Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Field of 64 Projections - 5/1

Started by Razrpig256, May 01, 2019, 08:24:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razrpig256

Baseball America released their updated field of 64 this morning and D1 will be releasing an updated one later today. I found it interesting that Miami moved in as the 16th host spot when I'm pretty sure they were listed in our regional in one of the projections just a few weeks ago (someone correct me if I'm wrong here). I hate to see DBU again, but this projection looks very favorable to us. DBU did lose 7 players to the draft last year including Granberg so maybe they are younger this year.

Fayetteville, Ark.      Morgantown, WV.
1. (3) Arkansas^      1. (14) West Virginia^
2. Dallas Baptist*      2. North Carolina State
3. Sam Houston State*   3. Illinois State
4. Canisius*                       4. VCU*

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/projected-field-of-64-5119/

mhsbc59

Quote from: Razrpig256 on May 01, 2019, 08:24:16 am
Baseball America released their updated field of 64 this morning and D1 will be releasing an updated one later today. I found it interesting that Miami moved in as the 16th host spot when I'm pretty sure they were listed in our regional in one of the projections just a few weeks ago (someone correct me if I'm wrong here). I hate to see DBU again, but this projection looks very favorable to us. DBU did lose 7 players to the draft last year including Granberg so maybe they are younger this year.

Fayetteville, Ark.      Morgantown, WV.
1. (3) Arkansas^      1. (14) West Virginia^
2. Dallas Baptist*      2. North Carolina State
3. Sam Houston State*   3. Illinois State
4. Canisius*                       4. VCU*

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/projected-field-of-64-5119/
I like this one alot
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

dotnet

Razrpig256

This projection lists Texas as one of the first four OUT.

Also, this would mean a return trip to Fayetteville for Darien Simms, who has played sparingly for SHSU as a senior this year.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

JonClaudeVanHam

Dallas Baptist is always a scary team, but that is a great regional. I would bet anything that NC State emerged from the WVU Regional. They've trended down for awhile.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

jbell96

Quote from: Razrpig256 on May 01, 2019, 08:24:16 am
Baseball America released their updated field of 64 this morning and D1 will be releasing an updated one later today. I found it interesting that Miami moved in as the 16th host spot when I'm pretty sure they were listed in our regional in one of the projections just a few weeks ago (someone correct me if I'm wrong here).

I think what you are remembering is the D1 Baseball projections that had Miami as a 2 in our regional.

navyhog24

I would love that Regional and Supers.

Fan1958

Read the article but the author didn't indicate what the "^" and "*" symbols denote, or I missed it.  Somebody help me out here.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

EconHawg

Quote from: Fan1958 on May 01, 2019, 09:33:57 am
Read the article but the author didn't indicate what the "^" and "*" symbols denote, or I missed it.  Somebody help me out here.

I've been trying to figure that out all season lol.

yraciv

Quote from: Razrpig256 on May 01, 2019, 08:29:34 am
This projection lists Texas as one of the first four OUT.

Also, this would mean a return trip to Fayetteville for Darien Simms, who has played sparingly for SHSU as a senior this year.

I actually saw Simms play in a SHSU game I watched early in the year.  He came in to pinch run in the 9th, and got picked off to end the game.

Bruinstyle2001

Quote from: Fan1958 on May 01, 2019, 09:33:57 am

^ = host
* = automatic qualifier (projected to win conference auto bid)