Hjalte Froholdt commits to the HOGS!

Started by The_Iceman, December 02, 2013, 01:42:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Piggers

FINALLY!

Some good news... We needed that
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

870hogfan

Doubt he is going anywhere. Per RD Froholdt said they compared the schools and Arkansas always came out first in everything.

When he got back home to Denmark and told himself he wanted to commit to Arkansas and kept it to himself and woke up everyday thinking Arkansas was where he wanted to go.

Choctaw Hog

VirginiaHog

chitwnhog

mikeindallas

you knew something was fishy, pardon the pun, when they put lutefisk on the menu at the catfish hole.

SoonerSooie

Quote from: bigrod155 on December 02, 2013, 02:19:55 pm
I'm afraid ppl are setting themselves up for a huge disappointment. Wait for signing day please.

And why, pray tell, should we not be excited? What makes you think (know?) that this will not hold? It may indeed not hold, as recruits change their mind all the time, but, I prefer a bit of excitement of saying "He committed" over "We can't get anyone to commit!" And I especially appreciate the effort of the coaching staff to get these early commits instead of having to complain that they are not doing their job of working their tails of!

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on December 02, 2013, 01:52:49 pm
Awesome!  How do I pronounce his name?

Yeah, and I was just getting proficient with Bela...Bei...Buli.....well crap. Welcome aboard HF. :)

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

hawgmasta

This really is a huge pickup. A top 100 guy and a lineman; bielema and partridge's specialty. Pairing him with Bijhon Jackson in a few years!?! Oh snap!!!

RazorFlix

Impressive catch.  To be top 10 recruiting for 2015 is another promising sign.  It may take a couple years but I believe we are on the right path.

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: SoonerSooie on December 02, 2013, 04:14:07 pm
And why, pray tell, should we not be excited? What makes you think (know?) that this will not hold? It may indeed not hold, as recruits change their mind all the time, but, I prefer a bit of excitement of saying "He committed" over "We can't get anyone to commit!" And I especially appreciate the effort of the coaching staff to get these early commits instead of having to complain that they are not doing their job of working their tails of!

Where did I say it would not hold? I just prefer not to get to excited about a 2015 verbal commitment in December 2013. If it does not pan out you know what will happen. "Fire so and so!" or "We suck eggs". I can live without that.

Science Fiction Greg

Those that always complain that "stars do" or "stars don't" matter should realize that the big knock on people that use stars in arguments or statistical models comes when they use stars as a limiting factor.

If a player doesn't have a lot of stars by their name, it doesn't prevent them from being a good player.  If they do have a lot of stars by their name, it means they are probably a pretty good player.  That's pretty much the difference.  Stick to thinking of it like that and you will be pretty close to right on.

When people say things like "Joe sucks, he's only a 3 star" or "a team full of 3 stars will never be able to hang with a team of 4 stars because stars," that's when the problems show up.  It's just not true.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

hoghearted

WPS! We were overdue for some good news. Welcome aboard, sir. :)
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

secfan30

pfrg999

Quote from: Mr. Blonde on December 02, 2013, 01:55:58 pm
Wait, I thought stars did not matter?

Ahhhh only when we get them.. Then they matter ;)

This is a nice commit!!!! WPS
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

OhGreatOne

Quote from: bigrod155 on December 02, 2013, 02:19:55 pm
I'm afraid ppl are setting themselves up for a huge disappointment. Wait for signing day please.

I can temper my anticipation but I don't think in recent history we have been as high as #5 at any time.
There is a hidden forum on Hogville.
Most of the intelligent conversation happens there.
Ask about it.

Dirty

870hogfan

Quote from: Corndog7 on December 02, 2013, 05:40:45 pm
Those that always complain that "stars do" or "stars don't" matter should realize that the big knock on people that use stars in arguments or statistical models comes when they use stars as a limiting factor.

