the overall defensive effort...especially considering we were a week removed from Ole Miss taking it to our defense...the idea of stuffing LSU and holding Fornette to under 100 yards seemed like a fantasy.

But for myself? I'm gonna go with the O-line. Here's a group of guys that have been heavily criticized this season (IMO for good reason). Of all the negatives this season the O-line play is what I have been the most critical of, because they are supposed to be the #1 strength of this team.

Well, Saturday night they were. We rushed for almost 300 yards...and they were opening up huge holes all night long. They were a dominant force putting hat on hat and there was little LSU could do about it. I only wish we could've seen this type of effort at the beginning of the year. Hopefully this type of play carries on and we finish out the regular season with 8 wins.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

PorkRinds

What impressed me the most is that our guys got an early lead and never lost it. This team, earlier in the season or last year, would have started getting as nervous as me when lsu cut it to one score.  But they didn't this game. They put their foot on lsu's throat and turned it on instead of letting them get back in the game. They've tapped into that killer instinct.

Randy Johnson

Quote from: elksnort on November 15, 2015, 07:27:39 pm
Brandon Allen has simply got over the hump. He will mess up before the year is up, but that's part of the game. He can make the play at ant time in the game now. Mentally, he's crossed the hurdle. I am thrilled for him.

AFWarrior83

What has impressed me the most has been the balance we've had on offense.  We've talked about it for years, but it's never been there up until the Auburn game really.

We all knew the run game would come around eventually, but BA and the receivers are playing at an elite level IMO.  I wouldn't be surprised if BA is voted first team all SEC at the end of the year based off how well he's played as of late.

It was also good to see the defense playing up to everyone's expectations.  I was worried after the Ole Miss game, but tackling was much improved against LSU.

I'm confident that this team can win out including our bowl game.  Arkansas is probably the hottest team in the nation right now after beating two ranked teams on the road.  It's just too bad it takes 1/2 the season for us to find a rythem.
Hogville member since 2005.

daBoar

299 rushing yards against the Tigers, and they had less than 100.  I had expected something closer to the opposite.  Talk about balance and flexibility one week to the next.  Very impressive.

MJ2

Constant pressure by the defense on their QB.   Our domination of both the Off and Def line of scrimmage.    Didn't expect that at all.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: SultanofSwine on November 15, 2015, 07:35:11 pm
The speed and efficiency their fans displayed leaving the stadium.

I've been around the block a few times, but that was the emptiest stadium I've ever seen.  Far more Hog than Tiger fans at the end. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on November 15, 2015, 07:29:07 pm
3 way tie between OLine, pass rush and AC going 80 yds to pay dirt

This ^^^^^^^^
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

younghog

GO HOGS

Cinco de Hogo

Impressive win for sure, maybe a top five win since we have been in the SEC.

While the game was in progress the one thing for me was the constant pressure from our d-line.  We finally "Flowered" an opposing o-line.  Wise was a one man wrecking machine and he enjoyed the heck out of it. 

Overal this was a team win, coaches and players came together for a glorious win.  Oh their are lots of individuals that could be singled out but really that was the diffinition of a team win.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Arkansas' d-line and Alex Jetplane Collins.

Maximus Tusk

Quote from: farfromgroovins on November 15, 2015, 07:20:34 pm
Running game?

Defense stepping up and the DEs getting pressure on the QB ALL NIGHT?

Speed of our WRs on those TD runs?

Play calling?

What impressed me the most was the Hogs not flinching when LSU made it a 7pt game after the opening 2nd half drive. Those 2 drives (one at the end of the 1st half and the opening 2nd drive half) had me worried that the kittens had us figured out but the D stood tall and the O kept punching them in the mouth.

What impressed you the most?
The pressure put on their QB and tackling.

Also, and this is off topic but I've been off the grid for a bit...what happened to OTR?

Biggus Piggus

The defensive line and linebacker play impressed me, but I cannot praise them without mentioning Alex Collins, Dominique Reed, and Jared Cornelius.

Collins's breakaway touchdown run showed another level of speed. Who breaks off long touchdown runs against LSU? That was world class.

Reed looks more amazing every week, and he has to scare opponents as a kick returner. That touchdown catch and run Reed ripped off was one of the most impressive individual plays I can remember a Razorback making. Guys like McFadden and Gary Anderson did stuff like that. Not many others, if any.

Cornelius's touchdown -- I don't see how the kid kept his composure after scoring. He freaking broke his arm in two, back in September. Awful injury. I had a daughter do the same thing in gymnastics, and she never returned (took up martial arts instead, after a year layoff). What a complete comeback, and to score on a long run in Baton Rouge! Great moment.

The Dline and linebackers racked up impressive plays. Deatrich Wise looked bigger than life. Cannot imagine how Brandon Harris felt like with that great raptor descending toward him over and over.

As great as the defense looked most of the time, this game made it clear that Arkansas has a QB, RB and multiple WRs and TEs who rank among the best in the SEC.
[CENSORED]!

Vantage 8 dude

There were a ton of things, on both sides of the ball I might add, that impressed me the other night. However, perhaps the MOST visible one was the marked improvement in both the pass rush; AND even more importantly, the tackling was so much fundamentally better and more secure. The OM game was a perfect example of what NOT to do if a defense actually wants to shut down the opponent's offense and limit their time and opportunities to score. On the other hand, the LSU was pretty much a clinic in what TO DO if you want to actually accomplish that mission.   

