Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WTH espn

Started by Dr. Starcs, February 25, 2018, 09:05:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

Sorry off topic, but our men's track finished 2nd at the sec indoor championships.

Espn announcer and mizzou alum John Anderson says "that A on the hat doesn't stand for Arkansas. It's Alabama".

What a freaking cheap shot. And for no reason.

(notOM)Rebel123

It's ESPiN...who cares? It's okay...we're fine.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Dr. Starcs

The women dominated and then coach Lance Harter smacked Anderson around on his first question. 

Way to go ladies and coach!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 25, 2018, 09:08:49 pm
The women dominated and then coach Lance Harter smacked Anderson around on his first question. 

Good for him.ESPiN is full of a bunch of punks. Glad to hear a coach actually stood up to them.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 25, 2018, 09:08:49 pm

What did he say to him?
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 25, 2018, 09:10:26 pm
Good for him.ESPiN is full of a bunch of punks. Glad to hear a coach actually stood up to them.

Completely agree.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 25, 2018, 09:18:06 pm
What did he say to him?

Yes, what was the exchange they had?  I don't watch ESPN ever unless it is the only place to watch the HOGS.
Retired Radio Host

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

AirWarren

AirWarren

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on February 25, 2018, 09:28:51 pm
Yes, what was the exchange they had?  I don't watch ESPN ever unless it is the only place to watch the HOGS.

Exactly.

3kgthog

Bucknam doing further damage to my opinion of him. Not that he's worried.

Hard to believe Bama hadn't won an indoor title in my lifetime.

Dr. Starcs

Anderson said something like congratulations coach on your 4th straight championship"

Harter said "we'll actually it's our 12th!"

Then Anderson tried to make himself sound like he knew what he was talking about saying it was their 4th straight indoor title. What a tool.

younghog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 25, 2018, 09:05:48 pm
Sorry off topic, but our men’s track finished 2nd at the sec indoor championships.

Espn announcer and mizzou alum John Anderson says “that A on the hat doesn’t stand for Arkansas. It’s Alabama”.

Probably More because Arkansas Mens have owned the SEC Indoor for decades.. First time Alabama has one since 1971
GO HOGS

HiggiePiggy

Yeah I don't see it as a dig.  They are pretty much saying to anyone that follows track that the A isn't Arkansas this year.  Many people would probably assume Arkansas in track if they see an A. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

rhames

You guys will get upset about anything. Lol.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: rhames on February 26, 2018, 07:07:13 pm

Yeah, this whole thread is asinine.

Anyone who watched that and though John Anderson was taking a shot at Arkansas is just desperate to be offended by something.

If anything, it was a tip of the hat to Arkansas because Anderson was acknowledging that we're usually the school that owns that competition.

McKdaddy

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 26, 2018, 06:05:46 pm
Yeah I don't see it as a dig.  They are pretty much saying to anyone that follows track that the A isn't Arkansas this year.  Many people would probably assume Arkansas in track if they see an A. 
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Razorbackers

Smashmouth2004

Bama recruited a bunch of distance runners from Africa that was the difference in the outcome. They are following a script Ark used to employ when we would rack up points in the distance races!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 25, 2018, 09:05:48 pm
Sorry off topic, but our men's track finished 2nd at the sec indoor championships.

Espn announcer and mizzou alum John Anderson says "that A on the hat doesn't stand for Arkansas. It's Alabama".

And of course my response would have been "And about that "M" for Missouri that I see NO WHERE IN SIGHT" ???

98hogs

Quote from: rhames on February 26, 2018, 07:07:13 pm
They might but you can tell they are Hog Fans that Care !

sigpooie

Home Depot + Espn = bias sports with a pure unadulterated hate for the hogs. Might have started to get worst after art Blankenship and CP got into the pissing match, seems to have gone down hill since then. Uncle is right, only watch that channel when hogs are on. 
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson