Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas Tech vs Ole Miss

Started by nuttfreein2008, December 08, 2008, 07:34:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nuttfreein2008

How bad is Mike Leach going to kick nutt's arse?

tkhog

fanofthehog

1,473,861 - 3

book it

mark it down

75grad

Depends on how motivated TT is?  What are they playing for?
NCAA=Need Cash Attend Auburn

hogsndawgs

Quote from: tkhog on December 08, 2008, 07:54:22 pm
He's not! Hotty Toddy! Go SEC!

I agree on the go SEC part. I'll hold my nose and cheer for TTTICBN (the team that is coached by nuttless), but I'm not going to say Hotty Toddy.

nuttfreein2008

I am all  for the Sec going undefeated in the bowls but with one loss and that is Hootie.  I wonder if Hootie is stupid enough to go to Auburn after everyone in their right mind turns them down because they have lost their mind firing tubby after one bad season.  That mental breakdown remind me of Nebraska firing Solich after he won 9 games.  lol

Gus the head hog

Team Oklahoma

Dont TT run that offense that will not work in the SEC ?  ???

I sure hope it works on this game.

scarolinahog

Quote from: hogsndawgs on December 08, 2008, 09:21:30 pm
I agree on the go SEC part. I'll hold my nose and cheer for TTTICBN (the team that is coached by nuttless), but I'm not going to say Hotty Toddy.

I will pull for Texas Tech piss on Ole Miss. Hated em before Nutt and hate em worse now. Worked with to many Mississppi rednecks in Memphis. I even own the book "I hate Ole Miss-303 reasons why you should too". have had it about 10 years, long before Nuttjob.
I POST IN CAPS CAUSE I LOVE THE JOKES!

Gibbs

I hate all the Big 12 people saying that they are better than us this year.  Aside from the title game this is the only other matchup.  SEC needs to win this game, plus doesn't the conference get more money if they win? 

Conway4Hogs

I dearly hope Leach puts a arse reaming on the fruit that he never recovers from it. But since McNutt has made a deal with the devil and been the luckiest coach in America this year I suppose he will roll another 7 and luck out yet again.

REALTOR Hog

I too think Texas Tech will beat the living dog mess out of Ole Miss... But for some reason, I can't help but thinking Nutt will get lucky beyond belief and they will play them close and might even beat them.

Makes me sick.
- GO HOGS -

regi

Nutt's offense will struggle as usual for a bowl game, not enough run polish time. Tyrone Nix's defense will cause major problems for Tech.

hei5manhog

Ole Miss will win, Texas Tech won't show up. I'd like to see something like Mizzou did to us last season, but i think that was more us being a mess than them being that good.  Ole Miss 30 Texas Tech 24
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

pigzwillrise

i wouldnt be suprised if ole miss wins this one... even though just a few weeks ago TT was number one in the country... and theyve only lost one since then... i better go with the raiders

razorbacks1usa

i hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeee ole pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss i hope tt beats the dog .... out of them nutt left our program in pretty bad shape talent wise and went to a team that he didn't recruit i say in 3 years the fans there will be sick of his bull shi% to i want the sec to win the bowl games but this one i want tt to win
i hope its like 72 to 21 tt wins

hogdogcrazy

Quote from: tkhog on December 08, 2008, 07:54:22 pm
He's not! Hotty Toddy! Go SEC!

Don't you feel dirty and sleazy just saying that? 
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

razorbrass

Texas Tech will "rip out their eyes and puke in their dead skull."
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

Rhog

It dependes which Texas Tech shows up.  If it is the TT of the last few weeks I would not be surprised if Ole Miss won.  If TT plays up to their potential they could blow out Ole Miss.  TT better not have another Baylor showing; because they looked awful.  I will be cheering for TT; I think some things are more important than conference loyalty!

Hawgrox

Quote from: Gibbs on December 08, 2008, 11:57:44 pm
I hate all the Big 12 people saying that they are better than us this year.  Aside from the title game this is the only other matchup.  SEC needs to win this game, plus doesn't the conference get more money if they win?

Money isn't everything Randolph!

I will for the first time be pulling against the SEC in a bowl game...just can't pull for Ole Miss...like scarolinahog I got my fill of Ole Miss years ago. Go live in east-central Arkansas for a while and you will understand.

HoggieStyle

I'm hoping for some serious rapage.

longtimeHogfan

I want to see hootie beaten like a rented mule with a knotted plow line. 

I like to see the SEC do well but I'll get over it if hootie loses.  Big. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Hoggish1

Wouldn't it be nice if Leach opened the flood gates to hang 100 on him.  But since I have no faith in the Big 12, this may not turn out the way any of us want. 

But make no mistake about it, openening a big ole fashioned can of whoop ass on him would start the new year off right!

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 09, 2008, 09:28:21 amopenening a big ole fashioned can of whoop ass on him would start the new year off right!

The guy I'd like to see BP recruit is the one that put that whoop a$$ in the can in the first place.  He's the one I want playing for the Hogs!  ;)
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

prince of parlay

Quote from: nuttfreein2008 on December 08, 2008, 09:24:43 pm
I am all  for the Sec going undefeated in the bowls but with one loss and that is Hootie.  I wonder if Hootie is stupid enough to go to Auburn after everyone in their right mind turns them down because they have lost their mind firing tubby after one bad season.  That mental breakdown remind me of Nebraska firing Solich after he won 9 games.  lol

Agreed!!