Deep Shoat

I like the way we fix last weeks problems.  Against Ole Miss, we couldn't tackle them if they stood still.  The next game, against the best tackle shedder in the country, we limit the broken tackles and his effectiveness brilliantly.
All Gas, No Brakes!

tbhogfan

For me:
AC:  Beat up, throwin up, hurt, runs for 144 against LSU.  There's tough, and then there's AC tough.

OL:  Tremendous push from the LOS, and very good pass protection.

Dominique Reed: The game breaker we have needed at WR.

Defense:  Most complete game of the year.   Held a great player in Fournette in check.

Team: Back to back SEC road wins against ranked opponents. 

Go Hogs!

WMHawgfan

Honestly I loved the reverse to JC. After the play the camera's caught some corndog with a  WTH look on his face that was just priceless. I will remember that face for a long time and laugh.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 16, 2015, 08:53:41 am
I've been around the block a few times, but that was the emptiest stadium I've ever seen.  Far more Hog than Tiger fans at the end. 

This is true.  With about 5 minutes to go there was nobody left in the section I was sitting in except myself, my wife and about 5 Arkansas fans and ONE LSU fan.  We were sitting in LSU season ticket holders section.  I looked across the stadium and could not believe how empty it was.  Unbelievable. 
Retired Radio Host

trphog

The speed shown by Reed, Cornelius, and Collins against the speed of LSU!

Hogs-n-Roses

Just a few weeks ago the LSU offensive line was heralded as their team strength(outside LF). From play 1 to the finish that line was on roller skates. Our D line got under their pads and shoved them back with authority ythen didn't let Harris break contain. A +   
Line backers were awesome and Dre should be freshman All American. Has 80 + tackles, many other nice stats of which I'm not sure of so I won't go there. Plays with power. Ellis is just Ellis. The man. Greaty heady football player wit a nose for the ball.  A
Depth Our reserves are getting the job done also. Gaining valuable playing time/experience and with little to no drop off.
Secondary is banged up andf doesn't match up well with the big n tall recievers but are getting the job done anyway. Ithink they're playing physical and a smart physical where they're getting some penalties but not that many.They're turning to  the ball better on single coverage and the safeties are laying some wood. A-,B+

Overall defensive grade Sat. nite A-

Great job coaches!

ATLHog

Quote from: VictoryRedChevy on November 16, 2015, 07:08:56 am
Our Swagger in "Death Valley".

That game was NEVER in doubt.  :razorback:
Man, I was going to say defense's intensity and focus but this is hard to top-

threeNout

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 16, 2015, 11:53:38 am

That touchdown catch and run Reed ripped off was one of the most impressive individual plays I can remember a Razorback making. Guys like McFadden and Gary Anderson did stuff like that. Not many others, if any.

made basically the same point at the bottom of page one.   exceptional ability we have enjoyed only occasionally.

Big Boi

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 16, 2015, 02:13:34 pm
This is true.  With about 5 minutes to go there was nobody left in the section I was sitting in except myself, my wife and about 5 Arkansas fans and ONE LSU fan.  We were sitting in LSU season ticket holders section.  I looked across the stadium and could not believe how empty it was.  Unbelievable.
Watching at home it was a spectacle to see all the yellow empty spaces. 

Arkfan

The defense holding Fournetter under 100.

Hey Super

As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

GolfnHog

The fact that CBB, staff and players went in there and totally dominated a top 10 team. Enos last called pass play that ended the game after Les burned a timeout was a "take that big boy" moment & Enos' smile after the completion. Complete satisfaction
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Duke of Swine

Hearing our band play the second 1/2 - would not have expected to hear Hog fans or our band in Death Valley at night - we KILLED Death Valley.......

reddogjcss

Impressed with D yes but mostly impressed with how entire team and each individual player played.

Pigsknuckles

It impressed me how quickly the corn dogs emptied the stadium in the 3rd quarter. looked like an airplane evacuation drill.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Hoggish1

PorkSoda

Quote from: tbhogfan on November 16, 2015, 01:04:48 pm
For me:
AC:  Beat up, throwin up, hurt, runs for 144 against LSU.  There's tough, and then there's AC tough.

OL:  Tremendous push from the LOS, and very good pass protection.

Dominique Reed: The game breaker we have needed at WR.

Defense:  Most complete game of the year.   Held a great player in Fournette in check.

Team: Back to back SEC road wins against ranked opponents. 

you can tell fournette is a beast, but we did a good job containing him and minimizing his big plays.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Duke of Swine on November 16, 2015, 06:13:09 pm
Hearing our band play the second 1/2 - would not have expected to hear Hog fans or our band in Death Valley at night - we KILLED Death Valley.......
I was definitely impressed hearing the hog call in death valley at night.  our fans were louder than theirs.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

FATHAWG08

They were ready to take care of business. The confidence of the team & staff. They had that look & were prepared for anything. Most impressive game as a Hog fan I've seen the Hog play in looooong time #wehogs.
I love off season Football!!

Uberanubis

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 15, 2015, 07:30:56 pm
Most complete game of defense played all year.
this. this impressed me. the 2 scoring drives need work and should be teaching tools, but overall the d gets a B+
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.