Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Coaching Position

Started by RazorBassin, December 28, 2016, 01:41:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorBassin

December 28, 2016, 01:41:56 pm Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 02:15:43 pm by RazorBassin
My wish is for Segrest to be fired, find a new DL coach and take a look at this guy as the ST Coordinator

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/dec/28/special-attention-20161228/

Thoughts?

You just opened up a can my friend.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Just hire Partridge. He is great with Kickers and Dline

Hawgar The Horrible

Goodness. Does the nickname Shiworst ring a bell?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

RazorBassin

Would LOVE for Partridge to come back as the DL coach!

RazorBassin

I don't think our ST can be any worse that it has been on the return side.  We have looked terrible for 4-5 years now on ST.  Something needs to be done and I was just posing the question.  I don't think Segrest can coach DL or ST.  So replacing him with Partridge and finding a designated ST coach would be ideal.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: RazorBassin on December 28, 2016, 02:12:18 pm
I don't think our ST can be any worse that it has been on the return side.  We have looked terrible for 4-5 years now on ST.  Something needs to be done and I was just posing the question.  I don't think Segrest can coach DL or ST.  So replacing him with Partridge and finding a designated ST coach would be ideal.

Our punt return game hasn't been bad. In fact both DJ Dean and JC has done really well when Heathly.

Our kickoff return hasn't been good but that more due to the rule changes. Even D Johnson struggled his SR year with the new kickoff rules designed to limit kick returns.

RazorBassin

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 28, 2016, 02:38:35 pm
Our punt return game hasn't been bad. In fact both DJ Dean and JC has done really well when Heathly.

Our kickoff return hasn't been good but that more due to the rule changes. Even D Johnson struggled his SR year with the new kickoff rules designed to limit kick returns.

Good points, but our ST defensive side of the ball has been mediocre at best.  Lots of things could be better on ST.  I will say this, we have had some of the best punting in football this year.

davehog

Clear #1 for WORST idea that was posted on Hogville in 2016. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: davehog on December 28, 2016, 05:08:18 pm

No kidding. Even if his ST's make a Big difference in the game I wouldn't want him back.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Boarsnest

Wow! I guess you're hoping for a Murray State Mafia reunion tour? Maybe we can get David Lee back to!  I hear ladder sales are off at Home Depot since Lee left.

RazorBassin

Quote from: davehog on December 28, 2016, 05:08:18 pm

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 28, 2016, 09:12:57 pm
No kidding. Even if his ST's make a Big difference in the game I wouldn't want him back.

Quote from: Boarsnest on December 28, 2016, 10:08:25 pm
Wow! I guess you're hoping for a Murray State Mafia reunion tour? Maybe we can get David Lee back to!  I hear ladder sales are off at Home Depot since Lee left.

Come on, you guys can't tell when someone is being facetious?  I'll try and post emojis next time...