Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jerry Jones Grandson Leads Highland Park Today at Noon on FoxSports Southwest

Started by ImHogginIt, December 17, 2016, 06:23:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ImHogginIt

John Stephen Jones, Stephen's son and Gerry's grandson, leads the Scots against Temple for the 5A Div I title. Jones passed for 2,958 yards, 29 touchdowns and seven interceptions this season.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/12/16/cowboys-vp-stephen-jones-raw-emotion-watching-son-compete-state-title-highland-park

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Yep. Watched Aledo finish undefeated to capture their 3rd straight in 5a div 2 last night. 6 in 8 years and 7 overall. Way to go Bearcats.  Would love to see them play the larger 5a highland park Scots   would be a hell of a game.
Let's make some waves.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 17, 2016, 09:55:44 am
Yep. Watched Aledo finish undefeated to capture their 3rd straight in 5a div 2 last night. 6 in 8 years and 7 overall. Way to go Bearcats.  Would love to see them play the larger 5a highland park Scots   would be a hell of a game.

Hope we can get that Aledo OT to take his 5th and final visit to Fayetteville.

FineAsSwine

Used to live in Forney in 2005, The Scots were 3a back then if I recall correctly and they were dominant in that classification. Guess they moved up. Impressive that they are still winning at a high level.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 17, 2016, 06:23:46 am
John Stephen Jones, Stephen's son and Gerry's grandson, leads the Scots against Temple for the 5A Div I title. Jones passed for 2,958 yards, 29 touchdowns and seven interceptions this season.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/12/16/cowboys-vp-stephen-jones-raw-emotion-watching-son-compete-state-title-highland-park

So... Hogs are leading for this kid, right?

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 17, 2016, 10:01:54 am

Dude is a monster for sure.  Have you watched the little mini series the star telegram did called Title Town TX
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 17, 2016, 10:02:07 am
Used to live in Forney in 2005, The Scots were 3a back then if I recall correctly and they were dominant in that classification. Guess they moved up. Impressive that they are still winning at a high level.

Yep same happened with Aledo. Their enrollment is around 1500 in 5A and Highland Park is around 2100 in 5A.  Not sure where the cutoff is from 5a 2  to 5a 1
Let's make some waves.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 17, 2016, 10:03:37 am

Dude is a monster for sure.  Have you watched the little mini series the star telegram did called Title Town TX

Didn't see it

Pretty neat little series.  I posted a link to it on here somewhere.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 17, 2016, 10:01:54 am

Since we are in year 4 of a ten year rebuild the staff should be all over that freshman running back from Aledo.
Let's make some waves.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 17, 2016, 10:23:55 am
Since we are in year 4 of a ten year rebuild the staff should be all over that freshman running back from Aledo.

10 year rebuild is not long enough.  BB needs 15
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

texas tush hog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 17, 2016, 06:23:46 am

Won State title game 16-7. John Stephen scored both touchdowns including game winner on fourth down run in the third quarter, Proud for the kid and his dad Stephen and grandpa Jerry. Good folks.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: texas tush hog on December 17, 2016, 07:23:31 pm
Won State title game 16-7. John Stephen scored both touchdowns including game winner on fourth down run in the third quarter, Proud for the kid and his dad Stephen and grandpa Jerry. Good folks.

The looks on Jerry and Stephen's faces were more joyous than what we saw in the Super Bowl wins. Especially on Stephen. That was one proud daddy.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Something tells me a lot colleges will offer the jones kid a scolly. Call it reading between the lines.

ricepig

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on December 18, 2016, 03:08:19 pm
Something tells me a lot colleges will offer the jones kid a scolly. Call it reading between the lines.

Nah, just the bottom line.......

texas tush hog

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on December 18, 2016, 03:08:19 pm

What you wanna bet he winds up as a hog db or wr.

Dr. Starcs

Yeah but he probably didnt have to beat out 15 other teams in his classification like in Arkansas.

Does anyone know the breakdown of classifications and teams in Texas?

Birminghog

Did they do the Aledo Shuffle?

Birminghog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 17, 2016, 10:02:07 am

Is the Forney mascot still the Jackrabbits? I always thought they should be the Gators. Had a friend who lived there and talked about starting a business that made and delivered food to meetings. Wanted to call it Forney Caterers.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Birminghog on December 18, 2016, 06:16:18 pm
Is the Forney mascot still the Jackrabbits? I always thought they should be the Gators. Had a friend who lived there and talked about starting a business that made and delivered food to meetings. Wanted to call it Forney Caterers.
With a name like that, who cares if the food's good?