Adam Stokes

You guys forget.  Nutt is actually throwing the ball this year.  When he throws the ball his teams do fairly well.  I'll give Ole Miss a better chance than most on here.  At the very least, you know Nutt will cover the spread, because that entitles a "moral victory".

Killean

This game is a win/win

Either SEC dominance and Big 12 fraudelence is shown again..

Or Nutt loses.

Either way, we're happy.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

buckyhog

Quote from: scarolinahog on December 08, 2008, 11:52:55 pm

I even own the book "I hate Ole Miss-303 reasons why you should too". have had it about 10 years, long before Nuttjob.

So now it is 304 reasons!

dr_arkansawyer

We need the iron qualities that go with true manhood. We need the positive virtues of resolution, of courage, of indomitable will, of power to do without shrinking the rough work that must always be done.

Theodore Roosevelt
1858-1919, Twenty-sixth President of the USA

hogsNbeer

Agreed...    Texas Tech does play in the big 12....and I'm sorry, they dont' play week in and week out the type of teams you do in the SEC.....  Ole Miss can beat Texas Tech, but for me I'd like to see Tech hang 70 on em.......I too will put my loyalty to the SEC aside for this one game and hope nuttjob is a$$raped on national television.   

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wild Bill Hog

December 09, 2008, 01:16:09 pm #31 Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 01:18:02 pm by Wild Bill Hog
This is Nutt in a bowl game.  Close for 3 quarters, then he makes a stupid decision of some kind (which he later blames on 1 of his players) and TT wins by a couple of TD's.

donewithdale

Just hope TTech cares about being there.  I have no doubt which staff will win the X's and O's part.  But bowls are often decided by which team cares the most about being there.  The CB is sometimes tough with the early kickoff and cold weather. 

If both teams are equal as far as being mentally 'up' for the game:

Ole Miss' D Line will whip TTech's fat Oline.  Harrell had better get rid of the ball quickly. 

Ole Miss' secondary isn't good.  Crabtree could have a big day with runs after catches on quick routes.  Tech should also throw a number of fades.

Tech's D are overachievers and OM will put up some points on them.  I look for Hooty to try and run and play ball control as long as the game is close. 

Tech wins in the 4th qtr as Nutt again plays not to lose and to keep the game close.  Harrell and Crabtree make enough plays. 

Hogustus Caesar

December 09, 2008, 06:54:00 pm #33 Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 06:58:17 pm by FayettenamSam
I can not pull for Ole Miss with Nutt there. The entire situation from the Mustain, Malazahn to golden handcuffs (and don't forget the moccasins comment) just really sickened me. Glad that chapter in Razorback history is over. Long live the BP era!
Must pull for Texas Tech.
"Mastering the art of discourse with the tenacity of a razorback and the eloquence of an emperor – HogustusCaesar, where discussions meet greatness."

Hawgin84

Piss on Houston Nutt. I hope Tech "hangs a hunnerd on 'em".

happyhawgal

No way Ole Miss wins. They have  Hootie and he will be too busy texting before the game. I hope TT beats them like a stepchild.
WPS!!
NewDay
NewAttitude
NewIdentity
NewYear

hogdiggity

I was wondering why Hogville is pimping tickets to this game?  there is a link in the top right hand corner of this forum linking to purchase tickets to the cotton bowl

cessna8667

I would hope that Ole Miss kills them (GO SEC), but Nutt doesn't have a good record in bowl games...  I'm betting TT wins by 7 to 14 points

Pecos Hog

Quote from: nuttfreein2008 on December 08, 2008, 07:34:33 pm
How bad is Mike Leach going to kick nutt's arse?

Bad, real bad.    Could be reminiscent of a USC whipping Hootie received. 

Pecos Hog

Quote from: hogsNbeer on December 09, 2008, 12:33:14 pm
Agreed...    Texas Tech does play in the big 12....and I'm sorry, they dont' play week in and week out the type of teams you do in the SEC.....  Ole Miss can beat Texas Tech, but for me I'd like to see Tech hang 70 on em.......I too will put my loyalty to the SEC aside for this one game and hope nuttjob is a$$raped on national television.   

You obviously have not been paying attention this year.   The Big 12 South is probably the toughest group of teams in the nation this year - Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech.    Tech can do more than "handle" Ole Miss.    It could be embarrassing for Hootie.

blunt_hawg

Graham Harrell just had his left hand operated on and will be playing with a splint on the hand during the game. If he can play like he can play with the splint, I don't see Ole Miss having a chance.  If the injury causes him problems taking the snap and either throws his timing off or causes him to mishandle the ball, Ole Miss will probably win.

judgeroyswine

Quote from: blunt_hawg on December 09, 2008, 08:01:03 pm
Graham Harrell just had his left hand operated on and will be playing with a splint on the hand during the game. If he can play like he can play with the splint, I don't see Ole Miss having a chance.  If the injury causes him problems taking the snap and either throws his timing off or causes him to mishandle the ball, Ole Miss will probably win.

Yeah, and it's not like it will be cold or anything in the Cotton Bowl.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

SILK PURSE

Party at my house.  This will be my bowl game for the year.  All haters welcome.  Bring your righteous indignation and be ready to drink heavily.  TP, if you come, we will saddle you and ride you like a mechanical bull.
On the dark days, I sit in a dimly lit alcove crushing up 250mg Nuvigil tablets and knitting tiny pink practice jerseys for Mr. Whiskers.  Then I think of the Herringboner Series--back to back fake punt calls in the 2008 Cotton Bowl.  Soon, shrill peals of laughter echo out the window and across the courtyard.