Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Belk: New wrinkle or two

Started by jbcarol, December 27, 2016, 05:59:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

TheEnemy

Wrinkle #1:  will switch from 2 hand touch and to actually trying to tackle to the ground

Wrinkle #2:  No more 7 yard cushions----Will switch to 6 yard cushions

tophawg19

the play of that defense has given me worry wrinkles . maybe that's what he meant. we would get 1 or 2 more
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jgphillips3

I'm sure hoping that the wrinkle is that we will actually play defense in this game.  That would be a great start.  Sarcasm aside, it would be fun to see the early stages of 3-4 work put in.

CrookedSquealliry

Gonna seal the edge.  Spring it on em'.

code red

Lol.  Yeah....It's in my forehead....After a season watching his schemes.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HighcountryHog

LMFAO.  Forget wrinkles, Robb.  You don't even know the basics. 
no bumps, no fat chicks

tophawg19

yep our new defense , the 4-4-5-3 will be used in the bowl game . we will stop runs up the middle now
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

31to6

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 27, 2016, 08:08:42 pm
yep our new defense , the 4-4-5-3 will be used in the bowl game . we will stop runs up the middle now

I would be super-happy to see more than one razorback jersey between the QB and the end zone.

Bonus points for the wearer of that jersey being able to move laterally.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: HighcountryHog on December 27, 2016, 07:49:28 pm
LMFAO.  Forget wrinkles, Robb.  You don't even know the basics.
Right, because he didn't coach the 2014 defense.

All Gas, No Brakes!

BigE_23

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 27, 2016, 09:02:28 pm

Right...because that defense from a 7-win team from 2 years ago makes up for the atrocities of the past two seasons. Right...because he did coach the defense in 2016 that gives up 6.2 yards per carry.

tusksincolorado

I kind of liked the Cowboys alignment last night...3-2-6. It was very effective against the Lions.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

jgphillips3

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 27, 2016, 09:02:28 pm

That defense had Randy Shannon coaching too.  With hindsight, I think RS had a lot more influence upon that vaunted "Bermuda Triangle" than we knew.  Especially in light of results continuing to get worse year over year the past two years.  I guess we'll see what RS can do in the new 3-4 if he is retained.

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 27, 2016, 10:53:40 pm
That defense had Randy Shannon coaching too.  With hindsight, I think RS had a lot more influence upon that vaunted "Bermuda Triangle" than we knew.  Especially in light of results continuing to get worse year over year the past two years.  I guess we'll see what RS can do in the new 3-4 if he is retained.

In HINDSIGHT, having three NFL players on that D made a difference.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

jgphillips3

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on December 28, 2016, 08:30:20 am
In HINDSIGHT, having three NFL players on that D made a difference.

Yes, but that doesn't explain why essentially the entire personnel group from 2015 got worse in 2016.  I would also posit that Pulley and Agim will probably get shots in the NFL as may Wise and Greenlaw.  Lastly, I distinctly remember Nutt trying to run the wildcat without Gus and completely bumbling it so with just Arkansas I have seen how one person planning a side of the ball, even with the same plays can look very different from another.  Without Shannon, RS has yet to field a competent defense.  If he stays, I would love nothing better than to see him field a good defense but we'll just have to wait and see.

Buff

Quote from: TheEnemy on December 27, 2016, 06:32:05 pm
Wrinkle #1:  will switch from 2 hand touch and to actually trying to tackle to the ground

Wrinkle #2:  No more 7 yard cushions----Will switch to 6 yard cushions

Very nice.  I was actually going to suggest both of these.

pfrg999

Please God No... Just emphasis Tackling the dude with the ball, using proper coverage.... Dont try to be cute.. Unless this Robb Smith 'wrinkle' is a new term for effective Blitzing or not using a 8 yard cushions throughout the game, or being able to keep pace with a fast team or maaaaybe it means not make every running QB we play have his personal highlight reel during the game..I personally doubt it, but If thats what "wrinkle" means... Then wrinkle away Robby boy...

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

hawg66

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 28, 2016, 08:57:00 am
Yes, but that doesn't explain why essentially the entire personnel group from 2015 got worse in 2016.  I would also posit that Pulley and Agim will probably get shots in the NFL as may Wise and Greenlaw.  Lastly, I distinctly remember Nutt trying to run the wildcat without Gus and completely bumbling it so with just Arkansas I have seen how one person planning a side of the ball, even with the same plays can look very different from another.  Without Shannon, RS has yet to field a competent defense.  If he stays, I would love nothing better than to see him field a good defense but we'll just have to wait and see.

I distinctly remember the Hogs offense  the year after Gus setting school records that still haven't been broken. Amazing what people choose to believe.