Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky ticket prices — thoughts?

Started by popcornhog, February 09, 2018, 02:07:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

I'm looking for three together on the sideline in the lower level as close to the court as possible.

All I can find on stub hub is Section 117 row 3. Note that row 3 is not 3 rows from the court, it's the second level in the lower bowl — probably 25 rows back or so.

$340/apiece. Do y'all think that sounds about as good as it would get for similar type tickets?
WPS

Breems

I guess you can expect a little inflation due to the UK name and rivalry factor, but the entertainment value of a game between 2 middle-of-the-pack SEC teams is not worth $340/ea. IMO. I think that's outrageous.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Bogghawg

I'm interested in any opinions as well.  I have one lower level ticket to sale and don't know what is a reasonable expectation for the going rate.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

hobhog

I just refused two tickets for free. Still frustrated. I'm guessing you will find some cheaper seats by game time.

jst01

Go up to the stadium 1.5 hours before tip and buy some from a scalper. I bet you can find some very similar to the 3rd row ones for about $50-$60 each.

And also, being 10 rows farther back and even closer to the corner isn't much difference in there. Def not worth a difference of $300

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: hobhog on February 09, 2018, 05:31:06 pm
I just refused two tickets for free. Still frustrated. I'm guessing you will find some cheaper seats by game time.

Still on Jump Ball trollin' though.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

hogsanity

there are some on stub hub for ALOT less.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

popcornhog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 08:31:42 pm
there are some on stub hub for ALOT less.

That's where I'm looking and I don't see anything at all other than the ones I referenced in the OP.

These are part of a give away for a corporate event so they need to be sideline and near the court.

My question isn't so much "would you pay this amount" as it is "do you think I can do any better?"
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: Bogghawg on February 09, 2018, 05:26:54 pm
I'm interested in any opinions as well.  I have one lower level ticket to sale and don't know what is a reasonable expectation for the going rate.

It's always hard to sell one. You typically have to drop the price significantly just due to the fact that very few people are gonna be lookin my for just one.
WPS

razorback1829

Quote from: popcornhog on February 09, 2018, 09:26:00 pm
That's where I'm looking and I don't see anything at all other than the ones I referenced in the OP.

These are part of a give away for a corporate event so they need to be sideline and near the court.

My question isn't so much "would you pay this amount" as it is "do you think I can do any better?"

If it's a corporate event, just get the tickets and write it off. What you were gonna do anyways probably lol.

BannerMountainMan

you refused two free tickets to Kentucky, dude WTH
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

popcornhog

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 09, 2018, 10:13:38 pm
If it's a corporate event, just get the tickets and write it off. What you were gonna do anyways probably lol.

Yeah they are actually a donation to a non profit, technically. But I still want to get the best price that I can.
WPS

k.c.hawg

If it is important to get this done and be out ahead of it, you might better secure them. There is very little inventory of premium seats where 3 are available. Lower corners are in the $225-$250. If the intent is high quality seats this might be it. Will something open up closer to game time, sure. But can you wait?
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

HOGINTENNESSEE

That is possibly the dumbest decision I have seen in a long time

code red

1000 bucks for basketball tickets?  And neither team is ranked in the top 15?  No.  Not doing that.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hobhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 10, 2018, 11:05:53 am
That is possibly the dumbest decision I have seen in a long time

We will see....

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hobhog on February 10, 2018, 01:39:33 pm
We will see....

Someone offer you tickets for free. Tickets valued at a few hundred dollars if you took them and sold them. Yeah that dumb

That's not even considering it was to watch your favorite team play the biggest name on their schedule (not the best team that was the Vols) at home to a packed Bud Walton.

Yeah even if we lose that's dumb

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: code red on February 10, 2018, 01:21:43 pm
1000 bucks for basketball tickets?  And neither team is ranked in the top 15?  No.  Not doing that.

But if someone offered you tickets for free.....

hogsanity

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 10, 2018, 02:33:38 pm
Someone offer you tickets for free. Tickets valued at a few hundred dollars if you took them and sold them. Yeah that dumb

That's not even considering it was to watch your favorite team play the biggest name on their schedule (not the best team that was the Vols) at home to a packed Bud Walton.

Yeah even if we lose that's dumb

Judging by the # of tickets on stub hub it isnt going to be packed.

As for value, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

theFlyingHog

Quote from: popcornhog on February 09, 2018, 02:07:45 pm
I'm looking for three together on the sideline in the lower level as close to the court as possible.

All I can find on stub hub is Section 117 row 3. Note that row 3 is not 3 rows from the court, it's the second level in the lower bowl — probably 25 rows back or so.

$340/apiece. Do y'all think that sounds about as good as it would get for similar type tickets?
Ha. Those are my tickets.(which I bought for that price on StubHub). Make me an offer.

King Kong

Quote from: hogsanity on February 10, 2018, 02:36:15 pm

If you think the UK game won't be packed at time off you are mistaken

hogsanity

Quote from: King Kong on February 10, 2018, 03:35:21 pm
If you think the UK game won't be packed at time off you are mistaken

Oh it'll be a big crowd ( unless the weather is icy/snowy )

popcornhog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 10, 2018, 02:36:15 pm

There are way fewer available on stubhub than normal.

Those prices will significantly drop but most of them will be re-sold.

Somebody already paid for those tickets and will want to re-coup what they can.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on February 10, 2018, 02:58:19 pm
Ha. Those are my tickets.(which I bought for that price on StubHub). Make me an offer.

PM'd you.
WPS