Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Belk Bowl Rated #5 Best Bowl

Started by Oklahawg, December 18, 2016, 08:10:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/grading-the-many-many-many-college-football-bowls/

Notes that the overall quality of individual bowl games is on the decline (despite the efforts of the playoff and Group of Six bowls).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Sivad

AirForceHog

Can't fault the article. The bowl matchups are horrible his year.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Sivad on December 18, 2016, 09:30:39 pm
Well, its number one on my list.
Mine too...

The research tools used in this article are exceĺlent!

gchamblee

im most excited about the fact that our most cynical fans wont bother to watch this lowly bowl so we wont have to suffer through their ignorant analysis afterwards.

hogcard1964

Quote from: gchamblee on December 21, 2016, 10:02:56 am
im most excited about the fact that our most cynical fans wont bother to watch this lowly bowl so we wont have to suffer through their ignorant analysis afterwards.

I'll watch it if we win.  If not...meh. ssdd

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

tophawg19

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 21, 2016, 10:03:56 am
you are a top notch fan . Thankfully we have many just like you who support this team no matter what . nothing like loyalty among the fans for the players
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

mlloyd4

WPS! But I have no confidence in 538...
WPS

Oklahawg

Quote from: bacon&eggs on December 25, 2016, 12:30:05 pm
WPS! But I have no confidence in 538...

Enjoy your pretty rocks and tarot cards.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

CrookedSquealliry

Razzorduck

I watched the greatness of Holtz and Sutton

hogfanny

would have been a Cotton Bowl year if we took care of business.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 21, 2016, 10:03:56 am

We better win or Bert should be on the hotseat

WriterWrong

Quote from: hogfanny on December 26, 2016, 09:51:55 pm
would have been a Cotton Bowl year if we took care of business.

Took care of business as in... beat Missouri? Or beat Missouri and LSU? or beat Missouri, LSU and A&M?