Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog Hoops Preview: Guard Play

Started by Drew Amman, August 01, 2016, 10:08:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Amman

Hog Backcourt has Experience and Highly-Touted JUCO Transfers:

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorbacknation

azhog10

"I got options now" like it or not, sounds like CMA feels really good.

OutlawHawg

Quote from: azhog10 on August 01, 2016, 10:20:11 pm
"I got options now" like it or not, sounds like CMA feels really good.

I'd hope after five years he has recruited some options.

azhog10

Quote from: OutlawHawg on August 02, 2016, 07:42:36 am
I agree. Just not something he's came out and said in the past. It's obvious how they recruit, or their effectiveness in it has changed of recent.

rude1

Quote from: OutlawHawg on August 02, 2016, 07:42:36 am
Yeah that really doesn't make much sense since he was the one responsible for supplying himself with options in the first place.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: rude1 on August 02, 2016, 11:46:32 pm
Yeah that really doesn't make much sense since he was the one responsible for supplying himself with options in the first place.

Actually it makes a lot of sense if you look at our program over the last two decades. The roster hasn't been this deep since the NCAA witch hunt.

rude1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on August 03, 2016, 12:24:04 am
Actually it makes a lot of sense if you look at our program over the last two decades. The roster hasn't been this deep since the NCAA witch hunt.
CMA is going into year 6, the 14 years prior to that had no bearing on why he didn't have "options" last year at guard. There are some intriguing pieces to this team, but up to this point most of the pieces are unproven at this level.

poloprince

Quote from: ShadowHawg on August 03, 2016, 12:24:04 am

Aided by FB
$PoLoPrInCe$

poloprince

Quote from: rude1 on August 03, 2016, 05:45:07 am
CMA is going into year 6, the 14 years prior to that had no bearing on why he didn't have "options" last year at guard. There are some intriguing pieces to this team, but up to this point most of the pieces are unproven at this level.

First 3 didn't count remember??
$PoLoPrInCe$

poloprince

Two guys that can get their own shot is always a plus 🏀🐗
$PoLoPrInCe$

HogBreath

Quote from: poloprince on August 03, 2016, 10:44:52 am
First 3 didn't count remember??
And the last one didn't either..CMA only has 1 season here to judge by, and it was a 27 win season with a 2nd round big dance appearance.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

ShadowHawg

August 04, 2016, 02:16:36 am #11 Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 01:49:57 am by ShadowHawg
Quote from: rude1 on August 03, 2016, 05:45:07 am

Come into the present please. Early departures are at an all time high in college basketball and trying to recruit for depth at a school that hasn't been relevant in two decades takes time.

Also, people in this thread don't even understand the statement itself. He can go big at the guard, he can go with shooters, he can go with defense, etc. Not something that is easily accomplished for any program regardless of whatever year the coach me be in during his tenure.

It should excite you but evidently it just makes you angry. Kinda sad really.

UNCLE BACK

It is my belief that if Jacorey Williams would have played last year he would have given us 10 pts and about 6 Rebs a game from the 4 spot. Plus Jacorey was a very good defender. We win 21 games last year. Mike was unlucky last year and so Ill give him that one. If we suck this year, my patience will have ran out on Mike... Just my two cents and its worth no more than just that...

hogwood

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on August 04, 2016, 12:47:11 pm
It is my belief that if Jacorey Williams would have played last year he would have given us 10 pts and about 6 Rebs a game from the 4 spot. Plus Jacorey was a very good defender. We win 21 games last year. Mike was unlucky last year and so Ill give him that one. If we suck this year, my patience will have ran out on Mike... Just my two cents and its worth no more than just that...

I also thought JaCorey would have been valuable. He would have started over Miles for sure. I think 10/6 is a little too high, but I could see him getting 7/5 for sure. I also think winning 5 more games because of JaCorey is a stretch, but maybe 2-3 more yet still out of the tourney.

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: hogwood on August 04, 2016, 01:54:45 pm
I also thought JaCorey would have been valuable. He would have started over Miles for sure. I think 10/6 is a little too high, but I could see him getting 7/5 for sure. I also think winning 5 more games because of JaCorey is a stretch, but maybe 2-3 more yet still out of the tourney.
He avg nearly 5 pts and 3 rebs in 16 MPG his Junior year so I assumed he'd have improved plus played about 29 to 32 MPG so Id have to stick to 10/6... We lost about 8 games by 4 or less so it's just real hard to say but I felt like being a Senior, he'd have made a huge difference in the Sub Par SEC...

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogwood on August 04, 2016, 01:54:45 pm

Probably beat Dayton, Mercer, Stanford, Georgia, and LSU with him. Only needed like 2 or 3 more points or a defensive stop, etc to have won those games. If's and but's.........