Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why no pictures from spain

Started by outlawhogeywells, August 13, 2016, 03:09:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

outlawhogeywells

I hear we have two official photogs on the trip,but I don't see any pics.

azhog10

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on August 13, 2016, 03:09:07 pm
I hear we have two official photogs on the trip,but I don't see any pics.
I think quite a few people like that, including Dudley, are more enjoying the trip than working.

HOGINTENNESSEE

HardingHog

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hogwood

Or highlights? The highlights we have had have been minimal. You'd think they would want to be promoting this team..

HardingHog

hogwood

Quote from: HardingHog on August 14, 2016, 10:51:29 pm
https://twitter.com/RazorbackMBB/status/764928177709977600

I'm excited to see another high flyer in BWA this season

Bailey looks physically stronger, with perhaps even better hops than Qualls. Probably an inch taller too.

010HogFan

Very disappointed in the overall lack of coverage we got from this whole trip.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: 010HogFan on August 15, 2016, 08:21:32 am
Agreed
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hogwood

Quote from: 010HogFan on August 15, 2016, 08:21:32 am

Especially being that there is so much buzz around the program right now. You'd think they would want to create interest as early as possible for this season.

moses_007

No photographers there.  Hell, no fans were there either.  I think we played all these games in empty high school gyms.

Jim Harris

Quote from: moses_007 on August 16, 2016, 06:36:38 pm
No photographers there.  Hell, no fans were there either.  I think we played all these games in empty high school gyms.

... and against mostly high school teams?

Maybe they didn't want anyone to see who they played, especially that last team.

It turns out, Arkansas's results were very similar to Purdue's against the same competition. Purdue was down double digits in the first half and had a big second half like Arkansas did, only the Boilermakers kept it up in the final minutes to beat Euro Colegia Casvi 80-71. The other results were similar to Arkansas's wins. That team Arkansas beat by nearly 70 in the last game, European Academy, Purdue beat by 50+.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Jim Harris on August 17, 2016, 09:50:28 am
... and against mostly high school teams?

Maybe they didn't want anyone to see who they played, especially that last team.

I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. That's what was important to the Hogs, not the games, practice.

Swinesong1

Considering, I knew these were exhibition games in a foreign country DURING the Olympics, I wasn't expecting top notch competition.  I thought the complaint was about coverage/pics?  As the major university in the state, is decent coverage (no mattet the competition) asking too much?  I'm quite sure a lot of non players and non coaches made the trip for free.  They couldn't embed ONE person with the team?  How was Purdue able to stream the game?  This state is just too lazy when it comes to sports coverage.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Swinesong1 on August 17, 2016, 12:44:21 pm
Considering, I knew these were exhibition games in a foreign country DURING the Olympics, I wasn't expecting top notch competition.  I thought the complaint was about coverage/pics?  As the major university in the state, is decent coverage (no mattet the competition) asking too much?  I'm quite sure a lot of non players and non coaches made the trip for free.  They couldn't embed ONE person with the team?  How was Purdue able to stream the game?  This state is just too lazy when it comes to sports coverage.

I wish you would have gone, probably would have had the best coverage. Maybe next time.

Swinesong1

Quote from: FineAsSwine on August 17, 2016, 12:47:16 pm
I wish you would have gone, probably would have had the best coverage. Maybe next time.
I don't call myself a journalist nor an insider.  Just a fan who gets frustrated with lackluster coverage of anything not Hog football related. 

010HogFan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on August 17, 2016, 12:47:16 pm

A monkey with a video camera could have provided better coverage than what we got

HoopS

I think everybody knew we wouldn't be facing great teams. Purdue was able to broadcast their games. No reason why we couldn't if they could.

These games were a way to build chemistry and get extra work in. We all knew that. But we still wanted to watch like Purdue fans.

azhog10

Quote from: HoopS on August 19, 2016, 09:23:17 am
I think everybody knew we wouldn't be facing great teams. Purdue was able to broadcast their games. No reason why we couldn't if they could.

These games were a way to build chemistry and get extra work in. We all knew that. But we still wanted to watch like Purdue fans.