Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andrew Ritter

Started by netteltonhog, December 09, 2008, 06:31:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

December 10, 2008, 07:57:13 am #50 Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 08:03:26 am by HoginMemphis
Quote from: outlawhogeywells on December 09, 2008, 08:05:50 am
putting the ball in the endzone in HS is not as hard as it is in college, remember Tejada put all of his kicks in the endzone also most of them through the endzone. 
I see that college kicks off from the 30 and HS from the 40. Still, a good kicker should be able to get it to the goaline in college. Tejada can't get it inside the 10 and usually it's around the 15 or 20. He needs to be replaced on KO duty.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Simple Swineman

Quote from: berryhog on December 09, 2008, 07:15:07 pm
That's the reason I wouldn't get too excited about our chances with him.  I'm sure if he is really that good, and Hootie even thinks this kid might sign with us he will offer him and he will wind up at OM. 

This would force Nutt to use 2 scholarships on kickers this year. They have already offered one kicker that has committed.

JIHawg

Quote from: Simple Swineman on December 10, 2008, 07:59:50 am
This would force Nutt to use 2 scholarships on kickers this year. They have already offered one kicker that has committed.

I love Petrino giving the loser some of his own medicine.  That's a great take.

go hogues

Quote from: berryhog on December 09, 2008, 07:15:07 pm
That's the reason I wouldn't get too excited about our chances with him.  I'm sure if he is really that good, and Hootie even thinks this kid might sign with us he will offer him and he will wind up at OM. 
If so, HDN will sign two kickers in one class.
The scary thing is, Jackson Academy is just like Little Rock's Pulaski Academy, lots of wealthy kids that have parents that graduated from their state's flagship school.
My wife went to high school there and she was one of only a few from her class that didn't blindly go to OM.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hogfansince79

Dudley's article in todays (The Morning News) paper said something like he missed 4 FG's from over 60 yards, and 2 from over 50 yards, with a long of 58 yards.  I guess he made everything inside the fifty.  Wow!   :razorback:
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

DeltaBoy

Get that boy a Schoolie and a Tri-Delta campus guide.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogchic2001

Quote from: JIHawg on December 09, 2008, 09:56:36 pm
Ole Ms boards talk about Ritter.

http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/11519
I love the quote about how Nutt knows what's best and they ALL think he will walk on due to family ties there. 
Go HOGS Go!

Khallos

one thing i noticed when looking at the kickers on rivals...notre dame has the #5 and #15 kickers both committed in this class, maybe one is for punting or place kicking and the other is for FG's or something, but it just seemed strange to me...

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: hogfansince79 on December 10, 2008, 09:49:02 am
Dudley's article in todays (The Morning News) paper said something like he missed 4 FG's from over 60 yards, and 2 from over 50 yards, with a long of 58 yards.  I guess he made everything inside the fifty.  Wow!   :razorback:

On DTS, Trey Biddey was discussing him and said that all the kicks Ritter missed were from 50+, didn't miss a single kick from inside 50.
Look at his performance at the LSU camp.  From the college line, his average kick would be one yard out of the back of the end zone with those numbers (avg. 81 yards per kick off).
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

wholehog92

Quote from: JIHawg on December 09, 2008, 09:56:36 pm
Ole Ms boards talk about Ritter.

http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/11519

If I were as blind as a bat and in the honeymoon phase of a new coach and hadn't won anything in years, I might agree with them on this.  They have another kicker coming in and a walk on in the wings.  With the way their recruiting class is looking, an extra kicker is probably one I would take or leave.  The only thing is, they are thinking TCTWF is carefully evaluating needs and addressing them with talent he can develop into need filling players.  We all know better than to believe any word of that, so would rather have any recruit BP has thought enough of to visit and offer than any recruit we haven't offered that they have....Even a kicker.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

chiefsfan

Quote from: oldfart on December 09, 2008, 10:39:56 am
yes, that has bothered me also.  tejada would almost always kick it through the end zone and i have even seen him kick it through the goal posts on kickoffs on occasion.  i still believe that his injury hampered him much more than we realize.

College kicks from 10 yards farther back and on a smaller tee.   my understanding from some kickers is that the slightest difference in tee height can cost you 5 yards of distance on a kick.

The majority of college kickers kicked it into the end zone in hgih school.  Touchbacks are way too easy to get in high school.  You could squib it and get a touchback
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

berryhog

Quote from: Simple Swineman on December 10, 2008, 07:59:50 am

I would not put anything past him when it comes to recruiting vs. UA.  I don't think it would matter if they had 4 kickers.  If he thought he could keep a kid   rather than have them come here he would do just that, whether they needed him or not.  Especially since we seem so interested.   

southeasthog

Quote from: chiefsfan on December 10, 2008, 02:21:51 pm
College kicks from 10 yards farther back and on a smaller tee.   my understanding from some kickers is that the slightest difference in tee height can cost you 5 yards of distance on a kick.

The majority of college kickers kicked it into the end zone in hgih school.  Touchbacks are way too easy to get in high school.  You could squib it and get a touchback
This is true about the size of thr tee. In high school, the farthest I ever hit in practice was 47 yards. After my senior year, I was at the field kicking with a taller tee. I hit a few from 53 yards. The heigth of the tee make a big difference.