Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you were concerned about skinny players

Started by Biggus Piggus, July 19, 2016, 12:23:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Weights have been updated on the official Razorback men's basketball roster.

C.J. Jones was increased from 155 pounds to 175.

Arlando Cook got a boost from 205 pounds to 215.
[CENSORED]!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 19, 2016, 12:23:13 pm
Weights have been updated on the official Razorback men's basketball roster.

C.J. Jones was increased from 155 pounds to 175.

Arlando Cook got a boost from 205 pounds to 215.

Macon 185 - getting better
Barford 202 - 17lbs heavier than Durham + 2inches taller

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

FineAsSwine

They some Fattening Hogs.... they need a special diet to gain weight quickly. Gets 'em ready for the slaughter house killing floor faster.  :razorback:

The_Iceman

Hope there are accurate. If so, these are some great gains by our players.

FraggleHog

Awesome! Gains are great... gotta keep the speed and stamina though...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

RealHog

Well numbers on paper don't make you stronger or taller. Cook goes from 6-7 206 to 6-8 215 in 3 weeks time. I hope they did put on some muscle though. CJ was listed at 166, which sounds really skinny but probably accurate. He is built like Reed on the FB team who was listed at "170" last year.

The_Iceman

Quote from: RealHog on July 19, 2016, 04:35:46 pm
Well numbers on paper don't make you stronger or taller. Cook goes from 6-7 206 to 6-8 215 in 3 weeks time. I hope they did put on some muscle though. CJ was listed at 166, which sounds really skinny but probably accurate. He is built like Reed on the FB team who was listed at "170" last year.

Just shows you can't trust listed basketball heights.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: RealHog on July 19, 2016, 04:35:46 pm

More like the previous numbers were wrong.
[CENSORED]!

Dwight_K_Shrute

My only concern about skinny players is that sometimes it seems to me the other teams have had guys that just walked off the yard.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

k.c.hawg

Looks like there has been some adequate weight room work going on.

Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 20, 2016, 11:49:42 am
My only concern about skinny players is that sometimes it seems to me the other teams have had guys that just walked off the yard.

Yep, we've had very few like that.  Corliss and Roosevelt come to mind.  A couple of Stan's recruits, "manimal" can't think of his actual name.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hog.goblin on July 20, 2016, 04:03:23 pm
Yep, we've had very few like that.  Corliss and Roosevelt come to mind.  A couple of Stan's recruits, "manimal" can't think of his actual name.

Charles Thomas. Darian Townes was another one.

hog.goblin

Thanks, was thinking about Charles.  Darian had size, not necessarily muscular.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hog.goblin on July 20, 2016, 04:07:43 pm
Thanks, was thinking about Charles.  Darian had size, not necessarily muscular.

6'10", 240lb. I wouldn't mess with him.

hog.goblin

Ha, I wouldn't either at 5'9".  But if I was Corliss, Roosevelt, or Thomas I would have held my own and then some if things got out of hand.

I'm not calling for guys to be huge, but it would be nice if they muscled up, even like a Pippen if they couldn't add mass.  Takes time I know.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Wish they could put some weight on manny.

Big Nasty 34