Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goodell says we have to understand

Started by grayhawg, August 17, 2017, 09:45:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

grayhawg

The other side kneeling for the national anthem.

https://sports.yahoo.com/roger-goodell-understand-other-side-144021713.html
It won't make an impact but he needs to understand as well, I also don't have to buy from companies that sponsor NFL games, will cancel the NFL channel on my cable and just watch College football. I don't need that bunch of cry babies from the NFL on my TV screen.

Grag T

Goodell needs to understand that sometimes I take a dump twice in the morning before work.  Not just once.  It may be dietary, or just strange variations in metabolism, I'm not sure.  But Goodell really needs to understand that.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

pigture perfect

I didn't watch much of the NFL last year as my way to thumb my nose at the league. I will probably do the same this year.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

vandybuff

I am happy to understand and appreciate Mr. Goodell caring enough to inform me.  And since I have not watched nfl in thirty years, the impact upon me is minimal.
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

Torqued pork

August 22, 2017, 05:46:29 am #4 Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 05:56:37 am by Torqued pork
I hope the NFL self-destructs. Let's see the spoiled dumbasses do without their six-figure rides and seven-figure homes and join us in the real world.

holeinthewall

Quote from: Torqued pork on August 22, 2017, 05:46:29 am
I hope the NFL self-destructs. Let's see the spoiled dumbasses do without their six-figure rides and seven-figure homes and join us in the real world.

I don't want it to self destruct I want to see these players take a huge drop in pay. I will not be renewing my NFL ticket for this year.  About the only way I can do anything.

vandybuff

i do not wish ill upon them ... nfl is identical to every other television and radio offering:  entertainment.  And the market always decides.
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: holeinthewall on August 22, 2017, 07:21:40 am
I don't want it to self destruct I want to see these players take a huge drop in pay. I will not be renewing my NFL ticket for this year.  About the only way I can do anything.

When the owners are making billions the players will be well paid as long as money continues to come in.  I can't hate on their pay because that is the market. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

holeinthewall

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on August 22, 2017, 08:09:23 pm
When the owners are making billions the players will be well paid as long as money continues to come in.  I can't hate on their pay because that is the market.

It is two fold season tickets are going to mostly brokers. When they continue to lose money the tickets will become less valuable. When advertisers back away from stadiums and fans quit buying memorabilia and other things associated with revenue stream and the networks drop their bids for TV rights the owners have to cut their budgets somewhere.

bennyl08

Quote from: holeinthewall on August 23, 2017, 10:12:44 am
It is two fold season tickets are going to mostly brokers. When they continue to lose money the tickets will become less valuable. When advertisers back away from stadiums and fans quit buying memorabilia and other things associated with revenue stream and the networks drop their bids for TV rights the owners have to cut their budgets somewhere.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193420/regular-season-attendance-in-the-nfl-since-2006/

I think you mean "if" not 'when". More people are going to NFL games than ever before. If you check out the revenue, not only does it continue to increase, but the growth is accelerating. TV viewership took a very, very small drop in 2016 while tv revenue continued to climb. Whatever the NFL is doing, the other major sports would be wise to try and follow suite.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

kodiakisland

The players are employees of the company that Goodell is the CEO of.  If he allows his employees to run off customers, well, it's his company.  It will either survive or it won't.  My money will go to companies I want to spend money with.  My interest level in the NFL has gone down significantly the last few years, and so has my spending.  Got rid of the NFL channel 2 years ago and haven't missed it once.  It's been two yrs since I've gone to a NFL game and doubt I'll go to another any time soon.

It's a business that can be run any way they want it to be.  Even into the ground.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

holeinthewall

QuoteMore people are going to NFL games than ever before

Based on ticket sales or people in the stands? Because a lot of stadiums after week 1 or 2 look half empty. At some point ticket brokers will quit buying 100's of seats to resell when they aren't making a profit. 

Grag T

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

grayhawg

When they can no longer get sponsors, they can't pay the bills. BOYCOTT ALL NFL SPONSORS is the way to get their attention.

bennyl08

Quote from: holeinthewall on August 24, 2017, 09:11:53 am
Based on ticket sales or people in the stands? Because a lot of stadiums after week 1 or 2 look half empty. At some point ticket brokers will quit buying 100's of seats to resell when they aren't making a profit.

Based on total attendance at regular season games.

As for the playoffs and superbowl, no other sport in the US can come close to per game viewership.

Further, check out the profitability of NFL teams and again, they dwarf other sports teams in the country.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse