Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

per Tulsa News this a.m. Gameday in Stillwater....FFFFFFFFFFFF!

Started by Sooie, November 22, 2010, 08:21:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sooie

I guess this was to be expected.

Most certainly would have been nice to let the nation peak into one of the greatest, IMHO, college football atmospheres around.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

ATLHog

CBS has our game featured which has to be a big factor in network decision.

Sooie

Quote from: ATLHog on November 22, 2010, 08:30:20 am
CBS has our game featured which has to be a big factor in network decision.

I've seen Gameday at schools who's game was broadcasted on CBS.

Neither here nor there.  GO HOGS!!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Sooie on November 22, 2010, 08:21:04 am
I guess this was to be expected.

Most certainly would have been nice to let the nation peak into one of the greatest, IMHO, college football atmospheres around.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

You do know our game is at WMS and not RSS?  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

SupaCrawf

At least that game decides the Big 12 South Champ...  Kinda important if you're looking at the big picture, right?
I'm kind of a big deal.

Sooie

Quote from: SupaCrawf on November 22, 2010, 08:56:10 am
At least that game decides the Big 12 South Champ...  Kinda important if you're looking at the big picture, right?

"I guess this was to be expected"

ATLHog

Quote from: Sooie on November 22, 2010, 08:53:35 am
I've seen Gameday at schools who's game was broadcasted on CBS.

Neither here nor there.  GO HOGS!!

Actually it is HERE and THERE and a fact, not to mention the Big 12 Champ gets determined.

010HogFan

Who cares about Gameday? The guys on there are all morons anyway..Our game is on national television, and that's enough for me...

rwspear

Quote from: locusbug on November 22, 2010, 08:55:17 am
You do know our game is at WMS and not RSS?  ;)

Yeah... I'd really prefer to keep WMS off of national TV.

hei5manhog

that sucks, maybe next year the game will be for the SEC W champion and frontrunner for the NCG
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

bubbafromSECF

There is nothing like the tailgating experience @ wms, in the world.

A red covered golf course would catch alot of recruits eyes.

SquidBilly

Quote from: Tomhog™ on November 22, 2010, 10:49:04 am
I'd rather be on ESPN than CBS.  Hogs haven't done well this year on CBS.

Well the fact that we've faced then #1 Alabama and now #2 Auburn with an ineligible player to boot may have more to do with it than CBS being there.  Also the SEC refs at Auburn were apparently on Milton McGregor's payroll as well.  Just saying.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Is this for Saturday?  Will they be doing a "Friday" gameday?  Otherwise, we have no complaints.  Can't expect them to broadcast a show on a day that it never happens on.

The Marmot

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on November 22, 2010, 10:53:46 am
Is this for Saturday?  Will they be doing a "Friday" gameday?  Otherwise, we have no complaints.  Can't expect them to broadcast a show on a day that it never happens on.

Our game is Saturday.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: The Marmot on November 22, 2010, 10:54:47 am
Our game is Saturday.
Yeah, I'm an idiot.  It had been on that Friday for years and years, and I didn't realize they changed it.  As soon as I spouted off, I realized that it might have changed, checked the schedule, then came back to admit that I am a moron.   ;D

hogsanity

what is funny is the people here bash the guys on gameday as beng no nothing shills for ( insert team here ) yet they cry when they don't pick the hog game to come to.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RedRock

Regardless, it is a nationally televised game.  Our game will dominate the ratings....always has when we play lsu.

yraciv

Gameday was at Bedlam two years ago, same location. I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but we got screwed out of this one.

hogsanity

Quote from: yraciv on November 22, 2010, 12:21:56 pm
Gameday was at Bedlam two years ago, same location. I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but we got screwed out of this one.

How do you figure we got screwed?  The ou/osu game is for an actual shot at a bcs game and a conf title.  Our game is nothing more than 2 high ranked teams that will not even play for ther conf title.  Big game with possible bcs implications, but really no bigger, nationally, as ou/osu. 

Also, not on campus.  Gameday likes to go to a school CAMPUS. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Howboutthemhogs

I just hope that Lee and Kirk pick against us again.  Then we'll win for sure! 

FAABrad

Quote from: hogsanity on November 22, 2010, 12:35:46 pm
How do you figure we got screwed?  The ou/osu game is for an actual shot at a bcs game and a conf title.  Our game is nothing more than 2 high ranked teams that will not even play for ther conf title.  Big game with possible bcs implications, but really no bigger, nationally, as ou/osu. 

Also, not on campus.  Gameday likes to go to a school CAMPUS

Bingo.  I think having the game off campus actually makes it a less attractive game for Gameday for that reason alone.

Tejano Jawg

Plus, CBS hasn't done well with Knile's name this year.   :)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

The Marmot

Quote from: hogsanity on November 22, 2010, 12:35:46 pm

Also, not on campus.  Gameday likes to go to a school CAMPUS. 

To be fair, they were at Wrigley Field this last weekend.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: The Marmot on November 22, 2010, 12:53:58 pm

Yes, but that was the exeption.  This week still has more to do with conf champ and bcs implications, but i do think being on campus does help.

FAABrad

Quote from: The Marmot on November 22, 2010, 12:53:58 pm

I think they have been to Texas-OU in Dallas before as well so it obviously happens from time to time but I still think they would prefer to go to an on campus venue.

yraciv

I don't think on campus means that much. They started off the year in Atlanta for a neutral site game I believe. They go on campus more just because that is where most games our played. They have been to FL/GA, OU/TX and many other sites off campus and it happens more often than you think. No doubt their game is big too, but to choose a game they went to just two years ago amazes me.

WOODSHOG

Quote from: rwspear on November 22, 2010, 10:47:18 am
Yeah... I'd really prefer to keep WMS off of national TV.

;)   :razorback:   :razorback:   :razorback:

dooley

Razorback7281

Quote from: bubbafromSECF on November 22, 2010, 10:50:54 am
There is nothing like the tailgating experience @ wms, in the world.

A red covered golf course would catch alot of recruits eyes.
Yes it would but so would playing a game in a DUMP stadium off campus!
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

MTBrookHog

Somewhat off topic but has any network or local affiliate taken an overhead shot of the golf course before the game starts? It would be nice to see what it looks like.

Johnny America

Anything beats the CBS announcers. I would much rather be on ESPN just for the commentary alone.
God is not real.

cashmoneyman_04

god there are stupid arguments on here....STUPID.... they like to go on campus.  they have been off campus two or three times this year.  LSU vs UNC 1st week and  wrigley field for sure.  The okla vs. okla st game is for the big 12 south.  thats why they are going there.  if we were playing for the west then we would have gameday
Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

Johnny America

Quote from: cashmoneyman_04 on November 22, 2010, 04:00:50 pm
god there are stupid arguments on here....STUPID.... they like to go on campus.  they have been off campus two or three times this year.  LSU vs UNC 1st week and  wrigley field for sure.  The okla vs. okla st game is for the big 12 south.  thats why they are going there.  if we were playing for the west then we would have gameday

Ssshhh! Get that logic and reason out of here!  :puke:
God is not real.