DLUXHOG

No, mascot is the Fornicaters...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 18, 2016, 03:56:42 pm
Yeah but he probably didnt have to beat out 15 other teams in his classification like in Arkansas.

Does anyone know the breakdown of classifications and teams in Texas?

Had to win 5 playoff games to get to championship game so quite a few more than what is required in Arkansas.

Birminghog

murthage

tophawg19

5'10 165 . 111 rated qb in the nation   , # 10 qb in texas is all i can find . no offer from the hogs but a walk on wouldn't be a surprise . he has another year though
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hoggusamoungus

ricepig

tophawg19

I'd give him a scholarship based on potential .future income and donor potential lol.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

The OTR

jackflash

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on December 22, 2016, 09:13:41 am
better offer him a schollie

He doesn't need a scholarship.............. his family can easily afford the highest tuition fees at the most exclusive college or university...  The paper on their toilet paper roll would pay for a full 4 years at any state institution.....

ImHogginIt

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 22, 2016, 09:27:47 am
He doesn't need a scholarship.............. his family can easily afford the highest tuition fees at the most exclusive college or university...  The paper on their toilet paper roll would pay for a full 4 years at any state institution.....

Yeah I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there. Jerry is still an old Arkansas boy. I bet he wipes his ass on a regular roll of Charmin.

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 22, 2016, 09:54:12 am
Yeah I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there. Jerry is still an old Arkansas boy. I bet he wipes his ass on a regular roll of Charmin.

Ultra....

colemjh

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 17, 2016, 10:04:59 am

Yep same happened with Aledo. Their enrollment is around 1500 in 5A and Highland Park is around 2100 in 5A.  Not sure where the cutoff is from 5a 2  to 5a 1

Each District in 5A or 6A or any other division sends the 4 best teams to the playoffs. The 2 teams with the most student population go to the Div 1 playoff and the 2 teams with the least student population go the Div 2 playoff. So a team could be in different divisions from year to year just depending on the teams from their district that made the playoffs that year.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 22, 2016, 09:27:47 am

Wasn't Stephen a walk-on?  I know he played special teams and some LB but not sure if he was on scholarship.

ricepig

DLUXHOG

Don't think so.... this is where Jerry lives in Highland Park........

ImHogginIt

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 22, 2016, 10:19:18 am
Don't think so.... this is where Jerry lives in Highland Park........

Well please enlighten me on a brand that is higher end than Charmin. I have frequent bouts of diarrhea and would like to know what is the most forgiving brand.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 22, 2016, 10:21:34 am
Well please enlighten me on a brand that is higher end than Charmin. I have frequent bouts of diarrhea and would like to know what is the most forgiving brand.

"Benjamin's finest"

ImHogginIt

Jackrabbit Hog

Is the Forney mascot still the Jackrabbits?

If so, they're posers.    Everyone knows there's only one true Jackrabbits...
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 22, 2016, 10:21:34 am

That's the reason you go with Charmin Ultra Soft, but back on the topic, Jerry needs a new gardener, I saw some nutsedge.

Jackrabbit Hog

Old Arkansas boys don't use Charmin. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: colemjh on December 22, 2016, 10:04:22 am
Each District in 5A or 6A or any other division sends the 4 best teams to the playoffs. The 2 teams with the most student population go to the Div 1 playoff and the 2 teams with the least student population go the Div 2 playoff. So a team could be in different divisions from year to year just depending on the teams from their district that made the playoffs that year.

You serious Clark?    That really how it is determined?  So if a team destroys everyone in their conf and goes undefeated they would drop down to.Div 2 if.a team in conf they beat by 60.makes the playoffs but has more.students?
Let's make some waves.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 23, 2016, 08:36:49 am

You serious Clark?    That really how it is determined?  So if a team destroys everyone in their conf and goes undefeated they would drop down to.Div 2 if.a team in conf they beat by 60.makes the playoffs but has more.students?

Hate to have to say it, but that is the facts of the matter.

texas tush hog

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on December 22, 2016, 10:11:37 am
Wasn't Stephen a walk-on?  I know he played special teams and some LB but not sure if he was on scholarship.

No, he and the Lindsey boys all had full scholarships from the get go. Matter of pride to Jim and Jerry.