Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Qualls and the Pelicans

Started by hogwood, July 06, 2016, 10:29:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwood

BRHogfan

There are no news stories I can find as to why he's not playing for them.

He's not listed as a player on the official summer league website either.

http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2016/players/#Q

hoglady

I was just on the NBA's summer league website.
I checked players in the league - no Michael Qualls.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Man - I just sure wish Qualls had stayed in school.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

PharmacistHog

Quote from: hoglady on July 10, 2016, 10:42:15 pm

I would bet he does, too.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

3kgthog

There's always the And 1 tour. If that thing even exists anymore...

Kevin

if healthy, he would make a great globetrotter
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

lynbug

Quote from: hoglady on July 10, 2016, 10:42:15 pm

Yeah Hoglady, I agree with you.  Perfect example of how touch and go that "stay or leave" decision can be.  Just hope that he gets lucky like Patrick Beverly did (although I think Beverly did put in time overseas).

Hawg Red

I hate how poorly things have gone for Qualls since he declared for the draft. He's got to get to playing ball somewhere because it doesn't look like he's a hot commodity in the NBA right now with a strong group of undrafted free agents from this 2016 draft.

Many will say that he never should have left, but no one could have seen things playing out like this. And he might very well be heading into his second season in the NBA without that knee injury. Sometimes it's just one bad break. He had legitimate mid-second round buzz before he hurt his knee.

hoglady

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 11, 2016, 04:02:15 pm
I hate how poorly things have gone for Qualls since he declared for the draft. He's got to get to playing ball somewhere because it doesn't look like he's a hot commodity in the NBA right now with a strong group of undrafted free agents from this 2016 draft.

Many will say that he never should have left, but no one could have seen things playing out like this. And he might very well be heading into his second season in the NBA without that knee injury. Sometimes it's just one bad break. He had legitimate mid-second round buzz before he hurt his knee.

He needs to head on overseas if he can't get on a summer league team.
Not many other options if he wants to keep playing ball.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hoglady on July 11, 2016, 04:45:46 pm
He needs to head on overseas if he can't get on a summer league team.
Not many other options if he wants to keep playing ball.

He should see if he can play in the D-League this season because it's a faster path to the NBA. Overseas is not great for most rookies in the early going, but he can raise his overseas profile (where the money is better) playing in the D-League (where the NBA opportunity is better).

Fatty McGee

Quote from: lynbug on July 11, 2016, 03:46:41 pm

Yeah Hoglady, I agree with you.  Perfect example of how touch and go that "stay or leave" decision can be.  Just hope that he gets lucky like Patrick Beverly did (although I think Beverly did put in time overseas).

Beverly didn't have a choice.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

lynbug

Quote from: Fatty McGee on July 11, 2016, 08:05:15 pm
Beverly didn't have a choice.

I remember it was an academic issue, although I remember at the time the rumor was that his academic advisor had messed up.  Don't know if that is true.  But, I though that it was the end of Beverly's career and, luckily, it worked out well for him.  I just wish that Qualls could be on the receiving end of a little luck.

Jonteviosk

Like the kid but he chose to leave instead of finishing his degree.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Jonteviosk on July 12, 2016, 04:22:47 am
Like the kid but he chose to leave instead of finishing his degree.

He chose to leave instead of exhausting his eligibility. He can easily obtain his degree (believe there was less than a full semester left) at any point. Completing your degree should not really factor into a player decision to leave school unless they intend to go into a line of work that requires that degree. Otherwise, it's a basketball decision and they do not need a degree and will be able to finish that degree at any point (and probably still for free).

So, who cares? The decision was made for his basketball career so getting a degree is completely and utterly irrelevant.

ShadowHawg

Does anyone know what he IS doing?

Arbonnejen

You can follow him on snapchat. A few weeks ago he was working out in Miami.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Arbonnejen on July 17, 2016, 09:31:56 pm
You can follow him on snapchat. A few weeks ago he was working out in Miami.

You are now officially Michael Quall's liason from his Snapchat to Hogville.  Congatulations 

Arbonnejen

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on July 17, 2016, 11:26:04 pm
You are now officially Michael Quall's liason from his Snapchat to Hogville.  Congatulations
[/quote

Dude. I can't even.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Arbonnejen on July 18, 2016, 06:02:48 am
Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on July 17, 2016, 11:26:04 pm
[/quote

Dude. I can't even.

What's been going on with qualls lately?