Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Collins

Started by lakecityhog, December 24, 2016, 05:21:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lakecityhog

Collins is looking good in the 2nd quarter! Helping to chip a DE, running HARD! and taking care of the football.
Not a Seahawks fan, but proud to see Alex doing a good job.

Hogs run wild

I was not impressed with Rawls' running. Alex should be the starter if he can hang unto the ball.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

lakecityhog

I think that this game, given he remains solid with ball security and keeps doing a good job may well move him up a bit.

hoggusamoungus

I think CBB should have played him at linebacker. We were so weak at that position and with his size and speed, surely he would have excelled on that side of the ball.

Just yanking your chain.  The Pettway thread turned to that degree of humorous.

lakecityhog

Glad to give you a laugh this holiday season!

Merry Christmas!!

bennyl08

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on December 24, 2016, 05:54:52 pm
I think CBB should have played him at linebacker. We were so weak at that position and with his size and speed, surely he would have excelled on that side of the ball.

Just yanking your chain.  The Pettway thread turned to that degree of humorous.

We all know Alex would have been way too slow. ;)
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hogsevenseven

Christmas Eve and AC is running.

Danny J

Quote from: bennyl08 on December 24, 2016, 06:40:01 pm
We all know Alex would have been way too slow. ;)
Yeah...he only looked fast breaking away from that super slow defense LSU is known to field.

3kgthog

Quote from: Danny J on December 24, 2016, 07:34:02 pm
Yeah...he only looked fast breaking away from that super slow defense LSU is known to field.

Why does it seem like that was the one and only home run TD of his Hog career?

factchecker

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 24, 2016, 07:55:05 pm

Texas Tech: 84 yard TD run in 2014:

AnM: 50 yard TD run in 2014

UTM: 63-yard TD run in 2015

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

King Kong

Because you have a terrible memory

Merry Christmas

onebadrubi

Your negativity just gets so d a m n old

Tejano Jawg

Also...I was driving tonight and listening to the game on the radio. The announcers said "they gotta get Alex Collins back in there!..." in reference to his pass protection/blocking. Seriously. Pretty cool.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

bennyl08

Quote from: Danny J on December 24, 2016, 07:34:02 pm

Just to clarify my post was sarcasm.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

lasthog

Quote from: bennyl08 on December 25, 2016, 01:54:27 am
Just to clarify my post was sarcasm.

Benny, just to be sure to leave no wrong impression with some, maybe you should go one step farther and define sarcasm. ;)

jgphillips3

I love the back he became over his career but his early running style at the lighter weight, while not good for surviving multi-years in the SEC or NFL, was a heck of a lot of fun to watch.

3kgthog

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 24, 2016, 11:38:41 pm
Your negativity just gets so d a m n old

There's an ignore button, sweetheart.

jkstock04

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 25, 2016, 09:37:18 pm
I love the back he became over his career but his early running style at the lighter weight, while not good for surviving multi-years in the SEC or NFL, was a heck of a lot of fun to watch.
I too always felt like he was more explosive for us earlier on. I could be wrong but looks to me like the Seahawks have leaned him up quite a bit.

He played a pretty good game the other day...Seahawks wound up losing but was still cool to watch him get all that play time.

#36 for anyone wanting to look out for him and hasn't seen him yet.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jgphillips3

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 25, 2016, 09:44:11 pm
I too always felt like he was more explosive for us earlier on. I could be wrong but looks to me like the Seahawks have leaned him up quite a bit.

He played a pretty good game the other day...Seahawks wound up losing but was still cool to watch him get all that play time.

#36 for anyone wanting to look out for him and hasn't seen him yet.

His open field running was beautiful to watch.  Haven't seen him yet for Seattle.  Gotta check him out sooner.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: lasthog on December 25, 2016, 12:19:08 pm
Benny, just to be sure to leave no wrong impression with some, maybe you should go one step farther and define sarcasm. ;)

Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt."[1][2] Sarcasm may employ ambivalence,[3] although sarcasm is not necessarily ironic.[4] "The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflections".[5] The sarcastic content of a statement will be dependent upon the context in which it appears.[6]

Origin of the term

The word comes from the Greek σαρκασμός (sarkasmós) which is taken from σαρκάζειν (sarkázein) meaning "to tear flesh, bite the lip in rage, sneer".[1]

It is first recorded in English in 1579, in an annotation to The Shepheardes Calender by Edmund Spenser:

Tom piper, an ironicall Sarcasmus, spoken in derision of these rude wits, whych ...[7]

However, the word sarcastic, meaning "Characterized by or involving sarcasm; given to the use of sarcasm; bitterly cutting or caustic", doesn't appear until 1695.[1]

:)
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

preachr

lasthog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on December 25, 2016, 11:11:42 pm

Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt."[1][2] Sarcasm may employ ambivalence,[3] although sarcasm is not necessarily ironic.[4] "The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflections".[5] The sarcastic content of a statement will be dependent upon the context in which it appears.[6]

Origin of the term

The word comes from the Greek σαρκασμός (sarkasmós) which is taken from σαρκάζειν (sarkázein) meaning "to tear flesh, bite the lip in rage, sneer".[1]

It is first recorded in English in 1579, in an annotation to The Shepheardes Calender by Edmund Spenser:

Tom piper, an ironicall Sarcasmus, spoken in derision of these rude wits, whych ...[7]

However, the word sarcastic, meaning "Characterized by or involving sarcasm; given to the use of sarcasm; bitterly cutting or caustic", doesn't appear until 1695.[1]

:)

Thanks for this.

Now, me thinks no one will ever miss the sarcasm in a post.

Care to take a shot at hyperbole?

Pig in the Pokey

Rawls is hot garbage. Next year, Alex and CJ Procise will be the seahawks backfield. Pretty decent if you ask me. I think AC could eventually be a Beastmode Lite and CJ Procise is a dangerous man.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: lasthog on December 26, 2016, 10:32:33 am
Thanks for this.

Now, me thinks no one will ever miss the sarcasm in a post.

Care to take a shot at hyperbole?

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
noun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
synonyms:   exaggeration, overstatement, magnification, embroidery, embellishment, excess, overkill, rhetoric; More
informalpurple prose, puffery
"the media hyperbole that accompanied their championship series"
antonyms:   understatement

;)
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?