Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best time to buy Belk Bowl tickets?

Started by 3Bombs, December 19, 2016, 10:58:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3Bombs

DiamondHogFan

Probably whenever you want.  Don't expect it to be a sell out.

IntegrityHog

Probably a good chance you can get freebies outside the stadium. Once you are inside, you should be able to move pretty close to the field. 

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogsanity

prices have fallen on stub hub from $59 to $44 since last Thur, did not check to see what seats those are.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PonderinHog

hogsanity

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 19, 2016, 01:49:50 pm
About five minutes after kickoff.

He said time to buy, not pick up off the ground
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

verticalhog

$49 at midfield in upper deck.  I'm sure they'll go lower or, as others suggest, buy them outside the stadium for close to zero.

Brandon72

I remember going to a crap bowl afternoon game in Nashville (playing Minnesota).   Was the worst football game experience I've had.  NFL stadium about 1/5 full, no atmosphere, no excitement and just had the feel of watching a high school scrimmage.    That was a long time ago and I still have no desire to attend such type of game again.  I enjoy rent-a-win games at the beginning of the season more.   

There were people trying to sell some cheesy shirts for ten bucks and they would throw in a free ticket to the game.  Don't know if it will be that bad, but you should pretty much be able to get into the game for next to nothing.   

All the participation trophy bowl games need to be done away with.   It's nothing more than the equivalent of the NIT in basketball. 

Inhogswetrust

December 23, 2016, 07:50:37 am #11 Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 08:29:56 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Brandon72 on December 22, 2016, 02:16:32 pm
I remember going to a crap bowl afternoon game in Nashville (playing Minnesota).   Was the worst football game experience I've had.  NFL stadium about 1/5 full, no atmosphere, no excitement and just had the feel of watching a high school scrimmage.    That was a long time ago and I still have no desire to attend such type of game again.  I enjoy rent-a-win games at the beginning of the season more.   

There were people trying to sell some cheesy shirts for ten bucks and they would throw in a free ticket to the game.  Don't know if it will be that bad, but you should pretty much be able to get into the game for next to nothing.   

All the participation trophy bowl games need to be done away with.   It's nothing more than the equivalent of the NIT in basketball. 

They are a financial drain for the participating schools BUT they are an economic benefit to the city it is being played in. Not as much of a benefit they want you to believe however but still a benefit.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

mammag24

If you are a veteran (or know one) you can get them free.  They are lower level seats- there are still 600 available. However you must be a veteran to join this site (they make you prove your status).  They also have some basketball tickets.
https://www.vettix.org/esr/43039/349061

I am a veteran and have been using them for 2 years now and have gone to some great games and concerts. Its not a BS site. You can google them to see they are a legit organization that supports giving veterans tickets.  I am going to Belk Bowl (I live in Charlotte) and got mine the other day. Its sad there are still 600 tickets available.

hogsanity

All the participation trophy

I am so tired of this phrase. It has nothing to do with bowl games. You do not go to a bowl unless you meet certain criteria. You may think the criteria is too low, but that is far from a "participation trophy".

HotlantaHog

Probably outside the stadium.

Reminds me of buying Cotton Bowl tickets a number of years back when it was in the actual Cotton Bowl... I was worried about whether I could get tickets from Arkansas, which I did... when you actually got to the game, people were practically giving away tickets outside. The game is not a hot ticket.

hogcard1964

Quote from: hogsanity on December 19, 2016, 01:27:01 pm
prices have fallen on stub hub from $59 to $44 since last Thur, did not check to see what seats those are.

$42.00 today.

$35.00 on ticket exchange.

factchecker

In similar news, you can get Cotton Bowl tickets for $6 on StubHub.

Some of these $6 seats are loge seating.

Club seats are pretty cheap too.

https://www.stubhub.com/cotton-bowl-tickets-2017-cotton-bowl-arlington-at-t-stadium-1-2-2017/event/9585240/?mapto=false&mbox=1&rS=0&abbyo=true&sliderpos=false&qtyq=false&qtyddab=false&dUpg=false&sort=price+asc&bla=true

That's the problem of scheduling a Big 10 school vs. a midwest G5 school for a bowl in Dallas.

Since nothing besides the playoffs matter anymore they need to go back to regional ties.  Let the bowls bid on teams and remove auto bids.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

rljjr

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on December 19, 2016, 01:02:28 pm
Is this saying now that there are only 20k tickets left now?????

No, the upper deck seats 35K or so. The lower bowl is 22K.

ricepig

Quote from: rljjr on December 24, 2016, 12:21:56 pm
No, the upper deck seats 35K or so. The lower bowl is 22K.

The BoA stadium only holds 57,000?

hogcard1964

ricepig

FBREW000

Quote from: ricepig on December 24, 2016, 01:08:51 pm
Shirley you jest.....

don't call me Shirley.... By while jesting, feast your eyes on this my old friend.  Hope all is well. WPS

Seating Capacity
There are 75,419 seats at Bank of America Stadium and are distributed as follows:
Lower Bowl: 22,716
Club Level: 11,277
Suites/Suite Clubs: 4,288
Upper Bowl: 37,138
Total Stadium: 75,419

http://www.panthers.com/stadium/facts.html

Hoggish1

I was there and you are right. Team spent their 20 "extra practices"eating and listening to Nuts tell jokes...

ricepig

Quote from: FBREW000 on December 25, 2016, 01:18:51 am
don't call me Shirley.... By while jesting, feast your eyes on this my old friend.  Hope all is well. WPS

Seating Capacity
There are 75,419 seats at Bank of America Stadium and are distributed as follows:
Lower Bowl: 22,716
Club Level: 11,277
Suites/Suite Clubs: 4,288
Upper Bowl: 37,138
Total Stadium: 75,419

http://www.panthers.com/stadium/facts.html

Yeah, I knew the capacity, I was just surprised at the responses to it, haha. All is well enjoying this wonderful time of the year with family and friends, and celebrating the birth of our Savior.

VT Fan

Hello AR friends. Just opened my Christmas present from the wife and it was 2 BB lower level section 128, row 2, seats 7-8  - On the SEC side....ooops
Figured I would give it a try over here.
Face value $112 each
She paid $80 each

Send me and email or text if interested
cdouglasbarnett@gmail.com

Safe travels to all of you headed this way

code red

Quote from: VT Fan on December 25, 2016, 07:31:10 pm
Hello AR friends. Just opened my Christmas present from the wife and it was 2 BB lower level section 128, row 2, seats 7-8  - On the SEC side....ooops
Figured I would give it a try over here.
Face value $112 each
She paid $80 each

Send me and email or text if interested
cdouglasbarnett@gmail.com

Safe travels to all of you headed this way
I'll give u 40?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Brandon72

Quote from: hogsanity on December 23, 2016, 09:43:15 am
I am so tired of this phrase. It has nothing to do with bowl games. You do not go to a bowl unless you meet certain criteria. You may think the criteria is too low, but that is far from a "participation trophy".

You might be tired of it, but that is exactly what it is.   On ESPN right now is 5-7 Miss State playing their bowl game.  The team that lost to rent-a-win South Alabama and BYU, but they did knock off UMASS and Samford while getting a 51-3 beatdown to Bama. 

They have one "quality" win against Texas A&M and with that resume and at 5-7 are in a bowl.   Call it what you want, but that is just giving a bowl game to a team for doing very little more than participating all year.   You take the field enough times and some games and breaks are going to go your way.  That's just the odds playing themselves out.

When you get beat the way we did against LSU, Bama, Auburn, & Missouri, that does not warrant a bowl game that rises above the "participation trophy" threshold.  I'm glad I get to watch another game, but "making a bowl game" is no longer the standard for a successful season.   

Even some of the star players recognize this and want nothing to do with meaningless bowl games that could ruin their NFL future if they get injured playing basically for nothing more than a meaningless "participation trophy."   

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Brandon72 on December 26, 2016, 12:36:28 pm
You might be tired of it, but that is exactly what it is.   On ESPN right now is 5-7 Miss State playing their bowl game.  The team that lost to rent-a-win South Alabama and BYU, but they did knock off UMASS and Samford while getting a 51-3 beatdown to Bama. 

They have one "quality" win against Texas A&M and with that resume and at 5-7 are in a bowl.   Call it what you want, but that is just giving a bowl game to a team for doing very little more than participating all year.   You take the field enough times and some games and breaks are going to go your way.  That's just the odds playing themselves out.

When you get beat the way we did against LSU, Bama, Auburn, & Missouri, that does not warrant a bowl game that rises above the "participation trophy" threshold.  I'm glad I get to watch another game, but "making a bowl game" is no longer the standard for a successful season.   

Even some of the star players recognize this and want nothing to do with meaningless bowl games that could ruin their NFL future if they get injured playing basically for nothing more than a meaningless "participation trophy."   

The good thing about it is you can sit it the F out, watch some Dancing With the Stars reruns and Razorback football fans can go to or watch the game........win/win.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

ICEman

Chaparone a slew of local 5th and 6th grade school kid upper deck 'seat-fillers' and you will get in for no charge.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

3Bombs