If a player doesn't have a lot of stars by their name, it doesn't prevent them from being a good player.  If they do have a lot of stars by their name, it means they are probably a pretty good player.  That's pretty much the difference.  Stick to thinking of it like that and you will be pretty close to right on.

When people say things like "Joe sucks, he's only a 3 star" or "a team full of 3 stars will never be able to hang with a team of 4 stars because stars," that's when the problems show up.  It's just not true.

I look more at the offer list than star ranking.

The Boar War

Interesting note:  The only American television program he could receive in Denmark was "Razorback Classics".

Dillar Dog

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: 870hogfan on December 02, 2013, 06:23:58 pm
I look more at the offer list than star ranking.

I would definitely say that is useful for a better picture.  It can also be misleading, though.  Sometimes offer lists are inaccurate.  Sometimes schools don't offer for various other reasons (disagree on evaluation, not a fit for system/situation, no realistic chance, full at a position, academics, etc.)  I definitely think this can be helpful for a more complete picture, though.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.

PonderinHog

If he has hairy feet we can call him Frodo.

bphi11ips

Quote from: mikeindallas on December 02, 2013, 03:53:13 pm
you knew something was fishy, pardon the pun, when they put lutefisk on the menu at the catfish hole.

Plenty of lye in them thar hills.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

swineology

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 02, 2013, 01:42:06 pm
Wow! Huge 2015 pickup for us.

Fire Coach B!

Oh wait, this is good news....

WPS!

Hog Milanese

Not to be negative, but it doesn't matter until signing day. We've already lost a few studs in this year's class.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Hog Milanese on December 02, 2013, 07:15:14 pm
Not to be negative, but it doesn't matter until signing day. We've already lost a few studs in this year's class.

It absolutely matters.  Not set in stone, but to pretend that it doesn't matter is just disingenuous.

tophawg19

there are tons of big athletic kids from the area he comes from. We may have a pipeline there now . I think he has a brother who plays as well . maybe a walk -on situation
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

if we ain't careful we will soon have more for 2015 than 2014
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

WorfHog

Quote from: Hog Milanese on December 02, 2013, 07:15:14 pm

Yeah, when recruits get an offer from Arkansas and see us with a Top 10 class, they take that offer very seriously.  This is a big get.

elksnort

Quote from: Next1_04 on December 02, 2013, 02:27:41 pm
Please walk off a cliff.
Because he speaks the truth? It's ok to be optimistic, but keep it real.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Mr. Blonde on December 02, 2013, 02:25:07 pm
He is not a hog until he is on campus.  A long way to go.....

After this season, good news is a great thing.

Go play in a street please
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Chief Mac

Quote from: elksnort on December 02, 2013, 07:28:24 pm
Because he speaks the truth? It's ok to be optimistic, but keep it real.

Can we not enjoy some good news without asshats pissing in everyone's Cheerios?  For frick sake, let us enjoy the moment. We know it's not a done deal till Feb 2015
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

TMc

GlassofSwine

Quote from: SoonerSooie on December 02, 2013, 04:14:07 pm

Their negative because it doesn't fit into their anti-Bielema agenda. These are the guys saying Bielema doesn't have what it takes to win in the SEC, saying he can't recruit, etc. They would rather be negative about good news than support the Razorbacks because the coach they wanted didn't get hired. It's crazy that after one season some people are so determined that Bielema is the wrong hire that they want Arkansas to fail so they can feel justified.

elksnort

Quote from: GlassofSwine on December 02, 2013, 07:52:42 pm
  Their negative because it doesn't fit into their anti-Bielema agenda. These are the guys saying Bielema doesn't have what it takes to win in the SEC, saying he can't recruit, etc. They would rather be negative about good news than support the Razorbacks because the coach they wanted didn't get hired. It's crazy that after one season some people are so determined that Bielema is the wrong hire that they want Arkansas to fail so they can feel justified.
Hey Chris and you, don't tell me what I mean.  I don't need to be called asshat or that I have an agenda.  I might actually be an asshat, but I have no agenda.  I am very glad that CBB is on some good recruits. 

