Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB joked about Austin Allen getting 3 Suits at the Belk Store

Started by Scott Marshall, December 28, 2016, 04:21:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

CBB joked about Austin Allen getting 3 Suits at the Belk Store "Austin Allen got 3 suits at the Belk Store! Should be a well dressed QB at least." #belkbowl #wps #welldressedqb
Check out the video here

Also make sure to Watch the Razorback Nation special tonight @ 6:30pm on KNWA and KARK or streaming on Razorback Nation Facebook Page and NWAhomepage

Sir Oinksalot

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

elksnort

How much of his own money is he using? A good suit is costly.

31to6

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on December 28, 2016, 04:55:37 pm

Haha, did they have a three for $$$ ?  Smart shopper !!

Apparently, Belk has a Buy 1 get 2 Free sale.

nchogg

They were $200 and buy 1 get 2 free and also got another 20% off and if he got a Belk credit card he could get another 20% off. Smart. After the bowl game he will look good when he goes on a date.  :razorback:

ricepig

Quote from: elksnort on December 28, 2016, 04:56:52 pm
How much of his own money is he using? A good suit is costly.

It's a suit from Belks, not a custom made one from James Davis, lol.

hog.goblin

Quote from: ricepig on December 28, 2016, 05:22:24 pm
It's a suit from Belks, not a custom made one from James Davis, lol.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw "good suit" and "Belks" in the same topic.  Head scratcher.

ricepig

Quote from: hog.goblin on December 28, 2016, 05:34:15 pm
I was thinking the same thing when I saw "good suit" and "Belks" in the same topic.  Head scratcher.

They're great for a Jr in college, maybe not for a Wall Street executive.

Missooie

Quote from: ricepig on December 28, 2016, 05:46:23 pm
They're great for a Jr in college, maybe not for a Wall Street executive.

I have always been shocked at how much people spend on the expensive name brand suits. I haven't shopped at Belk before, but I have gotten many suits from regular stores over the years that have looked much better and lasted much longer than some of my friends suits which were much more expensive. Just gotta know what you are looking for.

ricepig

Quote from: Missooie on December 28, 2016, 06:23:56 pm
I have always been shocked at how much people spend on the expensive name brand suits. I haven't shopped at Belk before, but I have gotten many suits from regular stores over the years that have looked much better and lasted much longer than some of my friends suits which were much more expensive. Just gotta know what you are looking for.

I've bought the "buy 1, get 2 free" at Men's Warehouse, and a custom tailored one. The custom tailored is probably 20 years old, and still looks great, so you get what you pay for, like in everything.

Hawgphish

k.c.hawg

In writeups on the various bowl gift packages it was stated Belk gives the gift cards and does substantial discounts in store before the players go on their shopping spree. Put an athlete in a $300 suit and it looks custom tailored, put a 265 lb Hogvillian in a $1800 custom tailored suit and it looks like he looks like a fat slob in JC Penney suit. Austin Allen will look fine.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

ricepig

Quote from: k.c.hawg on December 28, 2016, 07:35:47 pm
In writeups on the various bowl gift packages it was stated Belk gives the gift cards and does substantial discounts in store before the players go on their shopping spree. Put an athlete in a $300 suit and it looks custom tailored, put a 265 lb Hogvillian in a $1800 custom tailored suit and it looks like he looks like a fat slob in JC Penney suit. Austin Allen will look fine.

I'm pretty sure the suit will have to be tailored for the athletes, they're a lot bigger, and I'm not talking about the lineman.