Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Brett stays and I think he does what

Started by nwahogfan1, October 08, 2017, 08:16:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

assistants will the blame and gets Canned?

After a number of Assistants coming and going the only thing that stays the same is the crap product on the field. 

All I need to look at is HIS 10-24 SEC record.

OK, Bret what are you going to do about it?  What needs to change?   Ask yourself what is not working and what is wonrking?  I think maybe scrap the Power I and the play action passing for more fakes, traps and counters.  More shot gun formations to give our QBs more time to pass.    We do not have the right OLM to run his power I so some one please tell him.  Change this offense for more formations and plays that accentuate your talent.  I think  there is enough OL talent to do much more than what we are doing if we run plays that help them be their best.   Our OTs are not good enough to hold off the DEs in the SEC so throw more short timing passes and draws.  But do something different.  Find out what will work with what you have and not continue doing the same thing expecting different results.  The SEC is a very difficult league with great DLM so since we are not going be able to run straight at them so lets out scheme them.  But do something different.

But I am afraid CBB is being so stubborn to changing his offense that he is making himself extinct.   

Seebs

Long and CBB will be given every opportunity to leave at the end of the year.  Any of the coaches worth their salt will jump ship as well - leave on your own accord or look for a job without a job.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

rzrbk4life

Let's say CBB is here next year and he decides to fire some assistants. Who's going to want to come work for a lame duck coach for one year??
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Hawghiggs

Quote from: rzrbk4life on October 08, 2017, 08:21:13 am
Let's say CBB is here next year and he decides to fire some assistants. Who's going to want to come work for a lame duck coach for one year??

That's the real truth. Every coach that can will bolt. All new coaches hired will be on one year contracts. So either very young coaches or undesirable coaches. Those would be the choices.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on October 08, 2017, 08:16:22 am
assistants will the blame and gets Canned?

After a number of Assistants coming and going the only thing that stays the same is the crap product on the field. 

All I need to look at is HIS 10-24 SEC record.

OK, Bret what are you going to do about it?  What needs to change?   Ask yourself what is not working and what is wonrking?  I think maybe scrap the Power I and the play action passing for more fakes, traps and counters.  More shot gun formations to give our QBs more time to pass.    We do not have the right OLM to run his power I so some one please tell him.  Change this offense for more formations and plays that accentuate your talent.  I think  there is enough OL talent to do much more than what we are doing if we run plays that help them be their best.   Our OTs are not good enough to hold off the DEs in the SEC so throw more short timing passes and draws.  But do something different.  Find out what will work with what you have and not continue doing the same thing expecting different results.  The SEC is a very difficult league with great DLM so since we are not going be able to run straight at them so lets out scheme them.  But do something different.

But I am afraid CBB is being so stubborn to changing his offense that he is making himself extinct.
What I find most discouraging is that, at least according to his public comments, Bret doesn't seem to have an answer. Perhaps the problem(s) are so numerous that a simple answer isn't even possible. However, SOMEONE needs to sit down and really look things over with some major soul-searching and major revamping. While it may not be realistic to implement all the necessary changes during the season, I do believe that the apparent lack of effort and commitment (at least in my opinion) on the part of some players can begin to be addressed with a "come to Jesus" meeting with each and every player. No more guarantees to ANY player who's obviously not giving it his full measure; and while they're at it take a real serious look at every coach, including the "top dude", as far as their own approach to coaching, game planning, recruiting, nutrition, etc. It's long past time that each and every aspect of this program be thoroughly and painstakingly examined and problems addressed. We may not have the # of athletes that some like Alabama have (few do), but you can't convince me that we don't have sufficient talent to not compete with most. What we DO HAVE is the ability to play/coach hard and smart EACH and EVERY PLAY, EACH and EVERY GAME; that we're clearly not seeing that on the part of each and every player and coach.

We all know the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and yet expecting different results. Well based on what we continue to see virtually each game of each season we have a whole bunch of lunies who need major treatment.

Marshfieldhog

Problem isn't getting rid of a lot of assistants. Problem is hiring good assistants knowing the coach will likely get canned the following year. Also creates a recruiting problem.

That's why you cut your losses and hire a new HC

greasy_corner

Every one of these coaches have already or will quit on the recruiting trail.