Thomas
Macon
Hannahs
Barford

This is probably going to be the norm.

azhog10

Macon picking up two quick fouls again.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

azhog10

Really like the Jones kid. Haven't seen him in person but from videos and the way he produces when he's on the floor tells me we got a steal in him. Very athletic and can shoot.

hogwood

Quote from: azhog10 on August 10, 2016, 11:12:25 am
Macon picking up two quick fouls again.

WTH. Is Euro hoops just called tighter or are Macon and the other players just not refined enough yet? That's ridiculous.

azhog10

Quote from: hogwood on August 10, 2016, 11:28:37 am
WTH. Is Euro hoops just called tighter or are Macon and the other players just not refined enough yet? That's ridiculous.
Maybe both. A buddy of mine plays overseas in one of the top leagues. He said in the paint (he's a 6'11 center) it's a blood bath. Very physical play. Not sure how guards are officiated. From highlights I've seen of guards playing over there that come to the NBA they always seem to look as though the ball is never guarded tight. So very well could be he uses his hands way to much for the EURO liking.

hogwood

Looks like we are hitting the boards pretty well. Shooting better this game. 42% so far. Still pretty poor 3PT%.

hawginbigd1

Manny 1-3 from 3, wth is up with that? Has he taken 3 in his career ;D

rude1

Personal fouls and free throw attempts difference is negligible right now, looks like our guys have adjusted to how it's being called.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: azhog10 on August 10, 2016, 11:07:04 am
Kingsley
Thomas
Macon
Hannahs
Barford

This is probably going to be the norm.
Well that escalated quickly.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Ok I have a problem.  Should be working but can't stop watching the stats screen.  I know these are only exhibition games, but dammit I'm ready for some Razorbacks sports.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

azhog10

Up 22 and really starting to score the ball well.

azhog10

CJ Jones 9 pts in 5 or 6 mins of action

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: azhog10 on August 10, 2016, 11:48:40 am
CJ Jones 9 pts in 5 or 6 mins of action

Maybe he will be the Nick Babb we never got to see. Here's to hoping we get 4 years out of him!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: azhog10 on August 10, 2016, 11:47:55 am
Up 22 and really starting to score the ball well.

Curious are you actually watching the game or just following the stat tracker?

Hawg Red

Quote from: azhog10 on August 10, 2016, 11:20:13 am
Really like the Jones kid. Haven't seen him in person but from videos and the way he produces when he's on the floor tells me we got a steal in him. Very athletic and can shoot.

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on August 10, 2016, 11:52:42 am
Maybe he will be the Nick Babb we never got to see. Here's to hoping we get 4 years out of him!

Agreed.

Virgil

50 points in a game.  Boy that's tough and no one in double digits.  You can tell its summer ball for sure.  lol 
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

azhog10

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 10, 2016, 11:54:42 am
Curious are you actually watching the game or just following the stat tracker?
Stat tracker. I, like you, am getting no work done.

azhog10

Quote from: Virgil on August 10, 2016, 11:56:17 am
50 points in a game.  Boy that's tough and no one in double digits.  You can tell its summer ball for sure.  lol
It is half time....I imagine we will finish with more than 50.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: azhog10 on August 10, 2016, 11:56:36 am
Stat tracker. I, like you, am getting no work done.

I really liked last year's team, they were fun to watch and for the most part left it all out there.  Just undermanned more than anything.  Looking forward to seeing this team develop and new guys emerge and come into their own. 

Hawg Red

Bailey with 6 boards in 7 minutes.

azhog10

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 10, 2016, 11:58:55 am
I really liked last year's team, they were fun to watch and for the most part left it all out there.  Just undermanned more than anything.  Looking forward to seeing this team develop and new guys emerge and come into their own.
Agreed. I think we have a lot of bodies this year as opposed to last year. Going to be some kinks to work out. Macon being able to not foul looks to be one. Also Moses and Hannahs aren't in their season form yet as both have been somewhat under achieving this road trip. Not sure if anyone would think we could win a game, much less be up 21 at half, when the two are combined for 12 pts.

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 10, 2016, 12:01:30 pm
Bailey with 6 boards in 7 minutes.
I think all in the 2nd period as well.

hawginbigd1

13 players in the game in the first half, depth anyone?

azhog10

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 10, 2016, 12:03:59 pm
13 players in the game in the first half, depth anyone?
And all contributed in some way. Maybe not in scoring but are finding ways to get involved.

Dwight_K_Shrute

If my math is correct, starters combined for 48 min and 25 points in the first half.  Bench had 52 min and 25 points.  Got to like that bench production.

hogwood

How about Beard shooting 50% from the field with 6pts, 3reb, 3ast. Very nice.

azhog10

Kingsley must have read my post. Has 4 quick points to start the half including a dunk.

hogwood

We are killing it on the boards! Now with 40-27 advantage.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Jones kid may be the steal of the class.  11 pts in 8 min.

The_Iceman

I would say the backup PF spot is very much wide open. Also, CJ Jones may very well see himself in that 2nd unit with Beard and Watkins.

azhog10

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 10, 2016, 12:18:48 pm
I would say the backup PF spot is very much wide open. Also, CJ Jones may very well see himself in that 2nd unit with Beard and Watkins.
I don't know if I'd say the backup spot is open. I think the 4 spot in general is open. All guys bring something to the table but not any single one is standing out above the rest. I think it will be a spot where the hot hand gets the nod.

hogwood

Hannahs and Macon, supposedly our best 2 shooters, are shooting very poorly. Wonder what kind of shots they are taking...

azhog10

CJ Jones with 15 in the game. Finished the 3rd period with a dunk.

Edit: Hogs finished the 3rd with back to back dunks. First by Jones and then by Cook.

The_Iceman

Quote from: azhog10 on August 10, 2016, 12:20:56 pm
I think it will be a spot where the hot hand gets the nod.

You could probably say that for every position but Center. Which is a great sign of our depth. You only need 3 players to have a good game to compete in any given SEC game. When you only have 3 players that can do that, it's gonna be a tough year. We may have at least 6 this year.

azhog10

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 10, 2016, 12:25:27 pm
You could probably say that for every position but Center.
Maybe, but I think Hannahs, Macon, and Barford will get the starts for different reasons. Maturity, defense, and shooting. But if there is one wildcard it will be Jones I think. Kid has game. Either way I like the options of Beard, Watkins, and Jones off the bench. Beard can score it with Jones, and Watkins has actually shot the ball in this Spain trip better than he has his previous seasons here.

hogwood

Looks like a potential 2nd unit finished the 3rd strong.

Thompson
Cook
Hazen
Jones
Beard

With the help of Jones.

azhog10

Quote from: hogwood on August 10, 2016, 12:27:44 pm
Looks like a potential 2nd unit finished the 3rd strong.

Thompson
Cook
Hazen
Jones
Beard

With the help of Jones.
Beard with 5 assists. Maybe he's starting to accept his role as a pass first guard.

hogwood

Quote from: azhog10 on August 10, 2016, 12:28:47 pm
Beard with 5 assists. Maybe he's starting to accept his role as a pass first guard.

Would love that. His strength has always been his ability to penetrate and drive. If he can dish now that would be perfect.

Hawg Red

Biggus Piggus

Jones has a great midrange + driving game. Good height/reach advantage, all-around skills. Really liked him when I saw him play in HS.
[CENSORED]!

azhog10

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 10, 2016, 12:33:55 pm
Jones has a great midrange + driving game. Good height/reach advantage, all-around skills. Really liked him when I saw him play in HS.
If i recall a few things that "hurt" him as far as recruiting and rankings. Where he played high school ball and his weight. People seemed to worry about him being able to play as skinny as he was. But maybe that was a hogville thing.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 10, 2016, 12:16:59 pm
Jones kid may be the steal of the class.  11 pts in 8 min.
I remember some grumblings that he was a reach like Doobie, doesn't appear to be the case.

hawginbigd1

azhog10

Dusty finally hits his first three of the game. 1-6 on the game.

azhog10

All guys who traveled and dressed scored in this one. Glasper hit a 3 to get on the board.

Edit: Apparently he did not hit a 3......

hogwood

Yesterday we lose to a club team, today we beat a professional team by 40. Lots of lessons learned there, hopefully.

azhog10

Quote from: hogwood on August 10, 2016, 12:48:50 pm
Yesterday we lose to a club team, today we beat a professional team by 40. Lots of lessons learned there, hopefully.
To be fair according to this article it states the team we played yesterday and today are in the same 4th tier of Spanish Professional Basketball teams.

The team we played today (not sure how similar their rosters are) lost to BYU by 20 and Nebraska by 3.

http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/byu-cougars-basketball/2015/8/20/9181227/who-are-the-teams-byu-basketball-is-playing-in-spain

Edit: apparently this was last year.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Should see a nice boost in our RPI after this one.

010HogFan

I feel a little better after today. Looks like a pretty decent showing. Excited about CJ Jones and our overall depth