Don't tell me what I think. Ask me and I'll tell you. Or, better yet, ignore me. 

GlassofSwine

Quote from: elksnort on December 02, 2013, 08:25:54 pm
Hey Chris and you, don't tell me what I mean.  I don't need to be called asshat or that I have an agenda.  I might actually be an asshat, but I have no agenda.  I am very glad that CBB is on some good recruits. 

Don't tell me what I think. Ask me and I'll tell you. Or, better yet, ignore me.

Did I mention you by name?

elksnort

Quote from: GlassofSwine on December 02, 2013, 08:29:40 pm
Did I mention you by name?
What Razorback fan in their right mind would not want CBB to recruit well?

Chief Mac

Quote from: elksnort on December 02, 2013, 08:32:36 pm

While I quoted you, Glassofswine did not nor did he mention you by name.  Why do you think he did?

Jek Tono Porkins

I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

GlassofSwine

Quote from: elksnort on December 02, 2013, 08:32:36 pm

Your joking right? There are a handful of posters who inject their negative anti-Long or anti-Bielema views into every thread where anything positive could be said. They hate Long and Bielema so much that yes they enjoy watching them fail. This is cause for excitement....

This is like getting a girls phone number, yeah maybe you won't even get to the date but you are going to be excited and in this case it is like getting the phone number from the hottest girl in your town. Plenty of reason for Arkansas fans to be excited and to show it.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on December 02, 2013, 01:52:49 pm
Awesome!  How do I pronounce his name?

As big as that dude is.....I would suggest sir or mister

pigture perfect

Did I read correctly, that he is the #2 player in Ohio? That is a Huge get from the Buckeye state.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Chief Mac

Quote from: GlassofSwine on December 02, 2013, 08:40:53 pm
  Your joking right? There are a handful of posters who inject their negative anti-Long or anti-Bielema views into every thread where anything positive could be said. They hate Long and Bielema so much that yes they enjoy watching them fail. This is cause for excitement....

This is like getting a girls phone number, yeah maybe you won't even get to the date but you are going to be excited and in this case it is like getting the phone number from the hottest girl in your town. Plenty of reason for Arkansas fans to be excited and to show it.

I'd say a commitment is more like a first date.  You may or may not get lucky, but you got her out

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on December 02, 2013, 08:50:44 pm
I'd say a commitment is more like a first date.  You may or may not get lucky, but you got her out

A verbal commitment for the class of 2015 is more like getting a girls number. A 2014 commitment would be the first date.

Jamie Jones

Quote from: Mr. Blonde on December 02, 2013, 02:25:07 pm
He is not a hog until he is on campus.  A long way to go.....
His commitment lends itself to others wanting to be a part of what, on paper (so to speak), looks like a solid class. It bolds well for future recruits to see such players already committed. Why must you be such an arse all the time?
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Mr. Blonde on December 02, 2013, 02:17:51 pm
2015 isn't exactly tomorrow.  Plenty of time for a change of mind.  Temper the excitement.

No, Mr. Blonde, you temper the pessimism!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on December 02, 2013, 08:41:12 pm
As big as that dude is.....I would suggest sir or mister
So I'd better not call him "Frodo" to his face ???

hawgwash

Quote from: ReddieHawg on December 02, 2013, 08:38:41 pm
my guess would be hy'all-tay.
We are the fan base that couldn't even get "Mallett" right.  Can't wait to see what all we do with this kid's name.  But extremely glad we'll get the opportunity t screw it up many, many times.

Fayettechill14

Some of you people, on your wedding day, told your wife to "temper your expectations," because it could always end in divorce. Quit looking for the absolute worst thing that could happen, treating it like it did, and then telling everyone else that you are, in fact, the moderate one.